It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last Rites of The Walking Dead.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I dont want to pick a fight with you about this, (I wont let this show have the satisfaction of that) but how do you have whisper's stroyline that works without Carl?

Enid? know one even cares about?

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I dont watch this show but isnt Fear the Walking Dead a spin off. Ho wmany spin off's does a show get??

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I just get the sense, that they are trying to turn Negan into an almost good person or a Shane type of personality type. They do this with all the villians it seem. See their point of view they might actually be good, Did the same thing with The Governor. Negan doesnt want to kill people he just wants to send a message. this type of mentality. That even other's in Negan's group are a worser villian then he actuall is. That lower's Negan's evilness so to say to have a hench who wants to go further then your willing to go.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I was going to get to the point. about the helicopter or even the question of the lady from House of Cards who shows up out of the blue. This show is trying to be a half baked lost. They will give you these wild questions that you want answers to. That will probably never be answered or they will answer it a year later, when you basically forgot about it.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Everytime they separate themselves from the comics the stroyline has been bad. The Drawn out Beth saga abd the police saga. ANd again the Garbage people. (absolutely hilarious) " Me no like"

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I'm happy to see another has found the light!

Considering the show was supposed to be six episodes and that's it, I managed to get halfway through season 2 before I couldn't stomach that junk any more. The only person who would have survived the first few days is Darryl Dixon. Everyone else screamed and fought as though it were a regular day. In an apocalypse, anyone that acts like someone from the walking dead is going to end up getting everyone killed.

Hands down, the walking dead is the epitome of brain-dead writing and casting, and, maybe it's just me, but it seems like Frank "Grimey" Grimes sole purpose in life is to accumulate all of the dirt in the apocalypse.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I loved the show since the season one but after they killed Glenn and Abraham the story just sucked. The worst was how they had the tiger die though !

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The season finale is the best episode of the season. The first 32 minutes or so were great. The last 13 or so was filler. LOL'd at the guns backfiring and Rosita punching Eugene. Those were awesome moments.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: neo96

Them being all whipping boy for Negan was tedious to watch. It got good again last season but then the last few episodes of it were lame. This new stretch started kind a lame but its gotten real decent again the past few.

Oh, Negan was really annoying at first but he's finally grown on me.

Bonafide charmer!

I'm getting "Watchmen" flashbacks, why is that? Lol.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: SaturnFX

I dont watch this show but isnt Fear the Walking Dead a spin off. Ho wmany spin off's does a show get??

Yeah, and its okayish. The characters are generally unlikeable.

A TV show can have several spinoffs. See: Happy Days (laverine and shirley, mork and mindy, joanie loves chachi) or All in the Family..etc

I think TWD could semi spinoff into something else. gotta keep something for town (ftwd) and country (twd).

Something to consider. in season 8 of twd, you have dream sequences...and its interesting to see who is in the dream and who isnt. I suspect the dream sequence will come true and it was a vision, meaning the ones missing are either dead, or they have moved on and that is going to be the new show.
edit on 16-4-2018 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I think Neagans character should've been accellerated to antichrist? Did I spell Neagan
right? If not IDGAS.
edit on Rpm41618v56201800000014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

They do this with all the villians it seem. See their point of view they might actually be good, Did the same thing with The Governor. Negan doesnt want to kill people he just wants to send a message.

It has been my understanding that this was the point all along. To see the duality in Ricks story and how even though he is shown as the good guy, his actions mirrored in another can be bad.

In the comics at least that's how I see Ricks character. Not so much in the show.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Rick is a horrible leader. Always miscalculates, his people die. Most of his plans backfire horribly.
The finale would have been a slaughter of his people except for events beyond his control. He walks right into traps.

Most of the time he's more evil than his foes.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Fear of the Walking Dead.

Actually got better.

Season 4 begins with Morgan.

That SWAT vehicle is the snip.

The first 3 seasons sucked.

I actually finished TWD.

Been bored out of my mind.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

No one as weak as Rick has been proven time after time to be could believably survive any apocalypse whatsoever. The series has made Rick Grimes look like a total zilch.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
TWD did suffer from piss poor writing.

Yet another helicopter for what ever reason.

We still don't know who was in the other one.

And why even mention the helipad in the junk yard?

Neagans only alive because of Karl ?

What the eff.

I thought this was the last season of it.

And now another effing season of Neagan bullsnip.

As bad as Fear of the Walking Dead is at least they wrapped snip up and moved on.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I've watched it all to this point, much like I'll finish a book I've grown tired of just to not leave it unfinished. Mild OCD? Shut up.

I'd rather re watch Resident Evil movies at this point. I'm all in on The Punisher though. Best thing TWD did was kill off Shane which allowed Jon Bernthal the opportunity for the Frank Castle role.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Best punisher ever.
I hope one day a Deadpool punisher spin off

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Spoiler alert - I think I saw the final episode of the original series last night.

Wasn't such a big surprise, since I followed comparisons to the comic books on YouTube.

So, they're going to keep Negan in a cell to watch the growth of the new world.

But there's like four or five communities by now.
Are they going to move his cell around, for updates on each?
Or are they all moving to one spot, and keep Negan in a watchtower, where he can see everything?

And the African American dude with the martial arts stick decides to be alone in the deserted junk-yard.
What's he gonna eat and drink?
Isn't he gonna starve there?
You can't hunt or farm with that stick.
Or is he gonna come around to the Hilltop for breakfast, lunch and supper, and then bugger off to the junkyard again (a bit like a morose Generation X teenager living in the basement)?

And what happens to Lucille?
Is Rick gonna hang her up over his fireplace?

But I'm watching a new horror series called "The Terror" now, which does for cat-o-nine-tails what Lucille did for baseball bats.

I'm worried a bit for the careers of all these actors, because they have become so iconic, they might never be believable again in another role.

However, considering there's a whole community of women living without men joining the "new world", if I was Michonne, I'd keep Rick on a tight lead.
Every so often Negan can tattle-tale to Michonne from his cell, while pulling his sarcastic snake visage: "I saw who Rick slept with last summer - well, you guys wanted me to see everything".

edit on 18-4-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

They not only kept Negan in a cell but gave amnesty to his cohorts.

Set up another effing season of this snip.

And the African American dude with the martial arts stick decides to be alone in the deserted junk-yard.

Morgans character pulled a Forrest Gump and hoofed a few thousand miles he's on Fear of the Walking Dead now.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join