It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last Rites of The Walking Dead.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
amc cant do negan justice

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Jiggly

HBO turned down the walking dead. Imagine if it was on HBO?

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
100LL virtually never goes bad, it has insane stabilizers in it. Also a properly stored airplane will be ready to run for years. a reply to: Swills

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
amc cant do negan justice

In part, id agree. I think the actor (Jeffrey Dean Morgan or something?) is a fantastic pick, personally.

But, like most areas where the show is lacking, the writers just kind of fall flat. It seems like some areas that should be a focus in various ways are too brief (or skipped entirely), while areas that should be limited are drawn out waaayyyyy too much.

I think they are trying to separate themselves from the comics, but in doing so, lose a lot of what made the comics actually work.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

That I didn't know that but I was thinking more about the quantities of fuel since aircraft suck it down and there would no longer be oil companies producing it. But doing a search on the shelf life of aviation fuel, it seems you are wrong.

What is the shelf life of avgas?

Bill Albrecht, who has a heli-pad and hangar in his backyard, recently installed a 2,000-gallon avgas tank. His question: “”What is the shelf life of avgas?”” The short answer is that, under most conditions, the shelf life of avgas is about one year. If you are a commercial operator, this is the end of the discussion.

Finding a stored aircraft I guess would be helpful to fly you to your secluded island but where would you land it?
edit on 14-4-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It’s wayyyyyy more than a year, I had a huge tank I got when I worked as a a&p and I used it in my rx7 and dirt bikes for about 5 years. a reply to: Swills

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Jeffrey Dean Morgan is doing a great job! Most of the fan base agrees, the writers are dropping the ball. Maybe things will change for next season.

The show is definitely trying to steer away from the comics while also keeping major comic plots into the show. Must be like walking a high wire during a windy day for the writers.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

That's what the oil companies and pilots say. Running it in your non aviation engines is completely different though. Again, planes and helicopters require LOTS of maintenance and special care so you don't crash and burn while in flight. I guess in a post apocalyptic world taking that chance on old aviation gas could be worth the risk depending on the situation.

And we're just talking about gas, not even oils and other lubricants aircraft require on top the many things on their expansive pre-flight list.

Maybe Zaphod58 will happen to read this thread and drop in with his 2 cents.
edit on 14-4-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I freaking love him in the role.

Going back to my standard of "is he entertaining?" and the answer is an enthusiastic hell yes!

I actually think one of the writers biggest mistakes is how far they are moving from the comics. I totally get the motivation, but it almost seems like they use it exclusively for shock factor, story be damned.

I feel its far too heavy handed, and any departures should be based on making it work better on screen instead of seeking the reaction of "that didn't happen in the comics!"

Ah well, I suppose it is what it is and its unlikely to change.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

A show needs to stay consistent to what it is or says it is.

If TWD was Z-Nation to begin with ... OK, but to violate what it set out to portray and become what it's not is a turnoff. That's like a soap opera suddenly introducing vampires as a storyline. WTF?!

I got tired of TWD a long time ago, it just never could really decide what it actually was and in what proportion.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Goodbye walking Dead!
(Long, long, long overdue)

In memory of....

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Once loved TWD, have every comic up to #170
The show is just a dry turd now.. Stopped watching after the first episode of the negan arc, seems like I haven't missed anything.
So many plot holes the show doesn't have any ground to stand on..
I think teenage Carl was what put me off the most his character was so whiny and annoying(heard he died though so might start watching again) the whisperers arc would be nice to see... Heard a theory that its the survivors from fear the walking dead.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting
Muggy in summer/fall only. Beautiful in spring. Winter it's ugly and nasty. I'm moving to South Florida.
edit on 14-4-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I love Jeffrey Dean Morgan. The writers have made a complete fool of his character-too many ridiculous times he has survived. That fight with Rick was so dumb.

Negan is just a joke now-horrible scripts-such complete and stupid nonsense. He is such a cool and great looking actor-they're ruining his resume.

And if they can't write for Rick with any semblance to a reason to even be on the show-then a new leader is needed-and I don't believe in the perpetually pregnant widow.

This show has so jumped the shark and I am so disgusted-lost opportunities.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
i live next to a small airport. i cant hear the person talking next to me when they land. if you fly an airplane in a zombie apocalypse, you will be greeted by every zombie for at least a mile when you land it

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The writing is the main reason TWD is in decline. Too many sup par characters that bog down any momentum. Why are Rosita and Friday Gabriel still alive? And the people who can act they kill off before we even get to know the character. It's too bad with better direction and scripts it could have stayed on top.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
They lost me when it devolved from a zombie horror show into a soap-opera.
Somewhere in the middle of season 3.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
TWD used to be my favorite show. I loved it. Season 5 was the first time I noticed a step down. Season started off great. First three episodes if I remember correctly. Then they shifted the next few episodes to focusing on Beth. Beth was a worthless character IMHO that should have been killed off far before she was. Most people did not give a damn about her. Then they killed her off and tried making us feel sad and that we lost a major character. We didn't. But the momentum that TWD had going was stalled.

I also think that when the show was so successful, AMC tried taking advantage of that fact and ordered more episodes, thus dragging the seasons out too long. If you have great material for 10, or so episodes, anymore will be bogged down with filler. So greed is a culprit here.

But I will keep watching. For now anyway.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I don't think it has the fear and scare factor of the first few seasons, but it's still better than most of the shows currently on. I watched Fear The Walking Dead for two seasons and gave up. I thought it was rubbish.
People always say they give up watching The Walking Dead, but always keep an ear to the ground to see what's happening. If they are that interested still, why not just watch it?

I still enjoy it. Each to thier own I guess.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If I were still on facebook, I'd be glad. So many idiots posting "Walking dead tonight, getting ready!" etc.

I stopped after season 3... if I want to watch a slow laborious show, I'll put on my wallpaper.

Speaking of which, the flowers are on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join