It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last Rites of The Walking Dead.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This Sunday will bring another close to a Walking Dead season. But for me this will be my last episode that I will watch. I actually took a break from the show but came back to see how they would do the All Out War story arc. ( Can you believe the All Out war story arc has gone on for two seasons?) I am not going to list all the things that are wrong with this show. Garbage people,characters that disappear for three episode or more, character's we don't care about. For me this show needs to die. And actually it looks like it might happen. Last time I checked Lauren Cohen (Maggie) doesn't have a Season nine contract. And she has landed a new show set to air on ABC. Denai Gurira (Michionne) Is in Two blockbuster movies this year. She doesn't need to do this show anymore. And the Chandler Riggs controversy. And that bad publicity.

The Walking Dead's Ratings are slipping.Walking Dead ratings decline

If I can say a final goodbye to the show that got me so excited Season 1. I remember when my cousin told me you have to check out this out Season 1. Where I freaked on every episode screaming " what is this!" this is amazing! I remember at the end of season 2 where I was obssessed with the Walking Dead and had to know what happened next and started reading the comics. I remember when the walking dead first broke out and became a major thing and Andrew Lincoln was on the cover of everything. This was a great show that had life but now has turned.

So if anyone else is like me and saying goodbye. Please speak your peace.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I fell out with it but I have enjoyed the last few episodes.
I will watch it when the Whisperer's are introduced I think it will help bring it back on track.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I've been so disappointed for so long now. It just drags out nonsensical stories with no completion. Used to love Andrew Lincoln and his character but what an idiot leader and loser he has become. He's barely in each episode-and now has a dead blank stare.

TWD has lost all the great characters at this point so I am not at all as involved with what happens to any one them. And what human baby takes 2 years to be born? And why does Negan get getting 2nd, 3rd, 4.... chances?

There's never a let up anymore for characters to be fleshed out and have any hope. Killing off Carl, hope of the future-just horrible decision. And Carl's letters? So young, naive and served no purpose except to give every episode since a chance to cry.

They film 10 miles from me but I am done, too.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Oooooo is it always as muggy as it appears around there?.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I've been enjoying it a lot, especially the last couple seasons. The prison season dragged a bit for me.

Last season? hmm...hard to say really. I think they might be concluding soon, but the ratings are still quite good (not amazing like they used to be, but still a solid program in regards to AMCs investment)...so, is it time for them to go?

Well, they killed off that one person (trying to be spoiler free) recently for the idea of it being a necessity to grow the show in a new direction. Things may change, but I would find it difficult to believe they would just axe it completely. There might be a great purge of characters dying which would almost be like a reset...who knows...maybe a splinter group spinoff...take 4 characters and start going west to set up trade routes and help out communities that deserve it kinda thing

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I stopped watching it.

The Negan storyline was too stupid for my taste.

And that's saying a lot.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I will still be watching this one..hard not too..

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Them being all whipping boy for Negan was tedious to watch. It got good again last season but then the last few episodes of it were lame. This new stretch started kind a lame but its gotten real decent again the past few.

Oh, Negan was really annoying at first but he's finally grown on me.

Bonafide charmer!

edit on 14-4-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
What I never got is why they act like they can’t leave the area and go somewhere else? Wtf? Find a boat and go to a island, stop being neighbors with the saviors! It’s just stupid! And how come
No one knows how to fly, I would be flying all around the place.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I dunno.. I'm still enjoying it. Mostly.

I go through phases with it, where ill take pretty extended breaks.

Years ago, I decided to consciously lower my standards for entertainment. I stopped caring about everything from plot holes to coherency in favor of one question: "is it entertaining?"

One of the best decisions I've ever made, though plenty still can't live up to the low expectation (new Blade Runner, The Last Jedi, etc.).

I think TWD has a large enough fanatic fanbase to remain relevant though. The story with Negan was one of my favorites in the comics, but might be my least favorite in the show (still probably beat by the prison).

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I was a fan from Day 1 and read the comics for a few years. I pretty much fell off after Carl died and haven't watch an episode since. The sad thing is I don't even have an urge to watch anymore.

I think they really drug Negan out a bit too long. I also didn't like the fanciful characters. I guess they worked in the comics, but on TV it is just too much. The garbage pail kids and the rasta king with pet tiger took the show from being realistic and grimey to just SciFi channel BS imho. Might as well be watching Z Nation at this point.

I'll probably binge watch the last season just so I can say I finished it. I am planning to finish Fear the Walking Dead too though which I never really watched past the first season.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

As long as it's on I'll keep watching it. I don't watch TV and TWD is one of the few shows I keep up with. Sure, some seasons are better than others but really that's up to the person of which is better. I do agree there are some plot holes, especially certain character disappearing, eg the PPP card/Heath and Carl biting the dust. Perhaps these actors needed time off to work on other projects, or in Carl's case wanting to go to college. I don't mind Carl dying because I've never enjoyed that actor to begin with. But you're not alone, a lot of fans feel this way and I'm sure the show runners/writers are well aware of all their criticism.

I'd say keep watching it because the next season could be great, or you can stop watching and if a season is great you can always just watch it whenever after hearing/reading about it on the net.

Dontcha wanna know who the hell was flying that helicopter or what those women were doing trading survival secrets for music records? NO SPOKEN WORD!
edit on 14-4-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

But Ezekiel and his tiger are in the comics.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Well, someone is flying a helicopter around but in the real world, any kind of aircraft requires A LOT of maintenance ON TOP of insane fuel requirements. In a post apocalyptic world, flying an aircraft would be impossible.

It's actually ridiculous they are even driving automobiles at this point since all the gas would have gone bad by now. I believe at this point in the comics they all use horseback to get around, no cars, trucks, vans, etc.
edit on 14-4-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

But Ezekiel and his tiger are in the comics.

I know but for some reason some of the comic stories don't translate to the TV as well.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I enjoy him and his CGI tiger. RIP CGI tiger.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

a reply to: bananashooter

Well, someone is flying a helicopter around but in the real world, any kind of aircraft requires A LOT of maintenance ON TOP of insane fuel requirements. In a post apocalyptic world, flying an aircraft would be impossible.

It's actually ridiculous they are even driving automobiles at this point since all the gas would have gone bad by now. I believe at this point in the comics they all use horseback to get around, no cars, trucks, vans, etc.

Exactly. No flying. Gas would have gone stale. They have shootouts like there is an endless supply of bullets. As a parent of an infant, no way Judith would have survived as a baby. Given how much noise infants make too, she'd attract zombies from all corners. One big issue with the show too is the timelines seem to get all screwy. They have this ability to travel tens of miles in a short time like they have fast travel waypoints in a video game.

The show runners got real sloppy with some of the details imho.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I enjoy him and his CGI tiger. RIP CGI tiger.

Damn man... we can't even agree on Walking Dead. LOL.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Yeah, the gas thing is an issue but I suppose the writers are keeping cars in as transport to help speed the story along. People already complain how drawn out some episodes, even seasons are, so could you imagine if they all had to walk everywhere they went? But sooner or later, they're gonna have to give up on cars. Maybe all the survivors have bottles of that gas stabilizer to keep it all so fresh!?

As far as baby Judith being loud and attacking walkers, they did cover that in past episodes. That one Tyreese episode comes to mind and the escape from the walker horde in Alexandria.

But as far as time lines, these past couple of episodes have been playing with timelines but not fast forwarding them, quite the opposite, slowing them down, extremely slowing them down. Do you watch GoT? Last season's timelines are exactly as you describe. It was absolutely ridiculous! Even their show runners admit it.

Most shows, if not all, get sloppy with details and continuity. DBZ comes to mind.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I'm sure there are plenty of things we agree on via the walking dead.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join