It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cashless society starting in Cornwall, UK...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Watch that cafe business fail miserably when the power goes out and no one can buy anything at all.

If the power goes out, how would they be able to make or store products to sell anyway? I'll take a wild guess that they already rely on electric kettles, ovens, and fridges.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
There are more 'characters' near the sea. In Falmouth one of these 'characters' put a frog in the grapes at a busy greengrocers. The shopkeeper seemed exasperated as if it was just one of a long line of incidents. I expect a cashless cafe is less likely to be visited by one of these types. They wouldn't want me in there, I've usually got mud and animal dung on the soles of my boots and I only do cash.

She says on her site that she'll go back to cash in May if it doesn't work. She's trying for a clean, quick paying smart crowd. Business.

www.emilystruro.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

If it works for more businesses then it will be the way of the future.
I think while cash exists there will always be businesses who take it though, I'm one. Even a black market, it's not like it's difficult to buy drugs (illegal & prescription), smuggled tobacco, cigarettes, and alcohol right now. As long as cash actually exists there will be a market for it.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

Watch that cafe business fail miserably when the power goes out and no one can buy anything at all.

If the power goes out, how would they be able to make or store products to sell anyway? I'll take a wild guess that they already rely on electric kettles, ovens, and fridges.

I didn't mean permanently, there was a few hours the other day none of the eftpos machines worked in town and people were flipping out. I was pointing out the cafe not taking cash was shooting itself in the foot.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

I didn't mean permanently, there was a few hours the other day none of the eftpos machines worked in town and people were flipping out. I was pointing out the cafe not taking cash was shooting itself in the foot.

Ahhh, I'm with you now. I'm used to ATS assuming some cataclysmic event will result in a post-apocalyptic world with no power, yet still with an overwhelming urge for a cream tea...

edit on Ev46SaturdaySaturdayAmerica/ChicagoSat, 14 Apr 2018 20:46:13 -05001152018b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Counting money is only boring when it is not yours

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Counting money is only boring when it is not yours

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I can imagine Monty Python's 'Springy Cash Skit'

You pickpocket!
No, this money was just floating about, in air!
Liar!
Not.

I suppose the bills just 'jumped' right out of my pocket!

Could be, look how 'springy' they are! (Boing,boing!)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Think about this. Put the cashless economy and smart meters together and think of the word control.

If you don't pay your speeding fine or your energy bill then they can do two things.

They can either cut your energy off, limit your energy to say ..... 2 hours in the morning and to 2 hours at night OR,
they can help themselves to your bank account or credit card and pay it for you and there is nothing you can do about it accept to take them to court to try and get it back.

If you chose to do this then it means you have to prove your case and they don't have to prove anything.

Either way there is zero you can do about it. - Now we can see why they want all homes to have smart controls on them and why they want the cashless economy.

Its all about CONTROL.

Now the NWO is starting to bite.

edit on 15-4-2018 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2018 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Go there as often as possible, buy the cheapest item and pay cash, or don't go there at all. the more that do either, the merrier. It sounds like posturing to me to cover up for idleness.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

This sounds like what they did in Singapore in the 80's and India present day.

They're sneaking in the NWO is what they;'re doing.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The government will always have cash in our society, otherwise, they couldn't sell their coc aine to us!!

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:24 AM
link   
My personal take on this push for the cashless society is that it is nothing more than another push by the banking cartels to gain further control over our personal money.

Many people, well those that have some money, usually keep a contingency / emergency fund in cash at home, you know, for when the scammers clone their card or the bank systems suffer a “glitch” and they can’t withdraw anything. That is a lot of money the banks don’t control, that isn’t sitting on their spreadsheets as an asset of that bank pushing up their worth and subsequently their share price.
Of course, there is also the surveillance factor to add, that every single transaction can then be tracked, scrutinised and recorded.

Taking things a step further though, if this push continues, would it not then become a business opportunity for someone to write a personal banking app that becomes a secure encrypted personal account that your wages etc, or any other personal transaction, pays into? That would surely be logical progression, but would also mean the banks would not control your personal money one bit. I can imagine now the frantic lobbying to quash any such technological notions! 😂

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1
The government will always have cash in our society, otherwise, they couldn't sell their coc aine to us!!

Good luck with that.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

Good point. Intelligence tools run the drug trade. Keeping them dirty keeps them obedient and useful for all manner of atrocities. This all runs on cash.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
My personal take on this push for the cashless society is that it is nothing more than another push by the banking cartels to gain further control over our personal money.

😂

That's all there is to it.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
They would already have turned it into a cashless society by now, if they had really wanted to.

Cash is in their control, already. People are not in control, yet, and that's what they really want.

A lot of people don't even use cash anymore, right now, without anyone forcing them to.

I think the ultimate goal is to be worshiped as Christ, Buddha, Allah, by the entire world. THAT is true control. The anti-christ.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
Many people, well those that have some money, usually keep a contingency / emergency fund in cash at home, you know, for when the scammers clone their card or the bank systems suffer a “glitch” and they can’t withdraw anything. That is a lot of money the banks don’t control, that isn’t sitting on their spreadsheets as an asset of that bank pushing up their worth and subsequently their share price.
Of course, there is also the surveillance factor to add, that every single transaction can then be tracked, scrutinised and recorded.

I suspect there is a more pragmatic element. To deal with physical cash, you need physical locations, with secure facilities and staff for those locations. Move everyone onto a card-only system and all you will need is an office with a computer and a customer service phone line, maybe with a few branches that are basically customer service desks.

You might even find (speculation only) that insurance might be cheaper for a cashless shop, because the lack of cash on site reduces risk of robbery.

It also increases the opportunity for impulse spending. If I'm not being self-limited by the fact that I only have a fiver in my pocket, I am more likely to buy that extra slice of cake or go for the super-large coffee with extra shots of vanilla and priceless Etruscan snood shavings. That can be attractive to businesses.

I think the push is more to do with convenience and saving money, combined with leveraging our (well, my) lack of control when it comes to small impulse purchases.

I must admit, I find contactless to be very convenient and I'm very happy to see it available as an option.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Cornish art gallery chain Whistlefish goes cashless

A chain of art galleries and card shops has banned the use of cash, meaning customers can only pay using debit or credit cards.
Cornish company Whistlefish says the decline in the number of high street banks means shops have to hold more cash, which is a risk to security.
The company believes the move will also be better for shoppers. E-commerce manager Aymer Wilson said: "It will speed up the time that the customer is at the till."
"Our galleries get extremely busy in the summer and as a customer you don't want to be sitting in a five or six person queue," he added.
"It leads to an increased security risk, not only from our gallery staff, from robberies, but from them arranging for our delivery drivers to transport the cash."

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

They can't do Buddha because it would be completely wrong. Buddhist religion is downright too peaceful. Everyone knows China was the original peaceful Buddhist religion next to Nepal. Any touch against Shaolin monks will just screw themselves over.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join