It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says Legal Pot is OK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Trump has broken with Attorney General Sessions' hardline stance on marijuana, agreeing to support efforts to protect states which have legalized weed.

In a phone call late Wednesday, Trump told Gardner that despite the DOJ memo, the marijuana industry in Colorado will not be targeted, the senator said in a statement Friday. Satisfied, the first-term senator is now backing down from his nominee blockade.

source
edit on 4/13/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What a Nazi!!

How will we keep the brown people in jail now??

Thanks Obama

+23 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

This would be in-line with his comments on the issue during the campaign.

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Which time?

But, Trump also called Colorado's legal marijuana industry a "real problem," in the same interview with O'Reilly, a departure from his position in 1990, when he told The Miami Herald that the US needs to "legalize drugs to win" the war on drugs.

www.businessinsider.com...

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

More insane blatherings from Cheeto Jesus! GOD! WHY ISN'T THIS MAN IMPEACHED!!!!

Wait, what? He says it's cool?

edit on 13-4-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Well, Mitch McConnell an advocate for legalization of industrial hemp and now this!

Did Trump at least tweet this info to Jeff Sessions???

Maybe another staffer will resign soon!

THIS is why I voted for the man!! Wait, uh..., am I being punked?? Maybe Trump really is a time traveler from the future!

I feel a little light headed. I think I better go sit on my couch, order a pizza, and watch Sponge Bob for a while!

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Colorado Sen. Cory Gardner says he struck a deal with President Donald J. Trump that would protect states’ marijuana laws from federal interference.

As part of the deal, the Republican senator agreed to lift his blockade on U.S. Department of Justice nominees — a hold put in place following U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ rescission of Obama-era guidance on marijuana.

www.thecannabist.co...

So Trump told Gardner on the phone he wouldn't go after Colorados legal weed industry if he lifted the blockade of DOJ nominees. I think Trump would say anything on the phone to get what he wants. But I realize I'm in the minority there.

If true, good for Colorado. But I'd also ask what it means for everywhere else that isn't Colorado.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The promise goes beyond Colorado.

He added: “Furthermore, President Trump has assured me that he will support a federalism-based legislative solution to fix this states’ rights issue once and for all. Because of these commitments, I have informed the Administration that I will be lifting my remaining holds on Department of Justice nominees.”
source

Don't hold your breath.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This is great, imo. It's helped the economy massively in my state and hasn't caused all the mythical harm people like sessions keep trying to push.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

More insane blatherings from Cheeto Jesus! GOD! WHY ISN'T THIS MAN IMPEACHED!!!!

Wait, what? He says it's cool?

he just flips to wherever the opportune light at the tunnel may be...

im sure the talking heads on fox will find excuses to make this move a good move when his stance on pot was a 180...

kinda like the tpp he tried to weasel back in when his decision to pull out is now not looking so good now...
edit on 13-4-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
i always loved the donald

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

www.seattletimes.com...

President-elect Donald Trump has said, “I really believe you should leave it to the states. I think it should be a state issue.”

Trump's comment on Colorado is actually a real example of context being lost without knowledge of what the actual question was.
www.foxnews.com...

O'REILLY: All right. Ok. That's what makes our program great. We have a lively debate. You know that. All right.

In Colorado, they legalized pot, ok. $1 billion industry, a billion-dollar a year industry in Colorado. And all of the dealers, all the pushers are going to Colorado, loading up on the free pot because it's legal, not free -- legal and then zooming around the country selling it. Does that concern you?

TRUMP: That's a real problem.

O'REILLY: What would you do?

TRUMP: That's a real problem.

O'REILLY: What would you do?

TRUMP: There is another problem. In Colorado, the book isn't written on it yet, but there is a lot of difficulty in terms of illness and what's going on with the brain and the mind and what it's doing. So, you know, it's coming out probably over the next year or so. It's going to come out.

O'REILLY: What would do you to stop it? What would you do?

TRUMP: I would really want to think about that one, Bill. Because in some ways I think it's good and in other ways it's bad. I do want to see what the medical effects are. I have to see what the medical effects are and, by the way -- medical marijuana, medical? I'm in favor of it a hundred percent. But what you are talking about, perhaps not. It's causing a lot of problems out there.

O'REILLY: But you know the medical marijuana thing is a ruse that I have a headache and I need, you know, two pounds of marijuana.

TRUMP: But I know people that have serious problems and they did that they really -- it really does help them.

O'Reilly asked him about weed sold in Colorado "zooming around the country" and being sold in neighboring states where it is still illegal on the state level. That is absolutely a problem and it would seem to me that saying it is a problem is 100% in lockstep with Trump's statement of MJ legalization being a state decision. Realize that by leaving it up to each state, that's leaving it to them to keep it illegal if they so choose. As we're talking about an interstate situation, in which people are leaving one state to enter a neighboring state for the purpose of committing a crime, it is also a federal issue. He's looking at resolving the interstate travel of weed from a legal state to an illegal state, which is absolutely not making any sort of judgement call on whether he thinks it should be legal or not. He's right, for what it's worth, it is a big problem that even federally decriminalizing it won't automatically make it legal in states like Utah and Oklahoma... it would take a SCOUT ruling on whether Americans have a Constitutional right to use weed to make that change, but in the meantime it falls on the federal government to directly deal with people crossing state lines to commit crimes.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yeah, all while CNN and Co will spin this as a bad thing. Just like if Trump forced big pharmacy to spill the beans on the Cancer cure, they'd find a way to make cancer look like a good thing.

Blah blah blah. Same old bs every day.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Trump says a lot of things ...

some small portion of what he says might even be consistent and logical... though I strain to recall an example.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
im sure the talking heads on fox will find excuses to make this move a good move when his stance on pot was a 180...

Hey, then you'll not have any difficulty showing me where he said he supported it being federally illegal and the feds enforcing laws within states that have legalized.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

This would be in-line with his comments on the issue during the campaign.

This would be in-line with Trump seeing a product that can make the US government a crazy amount of cash with each and every benefit this plant can manifest.

Calling Krazysh0t to the podium.....what say you about the spastic and his weed stance? LOL - don't worry, I know you'll be secretly stoked about his stance.

See - the Trumpet knows how to gather his audience.

edit on 13/4/2018 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

This would be in-line with Trump seeing a product that can make the US government a crazy amount of cash with each and every benefit this plant can manifest.

Do you think he's going to push for federal legalization? Because that's not what this is about.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: underwerks

The promise goes beyond Colorado.

He added: “Furthermore, President Trump has assured me that he will support a federalism-based legislative solution to fix this states’ rights issue once and for all. Because of these commitments, I have informed the Administration that I will be lifting my remaining holds on Department of Justice nominees.”
source

Don't hold your breath.

Exactly.

I can't start doing the happy dance because Donald Trump told someone something on the phone to get his way. Maybe I'm just cynical though.

I hope the cannabis issue gets fixed federally, whether by Trump or whoever I couldn't care less. I don't put too much stock in Trumps words though. We'll see how it plays out.

I'll make a deal. If Trump fixes the cannabis issue federally I'll write an OP thanking him and change my avatar to a picture of Trump for a week.

(I feel dirty just typing that. And not in a good way.)
edit on 13-4-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well words are cheap, let’s see if he follows thru

But good news for social libertarians like myself, opponents of the disastrous war on drugs, and proponents of states rights and the constitution

What will Jeff sessions do now? I guess he will have to spend his time personally chasing stars need off of street corners
edit on 13-4-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Not allowing the feds to target states like Colorado is a good start. (It would be a disaster for the feds anyway)

It's a step in the right direction.

If all states that voted for legalization weren't targeted then yeah. It basically would mean federal legalization, at least in states that voted for it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join