It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bikes, they are not cheep transport

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I was just looking at a Ducati, bugga if I can afford one
It's not there initial cost or the few and rare injuries you get when you drop one
I have a Kwaka 650 that's capable of 180 kmh, not to tardy and I don't get up there to often, it's the bloody speeding fines, over a $1000.00 in the last year alone, the previous year I got $500.00 in just in one fine for speeding
It's not like I am a rev head but, $100, For doing 7kmh over the limit, x a few times and it is killa
Look for a piece of open road and get in front of the traffic and flash, camera has got you
New cameras and they take a front on photo, 7 kmh, not even something you notice even on a bike
Is it just me or are others thinking of giving up the two wheels to save coin in speeding fines

Just ranting, guess it's time to let go

Any other options

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Birds are

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Stop speeding? I haven't had a ticket in 16 years.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Is it just me or are others thinking of giving up the two wheels to save coin in speeding fines

It's just you. Two wheels has nothing to do with it. You're just telling us about your lack of self-control. At this point, you really shouldn't have a license. You are a danger to yourself and others.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Yeah I kinda get that, that's the point of my rant
Time to get rid of the bike because I can't control my wrist
Wondering if I was the only one

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I have a Kwaka 650 that's capable of 180 kmh, not to tardy and I don't get up there to often, it's the bloody speeding fines, over a $1000.00 in the last year alone, the previous year I got $500.00 in just in one fine for speeding
It's not like I am a rev head but, $100, For doing 7kmh over the limit, x a few times and it is killa
Look for a piece of open road and get in front of the traffic and flash, camera has got you
New cameras and they take a front on photo, 7 kmh, not even something you notice even on a bike

Just ranting, guess it's time to let go

Any other options

Yes it is a rant that sounds a lot like intitlement.

You sound proud of breaking the law. If you want to 'open up' your bike there are places that you can do so legally, generally they will cost you a bit of green. So the ethical choice would have to be who do you want to give your money to - the local governments or to a private business (I suppose there could be public tracks).

As somebody on TV said - "If you can't do the time (or pay the fine), don't do the crime."

Traffic laws are in place to protect people, both you and the people around you.

While I don't know if it is true for bikes, in Germany, on the autobahn, you can drive as fast as you want.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Maybe you need to mature a little. I ride and I have zero desire to speed. I just enjoy how it makes you feel more connected to the road and surroundings. Being in a car isolates you.

Yes, I rarely get my bike above 90mph. My favorite rides are isolated wide open roads out in the country with speeds 45-60mph and beautiful scenery.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Let me guess...you have a "Watch out for motorcycles" sticker on your other car...

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I wasn't speeding. 35mph
Here's a great reason to stop riding🙄👍

Tibial plateau fracture... 2 plates, 6 screws and 2 big scars. Guy just pulled out in front of me from a side street.
Torn ligaments and meniscus.
Not a scratch on my helmet.

edit on 13-4-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It's the speeding that gets you the ticket, not the bike. I had a 305 honda superhawk back in the seventies, it was a 67 model. It started to get floaty valves at just over a hundred so I kept it at one hundred MPH when not in town. I was lucky not to get a ticket. It was me, not the bike. I suppose I could have set the valves to float at sixty five.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Ummm...no...not thinking of giving up riding...or speeding...

I'm going to be customizing a 1980 CB 900 custom 10 gear...I'm thinking maybe some overlapping copper scales on the tank and copper plating the chrome work...I'll build electrolysis tanks for that...I'm also going to be adding a side car to it... I want the copper to weather with that green corrosion look...not a rocket or sport bike...but a fun ride...

Bikes in beautiful shape with only 4000 miles on it...

When I want to go fast I jump on the ZX12R unlimited...

I'll make a record of the build and share it...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Here's a great reason to stop riding🙄👍

Tibial plateau fracture... 2 plates, 6 screws and 2 big scars. Guy just pulled out in front of me from a side street.

Back in the seventies I gave up riding because so many people didn't pay attention. It is a good thing my bike had good brakes on it. I know a few people who were not as lucky as I was.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Or just cruise.
Been riding for 20 years.
No tickets

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It's way worse now that we have cellphones. I was meant more for 4 wheels and as few speeding tickets possible.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Can’t keep a speeding ticket off of a moderately slow 650...wants to buy a Ducati.

God forbid you move up to a super sport within 85 mph first gear.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Let me guess...you have a "Watch out for motorcycles" sticker on your other car...

No, I watch out for cars, it's my responsibility when I am on the roads
Guess I am the only person alive who speeds

I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, never drink and drive, mostly follow the law, occasionally speed on my bike
Figuring it's time to sell it because I am not responsible enough and the fines are mounting

I assumed there would be a few sjw around, not so many as have commented but there might be a few bikers who had the same issues as me

Anyway, moan away, great to see so many people who are so conservative, wish I was like you, maybe not

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

No, I watch out for cars, it's my responsibility when I am on the roads
Guess I am the only person alive who speeds

I wish there were more riders like you. I'm all for what I term defensively-offensive driving (when you have fun on the roads when you can, but don't when it's unsafe)...sometimes you never know when Johnny Law is behind you, like when I got a ticket heading to the airport--80 in a 70. What a silly ticket, and he almost made me miss my plane (well, I did by speeding, I suppose, but you know...).

I assumed there would be a few sjw around, not so many as have commented but there might be a few bikers who had the same issues as me

Are you calling me a SJW?

Anyway, moan away, great to see so many people who are so conservative, wish I was like you, maybe not

I wasn't moaning--actually, it was a light-hearted comment. Sheesh. There seem to be a few grumps around here today.

Why are you so surprised that people would tell you not to speed in order to reduce your cost in tickets? Seems like a logical approach, but so does contemplating selling the bike if you acknowledge that you don't have the control.

That's exactly why I have never owned a motorcycle--I did used to go joyriding on my dad's from time-to-time as a teenager, though.
edit on 13-4-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I love my bike, sadly I can't control my speed at times, it's not intentional (sometimes), sometimes I will speed to get in front of traffic so it's safer, cameras don't care
It's time to give it up, because...I speed, 30 years on a bike, no serious injuries, no serious accidents, just that the world has changed
Guess it's time to let go
Just wondering if others have the same issue with fines and speeding cameras and their lack of control
I am not justifying my speeding, just recognise it's time I got rid of the temptation

KLR Hasqi dirt bike? Instead, maybe a 250?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Well, I mean, there's always a Vespa

Image just felt appropriate.

ETA: And for what it's worth, you're not alone--I see many, many people speeding on motorcycles, seemingly with the same wrist affliction as you. I'm actually friends many bikers, just don't ride one.

edit on 13-4-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Your post is so grammatically incorrect I can barely understand it. Put in some effort.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join