It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pompeo confirms 'a couple hundred' Russians killed in Syria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

He was clear.......they were Russians and they weren’t troops

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

What the hell are you talking about? Pompeo has the needed background and experience.

Education, and early career

Pompeo was born in Orange, California, the son of Dorothy (née Mercer) and Wayne Pompeo.[7][8] His father was of Italian ancestry. His paternal grandmother was born in Caramanico Terme.[9] In 1982, Pompeo graduated from Los Amigos High School in Fountain Valley, California, where he played power forward on the basketball team.[10] In 1986, Pompeo graduated first in his class from the United States Military Academy at West Point where he majored in Mechanical Engineering.

From 1986 to 1991, Pompeo served in the U.S. Army as an Armor Branch Cavalry Officer, reaching the rank of Captain.[2] He served as a United States Cavalry officer patrolling the Iron Curtain before the fall of the Berlin Wall.[11] He also served with the 2nd Squadron, 7th Cavalry in the 4th Infantry Division in the Gulf War. [12]

In 1994, Pompeo received a Juris Doctor from Harvard Law School, where he served as one of 78 editors of the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy,[13][14] and on the 81-member Board of Editors[15] of the Harvard Law Review.[2] After graduating, he worked as a lawyer for Williams & Connolly.[16]

Elections

Main article: United States House of Representatives elections in Kansas, 2010 § District 4

In the 2010 Kansas Republican primary for the 4th District Congressional seat, Pompeo defeated State Senator Jean Schodorf (who received 24%), Wichita businessman Wink Hartman (who received 23%), and small business owner Jim Anderson (who received 13%). State Senator Dick Kelsey also ran for the nomination, but ended his campaign before the August primary and endorsed Pompeo.[24][25] Late in the primary, Schodorf began to surge in the polls, prompting two outside groups—Americans for Prosperity and Common Sense Issues, an Ohio-based political group—to spend tens of thousands of dollars in the final campaign days to attack Schodorf and support Pompeo.[26]

In the general election, Pompeo defeated Democratic nominee Raj Goyle, a member of the Kansas House of Representatives. Pompeo received 59% of the vote (117,171 votes), to 36% for Goyle (71,866).[27] During the campaign, Pompeo sparked controversy when his campaign's Twitter account shared, then later deleted, a blog post calling his Indian-American opponent a "turban topper" and then-President Barack Obama an "evil Muslim communist."[28]

During the campaign, Pompeo received $80,000 in donations from Koch Industries and its employees.[29]

See also: United States House of Representatives elections in Kansas, 2012 § District 4

In his 2012 re-election bid, Pompeo defeated Democratic nominee Robert Tillman by a margin of 62%–32%.[30] In his election Pompeo's campaign was supported by Koch Industries with $110,000.[31]
US congressional delegation at Halifax International Security Forum 2014

See also: United States House of Representatives elections in Kansas, 2014 § District 4

Pompeo won the general election, defeating Democrat Perry Schuckman with 66.7% of the vote.[32]

See also: United States House of Representatives elections in Kansas, 2016 § District 4

Pompeo beat Democrat Daniel B. Giroux in the general election with 60.6% of the vote.[33]
Committee assignments

Pompeo served on the United States House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and United States House Committee on Energy and Commerce, and the following three subcommittees: the United States House Energy Subcommittee on Digital Commerce and Consumer Protection, the United States House Energy Subcommittee on Energy, and the United States House Intelligence Subcommittee on the CIA. He was also on the United States House Select Committee on Benghazi.[34]

edit on 13-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

What the hell are you talking about?

I never claimed his background was lacking or that he was not experienced.

I said he is not polished for the office yet according to many of his various answers yesterday and the fact he outright stated that the president has the right without congressional approval to bomb anyone he chooses.

Added to his own words that he was working on the floor of a machine shop when he got the call to come serve in his new office.

Again those are facts and i do have much hope that he can get things together. Just as i stated.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

He was clear.......they were Russians and they weren’t troops

Why are you jacking with me about his words?

You just want to argue. Go find a fence post.

The man needs sometime to adjust to the new job.

That has been my point all along and this side bickering makes ats look petty.

Again i hold out hope that he reads the constitution and adheres to it regardless of what has been done in the past.

btw mercenaries are also troops and they can even be Russian so the whole argument is just a waste of time.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

You're whole post was about his words and how he "worded it"

Pointing out you're wrong is the point

Judging by your post history the only one here who just likes to argue is you......

You're also wrong about his qualifications

Seriously dude, lol take a look in the mirror before accusing anyone of anything

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Mercenaries are not considered troops.....

Again wrong..... If guys from Blackwater are killed they aren't considered part of our troop loss..... I should know I did almost half a dozen combat tours

Where the hell do you get your facts? Just make em up?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join