It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Seperatists Launch 38 Attacks against Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Well, we have all eyes glued to the chess game in Syria and what did we miss?

Russia's hybrid military forces attacked Ukrainian army positions in Donbas 38 times in the past 24 hours. "In the Donetsk sector, the aggressor used proscribed 120mm and 82mm mortars, as well as grenade launchers of various systems to attack Ukrainian fortified positions near the village of Pisky and Butivka coal mine. The enemy resorted to 82mm mortars near the village of Novotroyitske, while positions near the village of Kamianka were attacked by a tank," the press center of the headquarters of Ukraine's military operations reported on Facebook Thursday morning. Read more on UNIAN: www.unian.info...

I always attempt to verify with at least 2 "independent" sources.

Ukrainian army reports no battlefield casualties amidst 38 militants’ attacks in past day, - ATO HQ. "At Donetsk section of the forefront, the invaders bombarded the Ukrainian troops’ defenses near Pisky village and Butivka mine with 120-mm mortars banned by the Minsk agreements, 82-mm mortars and grenade launchers of various systems. The enemy shelled suburbs of Novotroitske with 82-mm mortars and committed strikes with tank armament on the outskirts of Kamianka. The militants also bombarded the defenders of Avdiivka, Talakivka, Marinka, Vodiane and Pyshchevyk with grenade launchers; employed large-caliber machine guns against defenders of Kamianka, Hnutove, Opytne, Vodiane, Pisky, Novotroitske and Pavlopil; fired upon the ATO forces positions in the vicinity of Hnutove, Pisky, Nevelske and Pyshchevyk with the armament of infantry fighting vehicles. Source: en.censor.net.ua...

Interesting times indeed.

One analyst I follow believes the missile strike on Syria will happen after markets close on Friday; Syria will counter attack with submarine attack on US Navy, which will doubtless fail and while Trump is strutting in triumph, Russia will invade Ukraine.

He believes that Putin will respond to Ukraine's seizure of a Russian Ship by invading Ukraine on the pretext of liberating the sailors held in Ukraine.
maritimebulletin.net...

General cargo ship SEABREEZE on arrival at Ukrainian port of Yuzhny on Apr 4 was arrested by Ukrainian Authorities as a sister ship in the maritime lien against the offending ship, dredger PECHORA, owned and operated by the same owner, Trans-Service Maritime Agency, Moscow. General cargo ship SEABREEZE didn’t violate any regulations, arising from internationally imposed sanctions, she wasn’t spotted in calling Crimean ports after Crimea was annexed by Russia in 2014.

Interesting isn't it, that the US MSM has apparently entirely missed this. None of my searches turned up any reports, but my search capability is somewhat limited.

We may be closer to WWIII than many, if not most of us, ever realized.
Carpe Diem ATS

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Could everyone please take two steps back and think about what we are doing... I have kids, and they have no part in all this.. but they will, if ww3 is on

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Could everyone please take two steps back and think about what we are doing... I have kids, and they have no part in all this.. but they will, if ww3 is on

Yeah that's how my sons father and I feel right now as well. It's almost ironic to me that my son taught himself the Russian Alphabet and basic words at age 2 (now 3) and loves the language.....(no one in either of our families speaks it, YouTube is a weird world man) and we might die at the hands of those born speaking it. Should I chuckle at the irony one last time or is it too morbid? Also I understand that's just worst case scenario but seriously can't everyone just chill....

-Alee

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Good news is I doubt you’ll die, the don’t want to kill the American people if they don’t have to....

Bad news is you might have to learn it.....because they will want to divide it with China

Maybe brush up on your mandarin

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Most people can chill.

Just not the ones who reap huge benefits in power and control and wealth from killing en masse.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

And I got a life as well. We need to get out of syria. let them kill each other off because its not our concern. As for Ukraine,let the russians have it as well. its not worth fighting over.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess

Yeah that's how my sons father and I feel right now as well. It's almost ironic to me that my son taught himself the Russian Alphabet and basic words at age 2 (now 3) and loves the language.....(no one in either of our families speaks it, YouTube is a weird world man) and we might die at the hands of those born speaking it. Should I chuckle at the irony one last time or is it too morbid? Also I understand that's just worst case scenario but seriously can't everyone just chill....

-Alee

I live within 50 miles of a air force base in sumter SC. If we get nuked im literally ash in minutes. SIgh. and i still havent finished fallout 4. Good news is im still a virgin!

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Russian collusion at it's best!

Py

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Actually, in an all out thermonuclear war wherein every thing is shot off, you'll probably be better off rendered ash. The long term die off will be extreme and there's literally no-where in the US that wouldn't suffer enormous radiation die off.

There's a neat analysis with maps and data at: www.psr.org...

It had always been my idea when I was living in a major metro area that I would head to the nearest downtown bar for a final "ground zero" party. I mean, you're vaporized, you would never feel a thing.

This is a neat resource; they calculate 60% of the US population would be killed off.

www.nuclearwarmap.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

And I got a life as well. We need to get out of syria. let them kill each other off because its not our concern. As for Ukraine,let the russians have it as well. its not worth fighting over.

I'm sure many Ukrainians would disagree with you.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Actually, in an all out thermonuclear war wherein every thing is shot off, you'll probably be better off rendered ash. The long term die off will be extreme and there's literally no-where in the US that wouldn't suffer enormous radiation die off.

It had always been my idea when I was living in a major metro area that I would head to the nearest downtown bar for a final "ground zero" party. I mean, you're vaporized, you would never feel a thing.

This is a neat resource; they calculate 60% of the US population would be killed off.

www.nuclearwarmap.com...

Ummm...holy crap...I just looked at that nuclear war map and...all the leftists would die...which is strange due to their new found love for world war III...

Bring it...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

Let'm disagree or better yet, work the compromise. Eastern and Southeastern to Southwestern Ukraine is predominantly Russian. North and Northwestern Ukraine is predominantly Ukranian. See excellent map at:
www.washingtonpost.com...

The real truth is a fiction; that fiction is that Ukraine is a country. Its a manufactured country. North and Northwest Ukraine is populated mostly by Polish people and was for many years under Polish rule while the rest of the country was Russian.

So the compromise would be to cede the Russian portion back to Russia.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I think at 50 miles distance you will be outside the blast zone and shockwave of most nuclear devices, and if you are upwind, you may get nothing more than a 'light show' ... but if you are downwind, it would be best to get underground to avoid the coming fallout....

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
now the gas attack makes more sense, Russia probably ordered it to create a distraction so they can finish off the reacquisition of the Ukraine they started with Crimea.

maybe i'm wrong but i still stand by my past assertion that Russia is trying to reclaim it's empire and the first step to that is the Ukraine because a large part of the power of the empire and the soviet union came from the population size and industrial capabilities in the region.

people think the soviet union fell but it never really did, it just changed form after a year and called itself the commonwealth of independent states and while its power over member states are weak it still has power over most former soviet states and Russia is the one holding most of the power, the Ukraine is an associate state but i don't think Putin and company believe that's enough, i honestly think Russia intends to use force to make the Ukraine join as a full member and Georgia too.

Russia is already well positioned from the first war with Georgia to be able to quickly storm most of the country without worrying about mountainous terrain slowing any advance, i'm quite sure they will invade Georgia again too and pretty soon(a year maybe 3 years at most) judging by this potential situation.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

www.nuclearwarmap.com...

Ummm...holy crap...I just looked at that nuclear war map and...all the leftists would die...which is strange due to their new found love for world war III...

Bring it...

YouSir

Rich irony that isn't it, especially as you point out, its been the Leftists pushing this "russia=evil" theme for last few years. (which frankly I've never understood).

But here's the deal. In ruminating over all out nuclear war the other day, some interesting questions came to my mind.

1) What does the "winner" get?
2) In terms of outcome, what's the difference between the "winner" and the "loser"?

In thinking through that, I realized a singular oddity.
In a full blown all out nuclear war............the US ALWAYS loses, and.................Russia ALWAYS wins, winning being a rather odd term in this context.

Wonder why that is?
Compare the Land Mass of Russia to the Land Mass of the US! And Russia has twice the number of nukes.

US-Eliminated
Europe/UK-Eliminated
Russia-partially eliminated
China WINS!

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Nothing like that is gonna happen, RUSSIANS ARE PUSSIES ... they'll make a deal, and sell out Assad, Putin or their own mama ...

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
As for Ukraine,let the russians have it as well. its not worth fighting over.

Appeasement never got anyone anywhere.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I follow livemap and Ukraine info almost daily These numbers fluctuate daily from lower to higher No actual casualties with those 38 attacks yesterday..

liveuamap.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

a reply to: nightbringr

Let'm disagree or better yet, work the compromise. Eastern and Southeastern to Southwestern Ukraine is predominantly Russian. North and Northwestern Ukraine is predominantly Ukranian. See excellent map at:
www.washingtonpost.com...

The real truth is a fiction; that fiction is that Ukraine is a country. Its a manufactured country. North and Northwest Ukraine is populated mostly by Polish people and was for many years under Polish rule while the rest of the country was Russian.

So the compromise would be to cede the Russian portion back to Russia.

Which is more or less what has happened? Russia annexed Crimea.

And honestly, there are countries all over the world you could call 'manufactured '. Simply look at the world map before WW1 then after, then once again after WW2. You are saying these countries have less rights then others? Deserve less respect or protection on the world stage? Not sure what it is you are trying to say here.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad

I think at 50 miles distance you will be outside the blast zone and shockwave of most nuclear devices, and if you are upwind, you may get nothing more than a 'light show' ... but if you are downwind, it would be best to get underground to avoid the coming fallout....

Yep. But depending how large a warhead(s) is used, he could perhaps expect to be lit on fire and burn a slow, agonizing death.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Ps. I'm sure that's not the case, smaller MIRV warheads would undoubtedly be used, but the chance of one going significantly off target is always a possibility. The heavy megaton bombs are almost exclusively now used on hardened targets like solos exclusively.
edit on 12-4-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join