It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Being Lead By Poland To Enforce Religious Laws?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Thread title is actually not crazy (enforcing religious laws is). As prophesied, they would seek to enforce Sunday Laws in any way that they see possible. They are pushing it really heavily with the disasters, climate change/global warming. But for those who don't believe in climate change, they are trying to get it through every avenue they can, so that they can have the people begging for Sunday Laws. Also good to note, North Dakota voted down repealing their blue laws, and is actually used as an example in this article as a good example for the rest of the states. Sunday Laws, the mark of the beast, are coming!

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Correction America bring lead by Catholics who want to force people to follow their beliefs into not working on Sunday even if not religious.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Sunday is the first day of the week, Saturday is the seventh. It is even on every calender in this country that way and most all work places pay that way. I thought we were supposed to rest on the seventh day, the reason for Sunday off is so people can get over their hangovers.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel

Who are these "they" that you keep referring to?

The bible DOES NOT tell the future.

Poland is not deciding anything that happens in the US.

Every country in the world is using the "fake news" term because the world likes to follow what americans do. We are the trend setters of earth. The cool kids, and it's no surprise that people want to act and talk like us.

And guess what a county near me follows a lot of the sunday laws like not selling certain items on sundays. And it has been doing this for at least my entire life, 30 plus years. Has nothing to do with poland or the catholic church.

Further more I as an atheist would not care one bit if sunday became the official rest day of the united states. Any day set aside specifically for humans to take a brake from work and drama would be a good thing.

Saturday is not special.
The bible is not special.

Delusion is the true evil of man kind.

edit on 11-4-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
The cool kids, and it's no surprise that people want to act and talk like us.

Seventh-day Adventist Church - Wikipedia

The Seventh-day Adventist Church is ... distinguished by its observance of Saturday,...as the Sabbath,...
The denomination grew out of the Millerite movement in the United States during the mid-19th century and was formally established in 1863.[5] Among its founders was Ellen G. White, whose extensive writings are still held in high regard by the church.

Young Earth creationism - Wikipedia

The rise of fundamentalist Christianity at the start of the 20th century saw a renewed interest in proposals that the Earth was thousands of years old... In 1923, George McCready Price, a Seventh-day Adventist, wrote The New Geology, a book partly inspired by the book Patriarchs and Prophets in which Seventh-day Adventist prophet Ellen G. White ...

King James Only movement - Wikipedia

History

Benjamin G. Wilkinson (1872–1968), a Seventh-day Adventist missionary, ...
Gail Riplinger...
Jack Chick...

All Americans.

n the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein people of low ability suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their cognitive ability as greater than it is.

Source: wikipedia (demonstration: 'Reason Rally' where you will actually find people who like to paint that term on others who are making a whole lot more sense, see further details below)

Psychology: Dawkins&Krauss selling the philosophy and contradiction that nothing is something

Ok, Dawkins is British, but his flock of fans are predominantly American. And he likes to preach at such events such as the so-called "Reason Rally". In response to something that came up in the 'Reason Rally' video, you don't actually have to recite the pledge of allegiance anymore because of these people paving the way (and taking all the flak for it; without any support from the types that go to the so-called "Reason Rally" to complain about one little insignificant phrase to draw some attention for themselves.):

First Amendment Champions

Pardon the somewhat racist title below, not my choice:

edit on 12-4-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Sunday is the first day of the week, Saturday is the seventh. It is even on every calender in this country that way and most all work places pay that way. ..

*raises finger*
The seventh day is Sunday. The week obviously starts with Monday. Every calender in this country says this.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Perhaps you need to re-read the bible then. Take special note when you get to The Book of Revelation.

P

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

More to the point, the Bible does not prophesy enforcement of Sunday laws.
That is where the OP goes wrong, even in religious terms.
This idea is the scare-tactic adopted by seventh-day Adventists, their way of making themselves special over against other Christians.

Of course it is politically implausible. It could not be derived directly from climate change anxieties.
If climate change anxiety is going to drive any religious movement, it will probably be worship of a personified Gaia. Watch out for that one.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

...the people begging for Sunday Laws.
Sunday Laws, the mark of the beast, are coming!

Energy Crisis (1970s) - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com
...One of these Arab-Israeli wars, the Yom Kippur War, began in early October 1973, when Egypt and Syria attacked Israel on the Jewish holy day of Yom Kippur. After the Soviet Union began sending arms to Egypt and Syria, U.S. President Richard Nixon began an effort to resupply Israel.

In response, members of the Organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries (OAPEC) reduced their petroleum production and proclaimed an embargo on oil shipments to the United States and the Netherlands, the main supporters of Israel.
In the three frenzied months after the embargo was announced, the price of oil shot from $3 per barrel to $12. After decades of abundant supply and growing consumption, Americans now faced price hikes and fuel shortages, causing lines to form at gasoline stations around the country. Local, state and national leaders called for measures to conserve energy, asking gas stations to close on Sundays

One Sunday morning early in 1974 I received the mark of the Beast. I didn't buy gasoline because the gas station was closed. It's death for me I'm afraid.

I suppose I should have siphoned gas from someone else's car that day. Gas theft was high back then, before locking gas caps.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

"In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein people of low ability suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their cognitive ability as greater than it is."

Source: wikipedia (demonstration: 'Reason Rally' where you will actually find people who like to paint that term on others who are making a whole lot more sense, see further details below)

Psychology: Dawkins&Krauss selling the philosophy and contradiction that nothing is something

Ok, Dawkins is British, but his flock of fans are predominantly American. And he likes to preach at such events such as the so-called "Reason Rally".

Perhaps this guy explains it better:

Not to get the wrong idea or read things into my words that I didn't actually say, and to finish on a positive (musical) note:

edit on 12-4-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Delusions of grandeur .

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

My large city smack dab in the middle of the bible belt just voted to remove a ton of blue laws.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

And Blue voting Bergen County, New Jersey still has them. No shopping on Sundays.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Actually there are two religions vying for your faith, American Catholicism = Roman Catholic for all Catholics follow The Pope in Rome, and Islam is the other. Both have the same agenda 1) both want world domination, 2) both do not want to see Jerusalem be he capital of Israel under the control of Jews, 3) both have been killing Jews by the millions since 325 and 600 AD respectively. Hitler was a devote Roman Catholic as was his offices Himmler and the rest. 4) both have worked against the Jews ever returning to the Promised Land that God called Holy Ground, a Holy place for his Holy people, with a Holy Sanctuary, and a Holy tabernacle, in short Holy Real Estate.

Great Britain lost her power in 1922 and has since been a sixth rate country because when Churchill had a chance to restore Israel to her land under the Balfour Declaration he reneged and for his refusal his nation as well as all other who would not support the Jews bu sought to destroy Israel they suffered greatly in another world war, and since its found int he 1950 at least 88 more wars have been fought mainly over Israel and the Middle East (Near East).

A great book to read of accurate historical data of the aforementioned information is "Israel, A Deadly Piece of Dirt" 2001.

You see these two mainstream religions are not religions in and of themselves they are Religious STATES. Known as the Vatican State and Islamic State. You see their wars are not about conversions to their religions, as they are about a certain piece of Real Estate in the Middle East and who will control it. These two religions work together until one of them will kill off the other in the end.

Poland itself was Anti-Semitic, but just so you don't misunderstand and claim all Arabs, Iraqis, Iranians, Jordanians, Syrians, and Lebanese are all Semitic (which they aren't), we are using the term to mean Anti-Israel, Anti-Jew or Anti-Zionist. Poland killed off millions of Jews and so did Spain, Morocco, Russia, Yugoslavia, France, Germany, Holland long before WWII.

So the article and it's promotion of Roman Catholicism is no news to me as it is old news and has been on going since the 1000AD.

edit on 12-4-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

By pure linguistics, Saturday is the seventh day, Monday is the second day of the week. Yes, I know Saturday doesn't specify "Sabbath" like the romance languages do, but it lines up with Sabado, Sabato, etc.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

My large city smack dab in the middle of the bible belt just voted to remove a ton of blue laws.

Good, keep them out!

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Clarificatin near the end I meant to say since it founding in 1950 at least 88 more wars have been fought mainly over Israel and the Middle East (Near East).

top topics

join