It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG, Facebook violated my privacy!!! WAAAAAH.....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Folks, I've had it.

Do you own Facebook? Do you voluntarily give your information to Facebook? Do you genuinely believe that your personal information is actually safe anywhere on the Internet?

Sorry kids.... you're living in a fantasy world.

I am just REALLY sick of hearing about this. Don't like it? Limit what personal information you voluntarily make available
online. Don't like it? Well, which do you like better..... a super cool "social media tool", or your privacy?

Idiots.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

Folks, I've had it.

Do you own Facebook? Do you voluntarily give your information to Facebook? Do you genuinely believe that your personal information is actually safe anywhere on the Internet?

Sorry kids.... you're living in a fantasy world.

I am just REALLY sick of hearing about this. Don't like it? Limit what personal information you voluntarily make available
online. Don't like it? Well, which do you like better..... a super cool "social media tool", or your privacy?

Idiots.

Laws were still broken and you are ok with it? I guess so. Not to mention facebook is one of the biggest social media corporations in the world and have the power to influence governments. Too big to not become a target of heavy regulation or being broken apart.

Yeah yeah I get it. Users consent to be on facebook but facebook is still obligated to abide by the law.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

They broke the law, and the appropriate puppet politicians will show you precisely how to play the outraged and naive citizen.

Folks..... you're trusting dear old ZUCK with all of your private information that you voluntarily hand over.

Oh, wait..... you'd rather have Governmental regulation instead of adult logical thought.

C'est la vie. Enjoy having your info spread farther and wider than a teenage boy sowing his oats.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Pure and simple..... Facebook owns Facebook.

And they're letting you use it without paying them.

Awww, darn phooey..... they took every single drip of information you willingly handed over, and used it.

You don't own the system. What did you HONESTLY expect?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

They broke the law, and the appropriate puppet politicians will show you precisely how to play the outraged and naive citizen.

Folks..... you're trusting dear old ZUCK with all of your private information that you voluntarily hand over.

Oh, wait..... you'd rather have Governmental regulation instead of adult logical thought.

C'est la vie. Enjoy having your info spread farther and wider than a teenage boy sowing his oats.

To be honest I want Facebook dismantled completely. I havent had a social media account in over 12 years. Even then it wasnt much info given or any photos of mine posted to it.

Zuckerburg is only looking out for himself and will do anything to deflect it to his "team".

I know the politicians wont do anything about it, that much is a given and they will be held accountable in the next election. It is up to us to get outraged and demand action on this mess.

Whether or not it was voluntary or not, people still have rights. If it takes creating an internet or private corporation bill of rights to ensure this doesnt happen again then it should be done.

Bowing down to a corporations way of doing things with peoples private information is how we lose rights because you are not willing to fight to change it. Facebook provides a service but we should be respected at a certain level too because we are willing to trust you to not violate our information. Technically speaking if Facebook is allowed to do this then the sky is the limit and who knows what else they can do. There has to be a limit.

If I had it my way I would outlaw social media because things like Facebook cant seem to follow the rules.
edit on 10-4-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I never once said that Zuck wasn't guilty, nope.

I happen to believe that you should engage your brain, and when you fail to do that, guess what.... you're at fault.

Amazon and Google now have voice recording devices that the cold war era CIA and KGB wish they could have found for a wonderful addition to their toys. Hell, people even PAY for the stupid thing to be sitting RIGHT in their home.

You honestly think Amazon and Google are going to be honorable, and NOT rape your privacy for all it's worth?

Idiots.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I never once said that Zuck wasn't guilty, nope.

I happen to believe that you should engage your brain, and when you fail to do that, guess what.... you're at fault.

Amazon and Google now have voice recording devices that the cold war era CIA and KGB wish they could have found for a wonderful addition to their toys. Hell, people even PAY for the stupid thing to be sitting RIGHT in their home.

You honestly think Amazon and Google are going to be honorable, and NOT rape your privacy for all it's worth?

Idiots.

Then its time to reign these corporations in and stop letting them do what they want. Fines. Taxes. Communication freezes on IP addresses, etc.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

I agree. Boo-f**king-hoo.

The first minute you logged on to the Internet you had a target on your back. We're all compromised.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1

I agree. Boo-f**king-hoo.

The first minute you logged on to the Internet you had a target on your back. We're all compromised.

Well said, well said.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Yeah, sorry, no.

Apply the corporation's private bits to the coals.... great.

But, you can't fix stupid.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I'm not so sure "voluntary" is an appropriate word here. Remember late last year when there was a widely circulated report that Facebook was eavesdropping on people's cell phone calls and texts to direct ads as well as compile data. Well, that's now been confirmed despite Facebook's scrambling PR salvation efforts.
arstechnica.com...

How is that even remotely voluntary on the part of the users? Sounds very, very similar to telling a woman who was raped "Well, if you hadn't worn that dress..."

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Yeah, sorry, no.

Apply the corporation's private bits to the coals.... great.

But, you can't fix stupid.

It will only get worse. So much so that the internet might have to get regulated and will no longer be free. Then who will you blame?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And.....

You voluntarily use it (provided that you actually do use Facebook).

Whinge and moan all you want..... you're a moron for doing it.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Those who foolishly/sheepishly continue using it.

Honestly, should it get even close to that, I'll be the first one to cut my cord.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
How is that even remotely voluntary on the part of the users? Sounds very, very similar to telling a woman who was raped "Well, if you hadn't worn that dress..."

Yepp, that's what I'm saying.

Dumbassed people are tools, pure and simple. Sadly, look around you. Most fit into the "dumbass" category.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Honestly, should it get even close to that, I'll be the first one to cut my cord.

Always trying to make an excuse to pretend you wont be affected. China is proof that you cant escape the effect. Blame everyone else and not yourself because you are "different". You live on the same planet as me and have the same brain. What affects me and a million other people, it will affect you.

Be careful with what you say because it might just come true. Calling everyone else an idiot and claiming you have the moral high ground proves to be the opposite. We are all imperfect and we are all victims of the system in some shape or form

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

And I just read this to my wife.... guess what she said?

"Women cannot control the actions of someone that finds them appealing due to their choice of clothing.....

but what they CAN control, is logging onto and using Facebook."

I love my wife!!!!!!!!

And yes, stupid people are still freakishly stupid.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Not where texts and cell calls are concerned, you're quite wrong. Let's say you have a business associate or friend you speak with daily who has the Facebook App on their phone... Facebook has compiled a database on YOU regardless of whether you personally joined or downloaded the app or not, they have assembled a profile on you that includes your phone number(s), likely used with Facebook partners and FBI sourced electronic tools to determine your name, age, address, plus anything you texted or spoke to the person who has the app about.

Yeah, some folks are really, really stupid... but those of the world who aren't stupid are now being targeted through the idiots and there's not a damn thing we can do about it short of supporting the feds coming down on Zucker with the force of a thousand suns.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

Always trying to make an excuse to pretend you wont be affected. China is proof that you cant escape the effect. Blame everyone else and not yourself because you are "different". You live on the same planet as me and have the same brain. What affects me and a million other people, it will affect you.

Be careful with what you say because it might just come true. Calling everyone else an idiot and claiming you have the moral high ground proves to be the opposite. We are all imperfect and we are all victims of the system in some shape or form

Always trying? Have I urinated on you in a past life?

Friend, let's put it this way. I am perfectly well aware of "what is out there" about me. And, I pick and choose where I go as a savy internet user. I also routinely google / -Insert Search Engine Here- my full name, and all possible variations of it just to see what exactly is out there.

Now, I can hear you saying "Well, what your PERSONAL information...????"

The moment you plug a lan cable into your computer, you ARE handing over data. Of this, I am aware.

However, to the poor little victims (the "onoze!!!" crowd) who are crying? Sack up, buttercup.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Tell your wife to read the articles about this. It goes beyond logging into and using Facebook.
www.groovypost.com...

When someone “connects” to Facebook using their Gmail, Yahoo, Twitter, Outlook or whatever account, Facebook will ask for permission to access your contacts to “find your friends on Facebook”. While Facebook may actually be trying to find their friend’s profiles on Facebook, Facebook is also harvesting all of that contact data and using it to create “shadow profiles” based on name and email address information.

gizmodo.com...

www.aclu.org...

But while I've never "opted in" to Facebook or any of the other big social networks, Facebook still has a detailed profile that can be used to target me. I've never consented to having Facebook collect my data, which can be used to draw very detailed inferences about my life, my habits, and my relationships. As we aim to take Facebook to task for its breach of user trust, we need to think about what its capabilities imply for society overall. After all, if you do #deleteFacebook, you'll find yourself in my shoes: non-consenting, but still subject to Facebook’s globe-spanning surveillance and targeting network.

Your wife is partly right... it's more akin to telling a raped woman she was raped because some other broad wore revealing clothes and titilated the rapist to the point where he started grabbing any female he could find.

<<   2  3 >>

join