It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PM notifications not showing up...again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
So just about one year ago there was an issue where I and many of the people I was talking with via PM weren't recieving the notification that we had new messages. It seemed to fix itself at one point and all was well.

It has happened again and I am curious if anyone can explain why this may happen. My conspiracy mind is afraid that is because someone with access either from the back end or login in credentials is checking them before the user gets a chance to see the notification.

I won't even be mad because I know we don't own our content or accounts but I am very curious.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

My conspiracy mind is afraid that is because someone with access either from the back end or login in credentials is checking them before the user gets a chance to see the notification.

Good one

( I think it's just a DB issue)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
it's glitchy-stitchy

just check the PM's once in a while

🤲

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
it's glitchy-stitchy

just check the PM's once in a while

🤲

That's what I do every 3 months or so. I've never ever once seen a p.m. notification in 10 years. What does it look like and where is it?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Envelope icon changes colour in the top right of the screen.
It's been working for me today.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Ten years ago it was on a banner at the bottom of the screen that said "U2U"

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Oh. Thank you. I was looking for something animated flashing or blinking or jittering or whatever. Like it does on the business-related forums that I belong to.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Thank you. Mine has been solid white for 10 years. I guess if you don't read every single message it stays that way. Like the ones that say attaboy from admin good job. I don't open those because I know what they say.... it says good job.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

For 10 years LMAO Well if that still doesn’t solve your issue try my advice.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You have a new PM waiting.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   
It also becomes a read notification if the person who sent it, reads their own sent message. So you won't get a notification.

Had a few naughty U2U's sent to me for being naughty, that I only discovered by accident.... guess it's a way of telling someone off and not having them see it in the heat of a rotten thread.. idk

top topics

join