It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian airfield comes under missile attack, according to state media

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: spy66

Got a source for that? Everything I have seen suggests Israel. That includes Syrian government reporting.

It was Israel according to the Russians. This was a message to Iran that Russian air defense cant protect them.

The Russian military said on Monday that Israeli fighter jets carried out the overnight strike on a Syrian air base with eight missiles. The report said the missiles were launched from Lebanese airspace.
www.haaretz.com...

edit on 4/9/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Not good...

Russia suddenly puts troops on full combat alert

The Russian military command suddenly puts troops on full combat alert, movements of combat vehicles and missile systems observe almost all over the country.

An activity of Russian troops is most notable in the Western part of Russia, near the borders with Ukraine and the Republic of Belarus, as well as in the Transbaikal region and the Far East. On April 8-9 active movements of a large number of military vehicles and tanks, also were seen moving of the Iskander missile systems with Air Defence support.

Some source reported about deploying command and control systems on main military naval bases and military airfields.

Russian defence officials refused to comment on any moving of troops.

Some experts attribute this to the fear of a possible US and NATO invasion of Syria after an alleged chemical attack on a Syrian rebel-held town.

It should be reminded that Ukraine’s Defenсe Minister Stepan Poltorak said in an interview that Russia has concentrated 19 battalion tactical groups of more than 77,000 troops near the Ukrainian. At the moment, the government in Kyiv is ramping up its fight to reclaim Ukraine’s restive eastern regions, at the same time Russia has deployed 77,000 troops along its border with Ukraine, included modern main battle tanks. missile systems and combat aircraft.

I am not familiar with the source or their reliability so if someone is familiar please let me know if the source is reliable.
edit on 9-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Navieko

Reports the airstrikes came from Lebanese airspace. An Israeli page from their playbook but until someone confirms who is involved its speculation.

If it is Israel I have a question -
Why would they need to strike an airbase near Homs? I dont remember that area being used to provide rockets / etc to Hamas or Hezbollah.

The only Israeli motive I can come up with is Trump's announcing his intention to leave Syria. Pour some gas on the fire and perhaps Trump is obliged to stay.

Then there's the reports of cruise missiles from the sea. Does Israel have that capability? Perhaps a French-Israeli package? A coincidental attack? I know I'm getting creative here...LOL

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Will Trump listen to Bolton? Of course he will, why do you think he appointed him in the first place?....Trump will have his war!
edit on 9-4-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The Russian Strategic bomber Morse Code High Frequency network was active at 1600 Greenwich Mean Time (1700 local UK time) today. I heard the ground control station on 8029 Kilohertz sending out their W beacon marker. Usually active at 00, 20, 40 minutes past the hour but I didn't notice it at 1620 GMT so either it was just a test or they have stood down.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Then there's the reports of cruise missiles from the sea. Does Israel have that capability? Perhaps a French-Israeli package? A coincidental attack? I know I'm getting creative here...LOL

Israeli Dolphin Class submarines are believed to have a cruise missile capability although that is regarded to be a nuclear delivery system.

More than likely the reports of the cruise missiles were air launched versions of the Popeye from the Israeli F-15s.

See following for Popeye variants.

Wiki Popeye missile link

edit on 9/4/2018 by tommyjo because: malformed link corrected

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 1Angrylightbulb>>>> Assad is like Saddam Hussein lite but I think he's being set up here. The timing was too perfect. We talk about leaving Syria and he suddenly does the one thing that will get us being asked to go in? This happened before under Obama. They want Assad gone and Syria carved up and this whole ISIS movement was funded by those who want that. The Deep State, the Banking Elite, they are the ones most likely to have done this. They also destabilized Europe and the US with the mass immigration of refugees from there. And now they want gun control here. I hope to God they don't have gas attacks being planned here, mass shootings were bad enough.

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
EU planning another missile attack against Syria in about 3-4 weeks. That coincides with the timing when their latest gambit against North Korea fails again miserably.

This time around the EU may get an even bigger slap in the face as it attacks Syria!

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
EU planning another missile attack against Syria in about 3-4 weeks. That coincides with the timing when their latest gambit against North Korea fails again miserably.

This time around the EU may get an even bigger slap in the face as it attacks Syria!

What color is the sky in your world?

posted on Apr, 23 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

So when your deadline comes and goes and nothing happens will you finally admit you make it up as you go? Or will any attack during that time, no matter who does it be a covert EU attack.

Don't bother answering, I already know.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
EU-NATO still planning another strike in Syria for the coming weeks!

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Of course they are.

(post by Xcathdra removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Of course they are.

Well .. that is not a wish ! That's just what NATO planned for quite some time, and has done so, in two occasions already. Assessing the success or failure of such attacks is another story, but that's what is going on.
There's no other credible reason for the Syrian war to be still going on, after 7 years, if NATO didn't intend to attack!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

And, yet again, you have proof for your claims, right? Not supposition, not "NATO wouldn't..." but actual proof, right?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join