It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian airfield comes under missile attack, according to state media

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hoping you'd show up in one of these threads

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

We'll see how this pans out.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Fermy

Apparently its not just one airfield, seventeen mins. ago on Facebook, it says airfields. The IDF has refused to comment.

(post by yuppa removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Fermy

About like every other attack by Israel. Lots of posturing, some claims by both sides, and then everyone ignores it.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Tyias (T4) airbase near Homs was hit according to Syrian state media.

Pentagon confirmed it was not American forces.

Speculation is Israel or France. Some private video clips on twitter reportedly sound like French Dassault Mirage aircraft (no confirmation).

However the videos appear to show missiles and not aircraft.
edit on 8-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Israel has been hitting targets inSyria on their own for years now. They're perfectly capable of acting on their own.

Well it is easy for them to act out on their own knowing that the US & Western Allies will inevitably be rushing right on in behind to defend their asses if a more capable nation did decide to take hostile/defensive action against them.

The important factor now that I believe is most assuredly coming into consideration - is that Russia/Putin is actually starting to get pissed off - and it won't be long before a line is crossed and Israel will have to answer for their actions.
edit on 8/4/18 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Reports the airstrikes came from Lebanese airspace. An Israeli page from their playbook but until someone confirms who is involved its speculation.

If it is Israel I have a question -
Why would they need to strike an airbase near Homs? I dont remember that area being used to provide rockets / etc to Hamas or Hezbollah.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Israel never blamed any attack on another country, just kept quiet. This time it was reported that U.S. was attacking. I doubt that Israel would attack and pin it on the U.S., makes no sense. That being said, it makes no sense why Assad would use chemical weapons when after the president said he was withdrawing. Im at a complete loss. Does Israel have capability, of course, but its not in their playbook to say is someone else.
edit on 8-4-2018 by HanSolo31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Israel and Russia have had an agreement in place over operations in Syria since Russia went in. The rumored agreement is that as long as they stay away from the Russian bases, Russia will look the other way, but that was never confirmed. They've had very close cooperation on keeping their operations deconflicted from the start though, which both sides have confirmed.

Russia isn't going to go after Israel unless Israel hits their bases, or does something incredibly stupid. And Israel has been confident about their operations over Syria because they have the Syrian military so out classed it isn't funny. The only conformed Israeli loss in any of their attacks is a single F-16 where the crew screwed up and stayed high, instead of dropping down. And according to reports, the Syrians barrage fired at least two missile batteries to hit them.

link   

Assuming it is Israel, which is speculation at this point.

link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
I figure in their minds any target that'll hurt the Assad regime is a good target - and Homs is probably more likely an easier target with less distance to travel (over Syrian air-space), and therefore less chance of being taken out by defense systems.

edit on 8/4/18 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

According to reports Iranian weapons were being unloaded or stored there.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: HanSolo31

It is interesting to note the chemical attack came 1 year from the last chemical attack.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Only difference is that this time Israeli news agency reported it was the U.S. that was responsible, normally they just dont say anything. Weird. Also, last chemical attack U.S. responded almost immediately with Tomahawks.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yeah I have also seen in some reports that a spokeswoman for Israel said no comment. Even the twitter I was watching has gone quiet. I guess it's a waiting game now to see who takes responsibility for the attack or wait for the next wave of missiles.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
source

SANA said Syrian air defenses had shot down eight missiles and a number of casualties had been reported.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Most sources I'm reading, Israel is saying no comment, which is normal until the operation is over. I haven't seen any Israeli sources saying the US did it.

Israel has more of a reason to hit that airfield than we do.

www.timesofisrael.com...
edit on 4/8/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harpua
a reply to: 1Angrylightbulb

yep, I'm far from a military strategist, but considering recent tensions between everyone from Russia, N Korea, Iran, China and the US and its allies... I can't help but wonder just how important Syria is to Russia and China.

Syria is their to maintain peace. Any form of regime is direct threat to the world. Do not open the door way for Israeli-Iran conflict. Jordan will be next. You used to be able to travel to Syria peacefully until the ISIS regime happen by freaking US and it's allies. China and Russia is the one trying to prevent ww3. US is not doing its part since the cold war.

I mean have you seen middle east special of Top Gear. It shows a lot about Syria before the war.
edit on 8-4-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Which Israeli news agency reported it was the US? I understand some Syrian news agency's jumped-the-gun and assumed it was the US (justifiably so considering the recent history) - but first I heard of Israel saying it was the US?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join