It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia warns of 'most serious consequences' if US strikes Syria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

What about it? Please read my last post.

I fully support Syria's sovereignty. I believe we have NO BUSINESS being there.

I am just making the point that *if* we needed to strike them, we could do so. But I also stated I am opposed personally to such action. Sometimes "devil's advocate" is an effective way to illustrate certain larger points, and of course being realistic.

It is a waste of money and resources in a country we have no right to be in.

Unfortunately for US Democrats and GOP war hawks, being pro-Russia isn't an act of war. It doesn't justify a coup. Like the Ukraine coup. Those who are saying Putin will push further into Ukraine is laughable. Putin had no choice there, granted. Tori Nuland and Obummer staged the coup against their lawfully installed pro-Russian regime, and replaced them with a corrupt chocolate magnate.

But HEY! Heaven forbid if Russia "trolls" some nameless political hack and her fan-base gets worked up in a tizzy over
edit on 4/9/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CMusi

Well, if true that takes the prize for stupidest thing I ever heard

Hopefully sane minds prevail, and realize that no religion or ideology is worth murdering 2 million people and risking WW3

TPTB will slither/ooze under their rocks while the rest of us are left to die a slow death from starvation, radiation sickness or mass hordes of displaced & dangerous people

Bunkers and prepper supplies will only last us so long before we're in the same league as the unprepared

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: CMusi

Well, if true that takes the prize for stupidest thing I ever heard

Hopefully sane minds prevail, and realize that no religion or ideology is worth murdering 2 million people and risking WW3

TPTB will slither/ooze under their rocks while the rest of us are left to die a slow death from starvation, radiation sickness or mass hordes of displaced & dangerous people

Bunkers and prepper supplies will only last us so long before we're in the same league as the unprepared

Stupid conservatives want to bring on the day of judgment.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

It doesn't make much sense with Americas infra structure being in such a poor state , then going out and bombing other countries infra structure what going on here?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

My best guess?

Absolutely 100% of nothing will come of this. What I can't understand is the sabre rattling over a relatively insignificant piece of real-estate...at least insignificant to the US

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Although as you say nothing will come of this, the future doesnt bode to well for when something does escalate to armed conflict Future Armed Conflict

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
well it is sad but one day the US will pay the ultimate price for its legacy of illegal conflicts and overthrowing democratically elected nations as will most of the world powers !
Russia will also pay the price for meddling in the affairs of other nations

if not through direct military conflict , it will crumble through either civil war or guerrilla warfare
the people of earth will only sit by for so long , whilst the elite power players carry out their sadistic fantasies
there will be a point where the people of earth no longer care for military and we destroy them
from the inside , we will want rid of the military industrial complex , through a change of consciousness
we will direct our energy towards creation rather than destruction. Once we have a paradigm shift
away from fear and anger , towards peace and unity and the co-operation of our species.

Rather than divided countries with each individual goals , we have shared global goals at co-operation
once the "profit before people and planet" model is dumped as the piece of # it is !
We can start working together.

The day will come , when nationality will no longer be something to be proud of but just your geographic lottery at birth
we wont act aggressively towards each other and we will remove all weapons of war!

How many more times , will the wool be allowed to be pulled over our heads!
we have seen the same model rinse repeated for a long time.

and the same result every time, the people and the planet suffer, and the minority benefit.

I think its sad the volume of people in ATS who love these threads and as soon as the insults start flying , gloves are off
and everyone has their heckels up and their flag flying proudly, boasting of the military might of which ever nation they just so happened to be born in!

If it were up to me , Id abolish the military in the UK , every military asset would be sold or decommissioned and Britain would focus on research and development of new technologies which benefit our species not destroy it.
We would have next to no foreign policy with regards to conflict and we would not interfere in the affairs of other sovereign nations.

Why do we even need armies ? if you are not being attacked , then you have no need to defend yourself.
they are simply force projection and for stealing land and resources , because the bottom line is not global security
that is just playing with human fear , the bottom line " is the almighty dollar"

the military is only used to protect assets overseas for the corporations who fund senate

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
hopefully the masses will just stop defending other peoples ideology and money!
and give up on "national defense"

because lets face it , the old saying , we are defending democracy cant be used because that is an illusion
we are no more free than the people we are bombing !

when you can be locked up for having a nazi pug , do we have any more freedom than poor Abóòd from Syria ?

it also really bothers me that as a citizen in a democracy , we the people cant decide what our taxes are spent on! as if it were up to me not one single penny of my taxes would goto weapons of war !
but instead to education , the NHS and to the poor , also research and development for cleaner energy systems.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
In theory I agree with the concept, however at what point do you think human beings will EVER do the following...

originally posted by: sapien82
once the "profit before people and planet" model is dumped as the piece of # it is !

I've seen a lot of people come and go, and the one thing that is a staple of humanity, is that profit always comes before all else. What you've laid out is a pipe-dream that will never come to fruition.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
I support Russia on this one. I hope they are successful.

A hypothetical, but I just wanted to get your take on this:

If the US went to war (conventional non-nuclear) with Russia, would you defect to fight for Putin?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
These White Hats?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Russia has vetoed Syria chemical weapons inquiry.

news.sky.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

The UN has rejected a Russian proposal to enquire into the attack. How does that mean Russia has rejected an inquiry?.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

its the same old bull ... the British detected this (crap, which is false), so we gotta react in this (false) manner, to follow solidarity.... what a freakin' farce!

Then if # hits the fan, the US can blame the UK... just wait and see

If true, then I called it...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

The thing is we know that their are good grounds to suspect that the Western governments are in some sort of Pedo club, which every time it looks like theirs some investigation it gets stopped, it was ok for the Intel organizations to know this as it gave them leverage. But the average guy is now very suspicious. How are they going to deal with it, have a good distraction? Russian Intelligence might have been some how responsible for its leaking, maybe not who knows. Either way the fabric of the Western system is compromised . What would you do if a foreign country had personal details of your Ministers peculiarities, cry fake news, call it an act of ridiculous propaganda. Or threaten them with a world war. These could be desperate people trying to protect their way of life, and using ours to do it.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Scary thoughts, I keep an open mind for any eventuality.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

We all hope nothing comes of this. However, the consequences of a US, UK, France throwing missiles over to Syria by association automatically involves Russia. Russia is blowing a lot of hot air right now as well as Iran and Syria.

Let's not play down the fact that "Nothing will come will come of this". Because what will come of this will be the ever-worsening stability of the region, those proxy wars will become ever more heated, if Russia promises retaliation to US, UK, French involvement then the retaliation could be like for like (militarily).

There is a lot of bad stuff going off in the world right now. Russia is facing Syria and the Nerve Agent case in the UK. I can only imagine the will get back around the table and come up with a UN resolution.

This could be the following,
- A joint chemical weapons inquiry,
- Stopping and banning of the use of chemical weapons in Syria,
- A cease-fire,
- Joint UN peacemaking operations.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If Trump goes all in in Syria, it's over for GOP in the midterm. That's it. Capitz.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The U.S has no choice but to act on this in either form it takes. We have set an example & if we back down now it'll be a catastrophe in Syria. Russia doesn't have the guts or weapons to make a move on such short unimportant terms. We would not go to war over something this small. Russia is trying to get support from the international community that is it. They talk a big game, they can't back it up without help though.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride
a reply to: Willtell

The U.S has no choice but to act on this in either form it takes. We have set an example & if we back down now it'll be a catastrophe in Syria. Russia doesn't have the guts or weapons to make a move on such short unimportant terms. We would not go to war over something this small. Russia is trying to get support from the international community that is it. They talk a big game, they can't back it up without help though.

That's right. Every day that passes Russia brings in more air defense missile and air to air missiles. Tomahawk cruise missile is slower than Me 262 fighter jet. Air defense missile and air to air missiles are all more than Mach 2, some even Mach 4. Even if the US shoots hundreds of Tomahawk cruise missiles, the vast majority would get shot down. Only a few can hit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join