It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phones are listening....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Yeah, yeah. We all know this, right?!

I have understood this for a while- that my phone could be used to listen in on me. Not that I think I’m of particular interest, but it’s possible for this to be done. I’ve had my share of ads, or “suggestions” pop up on my social accounts that coincided with recent conversations, so I know that it’s being used for marketing.

However, until now- as I discussed some political news with my husband and felt like I should physically write my thoughts on paper and pass it to him, I hadn’t been terribly concerned about it.

Maybe I’m late to the game. Maybe I’m an idiot. Maybe I’m paranoid. Maybe I’m woke. I don’t know. But a small part of me feels crushed.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
too little too late.

your tv is listening.

your microwave it's suspect.

the power meter outside can't be trusted.

we have already lost, and so few even suspect there might be a problem.

next year, ask for an itemized receipt on your taxes.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
If you want to have a private conversation, unplug the microwave, put your phones and tablets in it. Then get naked in the hot tub with music playing loud. A glass of wine helps to.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I have an old dial phone in my office. It's not plugged into anything it's an antique but it's still wired. I have a land line . I might just plug that one in.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Security cam,toasters and coffee pots manufactured in China have been found to have bugs in them. Most of the time the information they gather is inconsequential. However every staff room has a coffee pot, military bases,the pentagon,giant financial firms,engineering firms etc. Now some of the discussion that happens in those break rooms might be highly interesting to the right party.

edit on 8-4-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I have an old dial phone in my office. It's not plugged into anything it's an antique but it's still wired. I have a land line . I might just plug that one in.

that land line goes through multiple datacenters.
your analog line is likely digitized at the first node, and a copy recorded and analyzed for key words- kept on hand by the NSA for several years just in case.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Don't forget to pay your taxes, so you can have it weaponized against you comrad.

(((Google))) my a@@
edit on 4 by Mandroid7 because: Typo

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Good thing I don't have anything interesting to say.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Funny you use the word “comrade”- because it touches on the discussion I was having that I felt a need to stop verbalizing. Barely- but it made me chuckle!

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

When someone types to You "Google™ is Your friend..." This person is lying to You; I wouldn't trust them.

Bing™ the following: Mark Zuckerberg's private computer w/camera and audio taped over... Now why would Agent Zuckerberg do that if 'they' weren't listening? Now You could opine that You don't live the life that Agent Zuckerberg lives but that isn't the point. Where did You forego Your 4th Amendment Rights? Now 'they' figure if You don't care about the 4th Amendment, why should You care about the 2nd or 1st?

Remember the 'Obama Phone'? Which was really brought up by Reagan? All those folks 'approved' the NSA™ listening to the calls as that was mentioned in the 'Contract' Most sign away their rights w/out reading the 'fine print' over at farcebook™ these are known as 'Terms Of Use Agreement'...

2 words: DUH!!!!

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

(Typed from JimNasium's computer by Alexa™)

The aforementioned post was not approved by Siri™ prior to posting.

By agreeing, You give Siri™ the ability to look through everything You ever typed to make sure there isn't something there that would make this 'easier' for You, the consumer...

I mean really....

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Good thing I don't have anything interesting to say.

Yes, We remember when You were typing 'for' HRC and 'against' Herr Drumpf, how dare You? hahahaha

'they' are also watching. How embarrassed do You think I am after learning there was someone watching as I traipsed about gingerly in swim fin's and catcher's mask???

Notice yet that they ALL are crooked?

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If youre a business person you can bet their recording your ideas, instincts, methods, plans, sources, contacts... all for the AI to study... your trade secrets.

Was one of the first warnings I put out soon after they started becoming common and I was finally exposed to one and saw it doing text to speech on screen, everything we were saying standing next to it, knowing Google God archives anything and everything they manage to record... FOREVER.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Swear to god, if I hear/read "woke" and "shook" out of another grown-ass adult, I'm going to have to start clocking people. No offense to the OP, but holy s# those are annoying, pretentious hipster terms if ever there were any.

originally posted by: JimNasium

When someone types to You "Google™ is Your friend..." This person is lying to You; I wouldn't trust them.

Bing™ the following: Mark Zuckerberg's private computer w/camera and audio taped over... Now why would Agent Zuckerberg do that if 'they' weren't listening? Now You could opine that You don't live the life that Agent Zuckerberg lives but that isn't the point. Where did You forego Your 4th Amendment Rights? Now 'they' figure if You don't care about the 4th Amendment, why should You care about the 2nd or 1st?

Remember the 'Obama Phone'? Which was really brought up by Reagan? All those folks 'approved' the NSA™ listening to the calls as that was mentioned in the 'Contract' Most sign away their rights w/out reading the 'fine print' over at farcebook™ these are known as 'Terms Of Use Agreement'...

Stay Hydrated...

Lol, come on, Bing is just as bad. Micro$oft owns Bing.

Regardless, always assume everything is recorded, no matter how "unplugged" from tech you think you are -- listening devices are very tiny now. And very well disguised.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I’m not a business person- stay at home parent. I have nothing to offer anything eavesdropping.

It’s still creepy.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Well.... it was used rather tongue in cheek. And while I largely feel the same- I have had to accept that language evolves. No matter how much I am annoyed by the bastardization of the written and spoken word, change is inevitable.

Sorry I was nails on a chalkboard to your internet ears.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

My countermeasure is to car-a-oke to my smartphones every chance I get.

edit on 8-4-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
a reply to: Nyiah

Well.... it was used rather tongue in cheek. And while I largely feel the same- I have had to accept that language evolves. No matter how much I am annoyed by the bastardization of the written and spoken word, change is inevitable.

Sorry I was nails on a chalkboard to your internet ears.

Yarp drang wadds shango ais nurt yabbledabble ain fairt converdition. Yamma dait shango gribs mer dirtles samola...

Since we're just making things up and accepting it as change.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Stay Hydrated...

I know that for a fact. On alternate days I had a laptop and dual boot PC attached to a wifi-router. When I came in to work each day, a contractor at my workplace would be chatting to my cubicle neighbor about the exact things that were on my screen. Only stopped when I kept all my home projects on a separate system.

I suspect something is funny because I can't even get wireshark to record the traffic sent from my smart TV to the wifi-router even when the ethernet ports are set to promiscuous mode.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join