It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New level of frustration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
My wife is pregnant, coming up on the end of our time in Germany she is do the same month we were supposed to leave so obviously that is on hold for as long as it takes for the kid to get vaccinated and be cleared for flight.

I came back early to look for work while I have several hooks in the water I am stuck waiting for the phone call saying your hired.

Either way what happened tonight, I get a call from her saying she had pain around her kidneys and it was bad enough she is going to the hospital, and I am stuck 4700 miles away.

Yes I realize that the odds are stacked in favor of this being a relatively minor problem coupled with her worry as a first time mother, but I do not think I have ever felt so frustrated and helpless.

So while I wait for her to stabilize enough to let me know whats going on about all I can do is sit here and wait... ARGH... I hate waiting if I didn't have scotch I am pretty sure I couldn't sleep tonight.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

i'd definitely be worrying too, i'm just a worrier. but it's probably nothing, hang in there!

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It's always something, yes? I understand why you are concerned, anybody would be.
I hope she and the baby are going to be okay - er, better than okay, excellent!

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
First hospital she went to, had no on call Gyno so she is moving to a second hospital...

Aint nothing ever easy..

Ill be calling first thing in the morning to move my departure date up to as soon as I can get back there, be easier to handle while waiting for the job call.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

How many weeks is she? I hope for the best for you all. What is she having? Have you decided on a name? Sorry for all the questions.

I love babies. I can't wait to have some grand babies running around. So precious.

Good luck to you. I hope you can be there for the birth. Congratulations, and try not to worry too much. Although i would be worrying just as much.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
id be gettin there asap as well. Your anxiety is your natural protective instincts as a husband and father. Listen to your instincts.

blessings and good vibes sent your way.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
she is about 17 weeks along, don't know which flavor minion we are spawning just yet.

Good news is the pain has faded her kidneys and the minion both check out as ok.

edit on 8-4-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It is most likely kidney infection or kidney stones. It is a good thing she has gone for treatment. They will be fine, it is pretty common.

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
My wife is pregnant, coming up on the end of our time in Germany she is do the same month we were supposed to leave so obviously that is on hold for as long as it takes for the kid to get vaccinated and be cleared for flight.

I came back early to look for work while I have several hooks in the water I am stuck waiting for the phone call saying your hired.

Either way what happened tonight, I get a call from her saying she had pain around her kidneys and it was bad enough she is going to the hospital, and I am stuck 4700 miles away.

Yes I realize that the odds are stacked in favor of this being a relatively minor problem coupled with her worry as a first time mother, but I do not think I have ever felt so frustrated and helpless.

So while I wait for her to stabilize enough to let me know whats going on about all I can do is sit here and wait... ARGH... I hate waiting if I didn't have scotch I am pretty sure I couldn't sleep tonight.

Breathe - 'back' labor is very common.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
caught an earlier flight back, Ill keep applying for jobs but I can wait here with her just as easily as I can in the states.

Just might have to fly in and walk into an interview with jet lag... so be it, easier on my nerves and hopefully easier on her having me here with her.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
So much for calmer nerves... just got word from the USAF in 14-21 days a decision will be handed down that will most likely mean we have 4 weeks to GTFO of Germany.

So I have to pack and clean the house, find transport for the pets, line up a used car for us stateside, take care of a pregnant wife, do phone interviews to try and find work.

Oh and the kicker the real topper of a bit of information, she will have to outprocess the air force 2 weeks before the kid is due. So now we will have to dig into the post military health care coverage to see how much or little that will assist us with the cost of the kid being born.

Jesus I hope her request gets approved, other wise this is going to throw a mountain of stress on to her during pregnancy.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   
And there it is... the marvelous USAF... telling a pregnant woman you have 3 weeks to out-process, you have to be stateside or no medical coverage for you and your kid.

Just a giant F U to her, so much for sleep.. ill try to take as much off her plate as possible but jesus her leadership screwed this up.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Did you know that frustration is dramatically increased in a woman giving birth.
My bet is... If you're not there... Then you're not the blame for labor pangs.

top topics

join