It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mothers Tears - TRA2018

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
When she is angry the world trembles. When she is bitter the world turns cold. When she is happy the world blossoms. When she is sad tears fall from the sky. Her sadness is unbound. It crept near her on steely legs and lay with her unwanted. To stop its advance if her body had been a catapult she would have slung her soul upon it.

“Enough,” she cried but its grasp held firm. “Leave me to my thoughts,” she begged. What began as a demand witnessed her voice waver, lose its resolve, and end in a desperate plea. She lowered her head trembling, and waited. Caught in the downpour of her own sorrows it was a single tear clinging to the end of a lock of her hair that caught her eye.

In that moment's observation time nearly stood still. Tears still falling seemed to pass so slowly it was as if they were blessed with bouyancy by the very air through which they fell. The tear clinging to the end of a lock of her hair seemed to be struggling. Her heart went out to it, bolstered it, encouraged it to remain strong. Her hopes were somehow tied to the tenacity of that single tear. For a brief moment she felt hope. And the tear slipped free and began to fall. Her heart seemed to sink with the falling tear toward the inevitable. As it passed her eye ever so slowly, within it she saw a prism of possibility. The struggle of the tear had not been to cling to the lock of hair but to break free. In its passing she saw pure joy. And her tears still passing by were now realized to be tears of joy. Each a wish come true.

Whereas in darkness light becomes more easily detected so then does sorrow make ready the discovery of joy. Do not fear sadness. Dance in the rain.

Dance.

The End

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Beautifully written ... I enjoyed this story very much.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Lovely
Seemed to be part way between prose and poetry. Good work

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thank you Sheye. I liked your story too. :-)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Thanks, it is much appreciated.

Best of luck to you.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Absolute Excellence.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Thank you so much! One of the nicest compliments I have ever received.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

It painted pictures in my soul, created little tear drops rereading it. Joy and sorrow
I want to paint it one day, perhaps decades from now, but it will remain in my heart.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

There is no greater compliment than someone who wishes to paint your world in their colors.

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

join