It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you upload a high res avatar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hello everyone, i'm trying to upload a high res pic and all i get is a couple hairs showing up on the avatar, how do i make it so that the full pic is visible or do i need to change the size of the picture? i don't understand how some people seem to have very nice looking avatars but when i try to add one it doesn't fit at all and i only get a bit of it to show up

Edited to add, and now it shows up correctly? I don't know what's up lol, first it was just a few hairs, after posting this now it shows the full pic, thanks so much magic, your work here is done

edit on 6-4-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH
Hello everyone, i'm trying to upload a high res pic and all i get is a couple hairs showing up on the avatar, how do i make it so that the full pic is visible or do i need to change the size of the picture? i don't understand how some people seem to have very nice looking avatars but when i try to add one it doesn't fit at all and i only get a bit of it to show up

Edited to add, and now it shows up correctly? I don't know what's up lol, first it was just a few hairs, after posting this now it shows the full pic, thanks so much magic, your work here is done

It has to be a small size. There's a recommended size which I used for my animation - made with Blender

"No larger than 600 pixels wide by 70 pixels tall. Maximum file size of 50kb. "

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Mine is like 800 wide and 750 tall, but i see it's fitting it to the avatar space, as long as it works i'm happy. At first it did look weird like just a bunch of hair from the top left corner
but now it's fine, at least that's what I see
edit on 6-4-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Look at my profile box, do you mean this?

There are two different image options.

- Background (what I did, plus a transparent avatar as a spacer/spreader)

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
When you upload a large image for use as an avatar, in your profile it will show only the dimensions of the avatar, excluding the rest of your image. But when you are posting in threads, the image is sized to fit the avatar dimensions.

It's a bit weird, but if you right click on your avatar and click show image, you get the full res image..

new topics

top topics

join