It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Adolf Hitler's Art is important art

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
During my life time I have watched Hitler's art gain status. The prices his paintings fetch at auction are rising steeply. Presently a painting by him is up for auction;

www.jpost.com...

The J Post will not show an image of his painting on their site, just his signing. For the same reason I will not share an example here, but if anyone else wants to that is up to them. This present painting starts with a healthy bid (also not wanting to post that here).

I deny myself the pleasure of looking at Hitler's art. I am very enthusiastic about art and very non judgemental. I know what is good art because it has an effect on me. The stronger the effect means that the artist has managed to communicate with me subliminally even over the span of hundreds and even thousands of years and totally different cultures; anything from tribal to civilized (so called). There is no doubt Hitler was a very clever painter. His art is highly stylized and for its day even modern in some respects. His themes are constant. He does not chop and change style as he is painting in his own evolving style.

They say he gave art up because it kept him in poverty. He missed the point. Even Michelangelo had to endure poverty all his days. Hitler must have been equating artistic success with how much cash it could make. Leaving art was the beginning of his end. Politics mixed with bitter experience was a lethal poison to his soul. If anyone had a two sided soul it was Hitler. It could always have gone tw ways with him. Unfortunately for him and the rest of us he walked straight into the lake of fire.

I expect Hitlers art will soon be fetching millions of dollars. His art does speak of the times. He captured his time, his idealism, the refinement and beauty of Austria (think Vienna and Strauss when you look at his paintings). Hitler was deeply in love with his vision and high idealization. These beautiful refined images were deadly though!

This highly stylized vision is dangerous in us all. It is dangerous in me. I have slain it. I am an artist. Politics will never be allowed to warp my soul because I will see it coming. My politics are advised by Christ. I did not remove religion from the state in my soul. My politics begin first with the most important ingredient and that is compassion;

"Greater love has no man than to lay down his life for his brother".

That is my political motto. It was Martin Luther King's also. In contrast to Hitler King had a vision, too. His vision was not willing to take by force and with violence. His vision was the onslaught of rhetoric, of right and morality, of fairness, long term common sense and humanitarianism. King's vision will always win the day in the long term because even evolution responds to that common sense.

Hilter could have so easily been a King (pardon the pun) if he had based his love for his culture on compassion instead of the sword. Martin, too, had every reason to be frustrated and to match fire with fire, but the fire he chose was the Baptist's Fire Sermon and not the valkyrja ("chooser of the slain").

Hitler's art needs to be remembered. It has a message for all humanity through all time. No human is all monster. However, the most sensitive and discerning artistic eye with all its idealization and stylization must be kept in check. Refinement and idealism is the most likely to enter psychosis. Hitler was mad, but so was Van Gogh. Hitler went mad in a bad way. Van Gogh went mad in a good way. Hitler's self harm involved harming millions of others. Van Gogh's self harm wa self inflicted.

Yes, Hitler's art is that good it might be compared with Van Gogh. If Hitler had carried on with his art there is no doubt he could have been remembered for that. His art has life and it is unique and one can even see the influences. Perhaps that is the trick fate played upon him. He may have though his decisions were not very important at the time he chose to drop his paint brush, yet it was his very undoing.

It was the same scenario for Rimbaud, too, in a different way. He should never have dropped his pen, but that is something to discuss another day. The moral is if you are an artist don't forsake your gift; it may very well be a life and death decision.

(I would like to have written a proper essay about this, but at least I got the essence written down here informally and in a rudimentary precis.)

edit on 6-4-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I've seen some of his paintings.
They seem to lean towards impressionistic architectural studies.
Not too pretty bad.
It would have been nice if he had stuck with art.
He was a decently skilled artist.
edit on 6-4-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   
His paintings, while technically very good, are always more like architectural drawings than actual art.

His skill is obvious, but...and it's a big, Mama Cass sized but...There is nothing going on beyond the reproduction of the subject.
There is no life, no movement, no "soul" in his paintings.

That's where they fall down. Nice to look at, well drawn and painted, but lacking that quality that separates art from pure illustration.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Just curious, what's wrong with posting his art? Is there some psychological affect we might be exposed to, copyright issues or fear it might glorify Hitler?

Honestly, I'd like to know.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I wished to gwad he had made it through art school instead of inflicting pain because of his failure, this hope would make a good What if story..

edit on 6-4-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Yes, Hitler's art is that good it might be compared with Van Gogh.

What? Lack of individual technique, lack of depth, lack of imagination...

Why is his art important again?

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Everyone is an artist but most don’t indulge in that desire. Only an ass hatted few are genocidal maniacs who kill millions and we shouldn’t indulge in their average talents. Let every influence and mark that bitch has made on this planet quickly fade to nothingness. I refuse to remember him over a teacher or peace maker who gets no place in history. His art is mediocre at best. Nothing special. Nothing original. Nothing to me. Adolf #ler is more appropriate.
edit on 6-4-2018 by Starhooker because: #ler

edit on 6-4-2018 by Starhooker because: On off

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
Why is his art important again?

Because some people like to pretend they like his art due to them thinking he's a good artist.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Hitler's art is important because he was a famous (or should I say infamous) man, not because his art is especially good. Although, who am I to judge whether art is good, or not?

Churchill was an artist too and his stuff is also collected.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
George dubya bush is quite a good painter.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Starhooker

Take that, Vlad!

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Bush is good, I can see the meddling in Pooty Poot's eyes.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Yeh I dont rate him highly at all and compared to other artists of the time

Hitler was technically good at illustration , but had no artistic flair , he didnt really express himself , just recreated what he'd seen with his eyes the best he could.

His art isnt great by any means !

He was no artist, he didnt live for art , he was supported by his aunt and didnt need to try or to strive for anything
like his friends who were not as well off !

Anyone can paint a picture , and call themselves an artist, but you arent really an artist unless you make it your life !
you cant be working in an office and paint at weekends and call yourself an artist
that is just painting in your spare time, you need to dedicate yourself fully to art and paint , draw, or create every day of your life !
well that is just how I see artists.

Your heart needs to be in it ! you need to fully invest yourself in creation

edit on 6-4-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I’m hoping bush does Putin, shirtless, riding a unicorn, while paying Facebook for all the info he needs to conquer and rule the world from his iPhone. And maybe a trump painting as well. With a halo. And an outstretched finger, touching the finger of god. It must hang on my ceiling. It’ll be bigly yuge.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The Golden Boy. These are eyes that have been meddled with!

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Before I continue on, I just wanted to thank you for not showing the painting here, because someone would likely steal a copy, and I say if they want it, they should go to the auction and pay like everyone else! Hitler's descendants deserve that money!

Some would say, "well who cares, it's just Hitler? We SHOULD steal from him!" But you, my good sir, are a truly unbiased man of integrity, to be able to actually take efforts to defend the value of Hitler's great works.

I applaud you for that.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

because someone would likely steal a copy

It's sooo good, someone really has to steal it. NOW!

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Well I guess it's true.

When it comes to art you pay for the name and not the quality of the picture. Either that or I'm hopelessly useless at judging art.

I'd give £20 for it and that's me being generous.

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Double post.
edit on 6-4-2018 by RAY1990 because: Dp

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82
Life is the art of the universe. The universe is the art of life.

<<   2 >>

join