It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Floyd Mayweather to rematch Connar McGregor in the UFC?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

From showing clips of himself entering a cage, to Showtime executive Stephen Espinoza using “MayweatherMMA” hashtags, Floyd Mayweather and his team are still continuing to tease a possible switch to mixed martial arts. The latest from this social media campaign, is a photoshopped image showing the boxer wearing MMA gloves and elbowing Conor McGregor.

www.google.com... social-media-mma-ufc-boxing

www.google.com...

UFC President Dana White is calling for Floyd Mayweather to make good on his teases about stepping in the octagon for a fight.

Over the past few weeks, undefeated boxing champion Mayweather, who is currently retired, has posted videos of himself wearing MMA gloves and stepping in a cage.

UFC lightweight champ Conor McGregor (21-3 MMA, 9-1 UFC), who lost to Mayweather (50-0 boxing) in an August boxing match, has attempted to lure “Money” by claiming he would regret not fighting him for the rest of his days

It's only fair that he keeps to his word and steps in the cage.

McGregor took the risk and stepped into the boxing ring like a good sport. Mayweather should do the same and compete in MMA.

I'm pretty sure most people assume that Mayweather is just trolling and will never fight in the UFC but he has been posting comments and videos keeping the rumor alive.

Alot of people think he would stand no chance in the cage. Having to defend against kicks and wrestling will nullify his boxing.

It is hard to tell if he is serious or not. Apparently he has already been training MMA.

Floyd Mayweather will be making his way to the octagon.

The boxing superstar on Thursday confirmed he will begin training for a transition into mixed martial arts in the near future with the help of UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley

"I can wrestle. My wrestling game is not that bad," Mayweather said. "On a scale from 1 to 10, it's probably a 7. And I think we can take it up to a 9 if possible. Of course, my hand game, on a scale of 1 to 10, is 100. My kicking game, on a scale from 1 to 10, is probably a 4."

It remains unclear who Mayweather would fight, but the 41-year-old appears set on making another comeback

I read that he is actually serious and might do a couple warm up fights before facing McGregor.

And while a fight against Conor McGregor seems to be the logical move should “Money” ever find himself stepping foot inside the Octagon in a real-fight scenario, Team Mayweather isn’t opposed to facing CM Punk, first.

“I don’t know who that is, but we might actually whoop his ass first,” Jeff Mayweather — Floyd’s uncle — told Jody Kohn via (Bloody Elbow) in a recent interview, suggesting that perhaps testing the waters against a novice like Punk wouldn’t be a bad idea

www.google.com...

www.google.com... ng-news

After the two teaser videos he released more than a month ago, Floyd Mayweather Jr. got the world thinking if he would indeed make a jump from boxing to MMA. But if he did decide to seriously go through this transition, he apparently has a potential training partner for it already.

Speaking on his own TMZ Sports segment “Hollywood Beatdown,” UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley claimed he has been in talks with Mayweather himself since they bumped into each other during the Jordan Party at the NBA All-Star Weekend in mid-February.

“Floyd Mayweather is interested in taking a mixed martial arts bout, maybe a few of them. So who better than ‘The Chosen One’ to teach him the ropes on how we get off the ropes and get on the cage?” Woodley said.

“We’re getting it set up.”

Just like how many thought of how Conor McGregor would do in a boxing match, most people have already dismissed Mayweather’s chances in an MMA fight. Woodley, however, begs to differ.

“Think about this: Floyd Mayweather’s one of the best strikers of all-time,” Woodley said. “How many guys in the UFC – they can’t wrestle and can’t grapple, but they consider themselves a stand-up fighter? They have to stand across one of the greatest strikers ever, they’re gonna be in a world of smoke.”

Woodley adds that he can get Mayweather MMA ready in just two and a half months.

“For (training) the kicks, he might need two or three weeks,” Woodley said. “For some of the wrestling defensive things, it’s gonna be very similar to boxing, because boxing has a lot of angles, a lot of head motion, a lot of using your great footwork. So it’s the same thing to stop the shot before it gets to us through footwork.”

“I would say in total, maybe two and a half months.”

I think it just might happen. The money to be made might be too hard to resist. Mayweather's ego might motivate him to step in there and prove he is the greatest.

In my opinion Mayweather would get absolutely destroyed by McGregor in MMA. I cant tell if Floyd actually believes he has a chance or if he is just messing around, enjoying the publicity.

Maybe McGregor would try and stand with him and fall into a trap by boxing and not using wrestling.

However even if the fight stayed on the feet there will still be kicks to worry about. If McGregor lands a few good leg kicks it would take a whole lot of spring out of mayweathers step.

I hope it does happen, I think it would be awesome. I would be blown away if Money Mayweather actually won, or even lasts a couple rounds.

www.google.com...[ /exnews]
edit on 5-4-2018 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Another Illuminati money grab fight...

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

He has been training and has his license. It won't be against conor. The chatter is maybe c m punk. I have zero interest in Floyd in mma unless he fights joanna or Claudia and that won't happen.
Dana said conor will fight this year. He also said UFC will be going to Russia very soon.
Khabib is a hero in Russia. Khabib is fighting for conors belt Saturday cause conor got stripped.
Look for khabib vs Floyd in Russia this year

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Floyd can't possibly make it out of the first round unless conors allows it.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yeah that's what I think too.

Khabib would absolutely maul Mayweather. He'd make him look like some random guy off the street.

I'm not so sure if McGregor could take Khabib. I would be really worried for him in that fight. We have already seen that his grappling and ground game aren't the best.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

It would definitely be a lot of money.

I wonder if PPV would charge $100 for this one like they did for the boxing match.

ETA: I was thinking of the Mayweather, Pacquiao fight which was $100 on PPV. Not sure how much they charged VS McGregor. Probably still $100.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Dude..hahaha are you serious?

Mayweather won't last 1 round in mma.

Mayweather won't risk his ego, the fight won't happen.

This is awesome.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This will be more one sided than the boxing one and that wasn't even close.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Dude..hahaha are you serious?

Mayweather won't last 1 round in mma.

Mayweather won't risk his ego, the fight won't happen.

This is awesome.

People didn't think the boxing match would happen either. This seems like the build up to the boxing match all over again.

I don't think it'll happen either but it is being talked about as if they're serious so there is hope it might actually go down.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Conor McGregor went on a rampage. Attacked a bus,smashed the windows, injured other fighters, started throwing chairs. It's insane video.

He took off after he went psycho on everything. I don't think he's gonna be fighting in the ring anytime soon.

Video at tMZ..

www.tmz.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
This will be more one sided than the boxing one and that wasn't even close.

Yeah the only way it would be competitive is if McGregor doesn't use any kicks or wrestling/jui jitsu.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Man I hope so. This is so awesome. I would probably go watch the fight.
I want to see McGregor walk on him.

Both sports are ba, but you can't box your way out of a pro mma fight.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Yeah, mcgregor is unprofessional.

He's snapped on a few refs too.

That's bs.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Conor McGregor went on a rampage. Attacked a bus,smashed the windows, injured other fighters, started throwing chairs. It's insane video.

He took off after he went psycho on everything. I don't think he's gonna be fighting in the ring anytime soon.

Video at tMZ..

www.tmz.com...

Holy cow! That was crazy!

Why did he do that?

I'm gonna try and imbed that video. Thats almost a thread on its own.

You can hear who I'm pretty sure is Khabib saying "100% I'm gonna kill this MF"

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
id watch ... yea no hope even standing and without kicking mma lets you do so much more than add mma gloves u really fell them

put him aganst a ground fighter and it wont even be a show

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

That was almost really bad. The guys in the bus really wanted to get out and fight.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Crazy.. The NYPD is looking for him. He injured at least 2 other fighters. Michael Chisea was "cut to peices" by the glass and is in the hospital. He may not be able to compete now.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

The thing is he could likely make another 100 million dollar pay day.. that isn’t happening no matter who he boxed..

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Crazy.. The NYPD is looking for him. He injured at least 2 other fighters. Michael Chisea was "cut to peices" by the glass and is in the hospital. He may not be able to compete now.

can you link me to that please?

do you know if this was cause the artem thing

plus dana said when he called conor the other day about fighting khabib he couldnt reach him cause he was in syria with no signal.

guess that was bull#

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

www.tmz.com...

Warrant out for McGregor now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join