It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell- hot or cold?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
Hell is self imposed; however, to understand how, you would also have to understand how all of existence is a part of God. It would take volumes to fully explain it. I may get around to writing them one day.

No offense, but if none of the incredible geniuses of the past couple thousand years were ever able to explain it, I have my doubts about your ability to do it.
edit on 4-4-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I actually agree with you. Hell is a hateful place. Folks who know no calm and peace. They literally get FIRED up that it seems hot. They simply have no Love...hate is heat and consumes them eternally.

Honestly, I think heaven and hell is all around us. Hate vs love. Our poor souls keep reincarnating and are forced to make decisions of our own free wills. Folks need to focus and realize that they do have a choice.

Personally, I have experienced both bad and good...but even Jesus said the kingdom of heaven is here. Not in some fantasy land. I imagine hell is here too. It is our own free will that creates heaven or hell....hot or cold. Just make up your own mind which you choose to focus on.

Edit add: heat distracts and is expanding...cold does constrict and is limiting. Admittedly, I do get confused with biblical texts stating lukewarm is not good. Is it because one is too comfortable in Luke warm to appreciate the extremes? I cannot help but still feel there must be a balance....yet, I am but a simple human in this world and just as confused as the majority.
edit on 4 4 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I had been contemplating the dominion of Angels/Heaven - the Spiritual Realm

it is pretty well established the Fallen Angels of the Bible have established a compatible environment here on Earth after their being cast-out-of-Heaven

... where is it that the 200,002 Fallen Spirit Angels found a suitable refuge here on Earth --- under the Antarctic ice !

of all places

ergo.... hell, that devours & consumes spirit Entities is a physical manifestation of a hot/active/Material realm....

unlike the absolute Zero which is devoid of all physical matter that has a DECAY element built into Its' Fundamental nature/properties

so I counter that Hell to Angels is the material/physical Universe in which mankind came about
their Heaven is the void and absolute Zero of the non-physical universe
edit on th30152288611604552018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

en.wikipedia.org... In Rabbinic literature and Christian and Islamic scripture, Gehenna is a destination of the wicked. This is different from the more neutral Sheol/Hades, the abode of the dead, although the King James Version of the Bible usually translates both with the Anglo-Saxon word Hell.

Hell = A hole in the ground.

www.dictionary.com/browse/gehenna gehenna. n. "hell," 1620s, from Church Latin, from Greek geenna, from post-biblical Hebrew gehinnom, "Hell, place of fiery torment for the dead," figurative use of the place name Ge Hinnom "the Valley of Hinnom," southwest of Jerusalem, where, according to Jer. xix.5, children were sacrificed to Moloch.[ in a giant hole in the ground].

edit on 4-4-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
But death itself is cold according to your logic. Therefore, cold cannot be reasonably assume to be "punished" by itself. To cause conflict, you'll need opposition force or elements. In case of cold, it's reasonable opposition would be heat or life. Therefore, hell could be assumed to be a place drawing life from earth, just like black hole or wormhole. It draws life so intensely that life become so compressed ( if the law of physics applied ), it becomes quantum fire or quantum plasma.

edit on 4-4-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Um... no... because absolute zero is the cessation of all movement, and thus, heat. From your link:

"Yet the gas is not colder than zero kelvin, but hotter. It is even hotter than at any positive temperature — the temperature scale simply does not end at infinity, but jumps to negative values instead."

I mean, I don't know why they are even trying to claim it as negative, at all, when it's clearly higher than infinite.... as it Also states in your link.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

Doesn't 'cold' leech heat all by itself? And death, does it not feed upon life?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Hell is a beautiful city in Norway.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
a reply to: EasternShadow

Doesn't 'cold' leech heat all by itself? And death, does it not feed upon life?

Yes, therefore, hell should be logically "hot", in order to torment this "cold" death. Otherwise hell is as meaningless as the artic.
edit on 5-4-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

That attitude would have led to no one ever accomplishing anything EVER... Other people haven't been able to free the jews from egypt moses, I doubt you can either.

Although it has little to do with physical intelligence, I have the same IQ as Stephen Hawking had. It has to do with revelation. The intelligence part of it has to do with the ability to explain it. Really, it's impossible to fully explain. Although I can explain it quite well in modern and technological vernacular.

Jaden
edit on 5-4-2018 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
"The ecclesiastical description of Hell is that of a horrible place of fire and torment; in Dante’s Inferno, and in northern climes, it was thought to be an icy cold region, a giant refrigerator.”
-Anton Lavey

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
If you remember the sounds of hell whether fake or not. For days in my audio hearing (call it schiz if you want its not) i heard multiple waveforms like lava all around me and the voices in that was affected by the energy waves making them..flangy? I guess. The voices were disembodied sounding as they spoke. The sound was not from a point like a tv but everywhere. It sounded as if another dimension had opened up to me.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
Really, it's impossible to fully explain. Although I can explain it quite well in modern and technological vernacular.

You're not doing so well so far.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It's been hell of a cold here lately. But Hell is in lower Michigan and it is warmer there than here in the Upper Michigan. en.wikipedia.org...

There's a picture floating around the internet of the road sign for Hell, with icicles hanging off it.

Edit: found it:

I've often wondered if we create our own afterlife. Good people go to heaven because, simply put, they believe they should. Similarly, bad people know, deep down, that they don't deserve heaven, so they don't get it. Atheists believe they cease to exist after they die, so they do.
edit on 5-4-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Only a Satanist would convince people that hell is a cool place.

You can't fool me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join