It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell- hot or cold?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Whether or not you believe in hell, I can prove logically that hell is actually cold. This is not explicitly 'christian' hell, just any form of afterlife involving the punishment for or atonement of crimes committed in life.

The argument is thus:

Things which ARE: life, truth, heat, and light.

Things which ARE NOT: death, lies, cold, and dark.

The reasoning is thusly: scientifically speaking, true, objective cold does not exist. On the kelvin scale, everything is a measurement of how much heat there is in a system- and zero degrees kelvin, or 'absolute zerp, aka the lowest temperature possible... is 'no heat'. For cold to truly exist, it would have to be -1 kelvin and lower... but this is not possible. Thus, the only thing that exists is heat, or the lack of it- and 'cold' only exists relative to the degree of heat. Thus cold is illusory, while heat is real. Some might call absolute zero true cold but that's not cold, that's just no heat.

The same, I propose, with life, truth, and light. All we know is life- and then the cessation of it. But not-life is not dwath, just as not-heat is not cold.

And light- we only ever experience degrees of light- lots, little, or none- it would be impossible to have negative light, which darkness would have to be.

And truth- even a lie, as we commonly experience the word, can not ever fully be a lie- for a lie is only a lie once you compare it to reality. Taken as itself for reference, even a lie is 100% true.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Cold and humming with mosquitoes. So, basically Alaska.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

You could also drill that down to... cold conditions typically will create more dire circumstances than hot conditions.

First off the top of my head? Crops and food production.

Odd that we are constantly being led to fear a little more warmth and nobody talks about the threats that extreme cold present.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I read this back in '99 or 2000. It's funny...

A true story. A thermodynamics professor had written a take home exam for his graduate students. It had one question:

“Is hell exothermic or endothermic? Support your answer with a proof.”

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle’s Law or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

“First, we postulate that if souls exist, then they must have some mass. If they do, then a mole of souls can also have a mass. So, at what rate are souls moving into hell and at what rate are souls leaving? I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for souls entering hell, lets look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and all souls go to hell.

With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change in volume in hell. Boyle’s Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in hell to stay the same, the ratio of the mass of souls and volume needs to stay constant.

So, if hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter hell, then the temperature and pressure in hell will increase until all hell breaks loose.

Of course, if hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in hell, than the temperature and pressure will drop until hell freezes over.”
www.snopes.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think it will be whatever torments most, so my personal hell would be cold.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hot? Cold?

Either way I do not think I don't think a fantasy land for evil doers would make for the best holiday deistination.

Just head to Spain like the rest of us.
edit on 4-4-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It is kind of ironic that 'the heavens' are in fact an endless dark vacuum of cold near absolute zero.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It's been hell of a cold here lately. But Hell is in lower Michigan and it is warmer there than here in the Upper Michigan. en.wikipedia.org...

Although, if you love winter sports, it is heaven up here.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Here's another idea: What if hell is neither literally hot nor cold?

The Bible speaks of consumption by fire. But what if we're not talking about a literal fire, here.

We spend our lives defining who and what we are by the things we pursue. If a person pursues things in this life that are strictly of this world - what the Bible calls lusts of the flesh, lusts of the eyes and the pride of life

I John 2:16 - For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.

Then when he passes from this existence to the next, his entire being is defined by, made up of and attached to those three things. The problem is that since they are "from the world" or "of the world," but this poor soul has passed on from this world, then his "soul" can only be satisfied by those things, but where he is now, those things do not exist.

The result is an eternal burning for things that he spent his life learning to love and live off of, but that for him no longer exist. What if this is the unquenchable burning that the scriptures speak of?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

As with all words, they represent a concept, not an objective reality and as such they exist as the concept they represent.

Cold is simply a subjective reference to a physical feeling by a person and as such exists. As objective reality, cold is simply a subjective reference to a temperature. Temperature is referenced in one of the many scales and heat is simply the acting of elevating on that scale and cold is the acting of decreasing on that scale.

Jaden

p.s. Hell, is absolute cold, or rather, absolute separation from the energy of God.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Its described as having people nashing their teeth, and filled with fire and brim stones.....so Hot.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Why think inside the box?

How about a bizarre sort of 'gravity' that constantly pulls on you and makes your stomach turn. And to top it off you have zero privacy. And all of the pet peeves that annoy the hell out of you the entire list happens daily. And the water is dirty with no ice. And no citrus fruit anything. And no toilet or drain hole even. And stomach ulcers with no tums even. And no nail or hair clippers. And authoritarian bastards bent on humiliating you. And shoes with rotted inner souls, but no socks. And Hillary Clinton cackling over a loudspeaker all day. FOREVER.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
What if hell is the bottom of the world. Antarctica. It's a frozen but dry as a desert. People that suffer from hypothermia in the cold have symptoms of burning up and are often found naked, stripping off their clothes. The underworld of Antarctica is a land of volcanoes. The most volcanoes of any continent. Maybe the bottomless pit is locked up under miles of frozen ice.
edit on 4-4-2018 by TamtammyMacx because: s

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

You are in Hell now Sir/Madam... The object is to 'Ascend' from Your current ecological niche.

Best of Luck

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well, I'm not planning on taking my corporeal body with me so I seriously doubt I will feel heat, cold, or basically anything (wherever I end up).

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Dante said it was cold at the center but various torments in the outer rings included fire.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
read the bible

hell has " molten sulphur "

sulphur . melting point = 115 centigrade . boiling point 444 centigrade

so the temperature of hell = inbetween these points

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
For cold to truly exist, it would have to be -1 kelvin and lower.
WRONG it Does exist lol www.livescience.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Isn't the whole point of Hell that you would be on fire but not actually consumed by it, so that the torture and agony would last billions of years, essentially an eternity?

Seems like an odd thing for a caring, kind God who helps me win my football games to do. But he's a character!

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Hell is self imposed; however, to understand how, you would also have to understand how all of existence is a part of God. It would take volumes to fully explain it. I may get around to writing them one day.

Jaden

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join