It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBD oil experiences?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I have some pretty severe back and knee pain from all my years in the military and hard living.

Been hearing lots of things about CBD oil, but its all just advertisements etc.

Does anyone here have any personal experience with CBD oil and what your experience was?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

I've started taking it for my anxiety and panic attacks, both are near non existence now. I've been using it for about 3 weeks, I take 2-3 drops 3 times a day.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

just one guys opinion but i think a pretty high mg CBD would work for moderate pain.
ive had a severe back injury too as well as the hand injury.
ive tried it and in certain doses it was better than nothing.

to be fair though i take 20 milligrams of hydrocodone every day so i think that has something to do with why i feel it may not work as well as i hoped.
i think if you take no meds other than otc asperin or something like that you would get a little better result.

i wish i could say its the best ever but for me it wasnt.
better than nothing for sure

also though i am trying to make some life changes and i am 3 days with no hydrocodone.
i want it out of my system completely and then this weekend i will be getting some CBD oil to try again.

definitely try it man.

cant hurt.

i know people that get better results than me but their situation is a bit different

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Cbd or opiates, I know witch one I would prefer

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

It work's, not as good as some powerful pain relief but has a hell of a lot less side effect's.

Look's like something Cheech and Chong might drink out of a bong.

Usually comes in a small bottle with a pippet that you use to put a small drop under your tongue which you have to keep there as long as possible to allow it to pass through into your bloodstream that way since swallowing it neutralizes the oil.

Tastes like greasy tobacco water - not that I have ever tasted that but tastes like Tobacco smell's - to me anyway (I do not smoke).

Lost my mother to cancer a little over a month back and it does help with anxiety and depression, also I suffer chronic sciatica especially down my right side from some nerve damage - probably not as severe as your's since I suffered it in an industrial accident then kept working so aggravated it and made it worse over time but it does help with that as well - then again my niece whom introduced me to it got me a strong version.

Like I say tastes bloody awful but you don't mind so long as it help's a little with the pain but definitely not a cure for it just might make you not mind as much - depends on how bad it is on the day though.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

I've started taking it for my anxiety and panic attacks, both are near non existence now. I've been using it for about 3 weeks, I take 2-3 drops 3 times a day.

Just wondering will CBD oil show up on a drug scree? I get pretty bad panic attacks but I don’t like taking pills of any kind. Does it produce any kind of altered state like thc?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

You might want to hit a vape shop that sells cbd oil and get the vapable cbd oil.

When you vape you get a higher percentage of the cbd oil absorbed in your body.

Get yourself a good vape that will last a while. Not the 10 dollar vape pen.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Andres0892

Not if it's legit
People do get from untrusted sources and it's tainted

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Andres0892

Does it produce any kind of altered state like thc?

CBD is non-psychoactive, meaning no, it does not give you an altered state of any kind. It can even be extracted from plants that don't have THC, so if you are getting pure-grade stuff that is properly tested and legitimately what is advertised, it should not show up on drug screenings (do your due diligence though)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Had some bad tooth pain. A few drops took the pain away quickly although temporarily.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It’s mostly snake oil. Really the only effects you feel are placebo related. You take it and you convince yourself that something has happened so it does happen in your brain.

You would be better off just using thc/cbd combined oil that actually does something.

From someone who has been researching cannabinoids extensively for years now.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I've never tried the oil but i've had CBD capsules before. My back's #ed from many years of hard work now and i've always had trouble sleeping. I dont take them all the time but when I do think to get them I usually take a low dose THC cap first 30-50mg then about a half hour later i take 1 or two 10mg CBD ones. I take it with thc because it'a supposed to enhance the cbd and the will counteract with the CBD, so once the CBD ones kick in you don't really get stoned. Within about 20 minutes or so my body usually gets kinda rubbery and relaxed, sorta like after coming out of a massage or a hot tub or something. Then I usually just get really sleepy and relaxed. I'll take them maybe an hour, hour and a half before bed. I do wake up feeling a bit groggy sometimes, not tired, it just tends to take a little longer before I feel awake. Nothing coffee doesnt clear up.

These are my experiences hope this helps.
edit on 4/4/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/4/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I work in the oilfield and I find myself constantly having one kind of pain or another from time to time. Im not one to take much of anything for pain other than ibuprofen. After much discussion with my wife I gave in and tried it. I have taken cbd oil on several occasions now and used this relief cream on my aches and I admit it works. Really well. I order my oils from puresthemp.net

I did my due diligence on the company and what they had. The prices are reasonable and the products worked for me.

By the way I did look into whether or not it showed up on a drug test and from what i’ve found it’s Highly unlikely.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I have some hemp derived CBD oil gelcaps I tried for my epilepsy, one tablet actually lasts over twenty four hours to keep my brain dampened. I have only used two, I consider them a good medicine if I can't use diet to control it. Sometimes during the holidays or eating out a lot, I tend to blow it. I like to properly evaluate things by testing on myself. No buzz off of the hemp oil but it definitely does calm.

When I took the hemp CBD oil, I did not feel like doing research, I just wanted to chill out and play. I am not into doing that every day anymore, back when I toked, I was not at all interested in getting ahead. I now want to study medicine as related to food chemistry, that is a very complicated correlation. I know some of the opposing properties of endocannabinoids and nootropics, Trying to find a balance is important. It is almost as if the endocanabinoids stimulate the subconscious to repair while nootropics stimulate the conscious to have more learning ability. A balance is important, maybe cycling will work. I do not have time to actually test this on myself and evaluate it, I also do not have the equipment needed to research this idea.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Andres0892

Just wondering will CBD oil show up on a drug scree? I get pretty bad panic attacks but I don’t like taking pills of any kind. Does it produce any kind of altered state like thc?

It takes an ungodly amount of CBD consumption for any thc to show up on a urine test. If I remember correctly (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but you have to consume around 2500mg of CBD for the minimum THC levels that tests show.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: imthegoat

originally posted by: Andres0892

It takes an ungodly amount of CBD consumption for any thc to show up on a urine test. If I remember correctly (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but you have to consume around 2500mg of CBD for the minimum THC levels that tests show.

It really depends on the concentration of thc in the oil you take. But yes an ungodly amount is about the right amount it’ll take to pop positive on a urinalysis.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
It’s mostly snake oil. Really the only effects you feel are placebo related. You take it and you convince yourself that something has happened so it does happen in your brain.

You would be better off just using thc/cbd combined oil that actually does something.

I disagree but the full monty is of course better

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
i've used topical CBD Oil for my knee's.
I have had two knee surgeries and used CBD to help with the swelling and joint pain.
I thought it helped relieve the pain and swelling a little more than had i not used it. My friend had a similar experience when he used it on his knee too.

I'd say the topical oil was a plus for the knee problems.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I'm a firm believer in CBD oil. I use it and so do My dogs. My female is in the last stages of Her Life and for the last 9 months I've been adding a drop or 2 to Her meals. Her teeth are hurting too so I'll mix in oysters and clams and 'fish steaks' to soften the dry food. She started actually 'running' at the dog park about 2 weeks after I started.

I was medically retired from a Ca. police dep't. and am 'bone on bone' in My neck and 'bone on bone on bone' in My back and 7 different surgeons have deemed My condition thus far is, "inoperable" so I make due with opiates and Cannabis. I'm convinced that My opiate prescription is the same as when I started 14 years ago because I use the Cannabis and also exercise daily (dog park where I also work the world's largest Zen Garden by raking a dirt path) Meditation, Yoga and TaiChi.

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

This. You need the whole plant. The CBD oil market is saturated due to the hemp-derived products -- those are a no-go. If you're in a state with medicinal/recreational cannabis, do your due diligence with respect to the THC/CBD ratio...you can get some very effective medicine without having to bust out the ding-dongs as a 'side-effect'.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join