It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prestigious US university hosting "Christian privilege" seminar

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: amazing

Then I better hope from now on that I only ever interview with blonde haired, blue eyed women.

Am I right?

Nah...that's just one commonality. It's not all based on looks, that's one thing I was trying to get across and it doesn't always work...there are many exceptions.

Then it doesn't sound like your premise is very sound. If it doesn't always work and isn't always based on looks, then you can't really definitely say that it exists very much or in any tangibly quantifiable form, not in enough of a way to make a real impact in a statistically significant manner.

The only way you could even begin to make that argument is that because group X is a large majority ... well so many of them appear to favor so many others of the same group, but well, that's what happens when you have a large enough majority simply by sheer force of numbers and nothing else.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

a reply to: amazing

Then I better hope from now on that I only ever interview with blonde haired, blue eyed women.

Am I right?

Nah...that's just one commonality. It's not all based on looks, that's one thing I was trying to get across and it doesn't always work...there are many exceptions.

Then it doesn't sound like your premise is very sound. If it doesn't always work and isn't always based on looks, then you can't really definitely say that it exists very much or in any tangibly quantifiable form, not in enough of a way to make a real impact in a statistically significant manner.

The only way you could even begin to make that argument is that because group X is a large majority ... well so many of them appear to favor so many others of the same group, but well, that's what happens when you have a large enough majority simply by sheer force of numbers and nothing else.

I don't think so. Say you were a Muslim moving to Israel. A jew would have a much easier time getting a job, getting ahead etc. Not that a Muslim couldn't, just that he'd have to work a little harder at it. That's one example.

The other is Sales. I've been doing sales for 2 decades and reading sales books and watching sales videos the whole time.

People will actually buy from other people that they identify with more. I know a guy that will facebook and internet search people that are coming into his shop. If he finds out they like Metallica, he has that playing before they walk in the door. It works for him. He makes lots of money.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Privilege of some sort is the cause du jour for the weak minded. One can even call out "black privilege" as quota systems provide such. The concepts of a specific 'identity privilege' or 'cultural appropriation' are mutations of identity politics which is, in itself, based on the false assumption that a group is monotonic.

If we were to equate everything to race, every sports team would be half female. Of the total, 12% would be black and the rest would be white, Hispanic, native American, and so forth in numbers proportional to the population. Then we must mix in Christian, including subsets, Jewish, Islamic, Bahai, Shinto, Buddhist, Sikhs, Jains, Hindus, and so on. What would the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL look like? Would they have the best players?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I confess to being greatly amused by all the white Christian folk splainin' how 'privileged' status doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
I confess to being greatly amused by all the white Christian folk splainin' how 'privileged' status doesn't exist.

Who might they be?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

The only place I ever saw it was Utah, Nevada and Idaho

You saw it in three states but it doesn't exist?!

In politics Christians are certainly priviledged and often in business too it seems, plus all that networking they get from church.

I wish they had an atheist church where I live so I could get more connected and get some privileges.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
how is this not racist. you cant claim to be a minority and pull this crap at the same time.

can you imagine if the white devil tried to do something like this the other way around...

the town would burn to the ground overnight if the roles were reversed.
edit on 4-4-2018 by JourneymanWelder because: words

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

gee, in my city there is a group of athiests that have regular meetings and such...
along with many other groups based on various interests, professions, religions, heritages, ect.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

umm... christianity is not a race???

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Christian privilege?
The comments I read here and other places directed at Christianity says otherwise. In fact I'd go as far to say they are actually persecuted by a particular group of green haired basement dwellers who believe in "nothing".

posted on Apr, 6 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

The only place I ever saw it was Utah, Nevada and Idaho

I wish they had an atheist church where I live so I could get more connected and get some privileges.

Silly leftist you don't need a church. You already worship at the alter of the state.

posted on Apr, 7 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

ya know, it's kind of hard to cry "persecuted" when there seems to be a church less than 5 miles in one direction or another regardless of where you live. churches everywhere, no matter the flavor of christianity suits you there is one for you. you are free to worship you god however you want, just like everyone else...
as long as your worship doesn't impede on other's rights to live their life according to how they believe.
society trying to prevent you from impeding on their rights as citizens does not equal persecution, it's equals protecting their rights as citizens.

posted on Apr, 8 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

which kind of christians specifically?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join