It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"This is EXTREMELY dangerous to our democracy"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I can't wait to see the one from the liberal lefty media

This is the Fox News one is it?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
people have become confused from decades of broadcast media using the word "democracy" constantly, because of that people think america is about majority rule, the media made people ignorant of how things work, made people forget what equality means, made people forget how much power they actually posses. just look at how people have started demanding the end of the electoral college, demanding mob rule.

the media has always been a tool of the powerful, the media exists to manipulate with intentions, to me mass media has always been the real threat to free speech, peace and equality, the way they are declaring how questioning them is dangerous to democracy proves how dangerous they really are, because the whole point of free speech is to exchange ideas and question everything.

questioning everything is not dangerous to our republic and the media has no right to demand that we don't question them, question everything, even yourself. if you don't question anything you are dangerous to this republic.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I absolutely fail to see the problem.

Maybe someone can enlighten me because when leftist are exposed doing this -- it's ok... but now, only now when it's pro-Tump is there a problem. How is this any different than what CNN does or the New York Times, etc?
edit on 1-4-2018 by rockdisjoint2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
What too many people fail to realize is that we do not live in a solely democratic nation. We live in a Republic that its ideals and authorities are set fourth in our Constitution that our representatives swear to uphold and defend. We simply elect our representatives by a democratic process to interpret that constitution and govern our nation by the rules set fourth in it. If we were ruled solely by democratic process we would be essentially governed by mob rule.

The false idea of democratic rule has usurped our Republican Constitution.

Yes, we have a democratic republic and its been working like it was intended. People that want to get rid of the electoral college are the ones that want mob rule.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

I don't care!!!!

I still want to watch that smoking hot babe Kimberly Guilfoyle, she could tell me the sky is raining unicorns and I would believe it because: boobs.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Novaroc

You forgot something:
CNN Split Screen Interview in SAME Parking Lot

edit on st2018000000Sundayst000000Sun, 01 Apr 2018 10:46:11 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSun, 01 Apr 2018 10:46:11 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Older people have been exposed to this kind of 'sameness' in broadcasting since forever. News "Outlets" all read from the same News "Wire", in my day known as UPI or AP: United Press International or Associated Press. It was all too obvious but heralded from a time when we expected to hear the same thing because if they all agreed, it must be true.

The hidden program is repetition of the same thing so everyone is on the same page.

Programming works, you are programmed by this in more ways than you know.

It doesn't matter which channel you get it from.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
many people, in rural areas, of my parents' generation, use the local news as their primary news source.
this does matter.

I live in an extremely rural area. The majority of folks in my community moved here from big cities. We don't rely on local tv news any more than city people do. The face of rural America is changing as people flee sick, corrupt cities.

We're connected to the same internet as everyone else. Ranchers on horseback carry smart phones, some use drones to help with cattle. I saw a UPS driver hand off a package to a guy on horseback. Rural people use the internet for news/supplies we can't get locally, it's become a vital tool.

You'll find ATS members, especially in the survival forum, who live in or are in the process of moving to the country/going off the grid. Folks around me have done just that, we're very much like the people here on ATS.

Since pot has been legalized, we've seen an influx of well funded/educated people moving to our countryside. Imo we're getting the cream of the crop from cities. Colorado is made up of a lot of little country towns, legalization was a pretty progressive move for such a rural state.

Although our numbers are growing exponentially the country lifestyle is being preserved. Newcomers don't have to bring the city with them when the internet provides everything we need from cities without actually having to live in them. Be careful how you generalize/underestimate modern rural people.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
I love when someone puts together these types of videos. It really illustrates the agenda being pushed at any one time. I remember when our UK politicians had the 'sustainable' script. Now the buzz word is 'clearly'. Theresa May is ALWAYS saying this word, and I have noticed others also. It is obvious when a not so long in the tooth MP, who has been told to use it, put is in a context that doesn't require it and it comes over as an after thought that was just pushed in there coz they remembered they had to say it. Makes me laugh and cringe all at the same time.

"austerity measures" is another. You can look through all the political speeches and see the top phrases like "The British Dream", "Coalition of Chaos".

www.britishpoliticalspeech.org...

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
all the MSM's a stage. talk about an echo chamber.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Previously posted here...

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join