It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White South African gets 2 years for "K" word

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

To better understand the "they deserve what they get" attitude see;
thegrapevine.theroot.com...

Its a prevalent viewpoint with some groups in the US.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Thanks for that Tony, it was enlightening.

Here’s an idea for these poor, sad, white South Africans: Get a job. Work harder. Do better. Don’t rely on the government so much. Stop having kids. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Go back to your own country.

The gall of these people is incredible. Truly ah-mazing.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Angela Helm
Ms. Bronner Helm is Contributing Editor at The Root. Wu-Tang, Womanism & Wakanda forever.

There are dozens and dozens of BEE (Black Economic Empowerment) laws that deny employment to Whites on a ratio basis. Companies must hire people by percentages reflected in the population. For every 10 Blacks they can hire 1 White. The merit system is gone. How can you work harder if you can't get a job? They are in their own country, been there since 1652. The gall is incredible, ah-mazing...btw Angela Wakanda isn't a real place.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

SA has become a terrible place over the years. I'd never go there, at one point I wanted to.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Hopefully, you recognized her sarcasm.

Many believe that the whites deserve to be treated as badly as the blacks were treated by the whites in SA.

By the same token, that same logic is applied by many in US communities of POC as necessary reparations for slavery in the US. As whites become just another minority in the US, its likely this logic will be applied to them to justify job discrimination, discrimination in education and possibly even to strip property from them.

Actually, that may all simply be inevitable.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Our company went into SA big last spring now a year later it's tough to get marketing people to go. Many came back for Christmas and will never go back. Only hearing bits from a friend in our marketing video department. He went there to help setup a similar shop there. Not worth the problems in his mind let the SA people do what they want because that's what they are going to do anyway.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Honestly I'm having a hard time empathizing with her.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

We already have it.

Diversity already demands a certain amount of proportionality in hiring practice that is soft-enforced throughout HR depts. in the US.

There is also a system of weighting that is done via affirmative action in university admissions that lowers the test scores of Asian and white students and raises the test scores of Hispanic and black students to level the playing field.

This sort of thing is likely a big factor in why notorious little David Hogg did not get accepted into the university of choice on top of his already mediocre test scores.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Honestly I'm having a hard time empathizing with her.

I'm sure you are and that honestly doesn't surprise me.

Of course none of this leads anyone to the so-called racial harmony any of us say we want, but I guess we're all just really racists at heart, including you. Is that right? Or are you just letting your little revenge monster out for a stroll today?

I'd like to see something happen where people realize that treating others the way they perceive themselves to have been treated isn't always the answer, but maybe that's just me. I'd like to see that happen here too. But people cannot be given the things they say they want. They actually really can't. So, sure, SA blacks can move in and take what others have away from them, but the skills and experience to make those things prosperous are things they cannot take.

They discovered that in both Zimbabwe and in Palestine. They even discovered that to a certain extent in Venezuela.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
South Africa = get out while you still can!

It's called karma. What goes around comes around.

Permanent imprisonment is the best thing for racists.

You can't change them or reintegrate them back into society, just like paedophiles.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

You can't change them or reintegrate them back into society, just like paedophiles.

Which colored skin of racists are you talking about in South Africa? I thought you had to be in a position of power to be racist towards another group and practice systemic societal discrimination based on their appearance and oppress them?

Which group is now in power there?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Naaw nothing that deep, I saw the vid, she was being racist AF and the cops tried their best, I reserve my empathy for those who are truly deserving.
edit on 2-4-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The Zulu nation was founded in 1800's. Whites had been living in South Africa for nearly 200 years before that.

The Africaan's don't have a leg to stand on other than owning a greater population by "race", as if that gives them some amount of linked right, even though we established a line above they weren't there first.

So, it does all boil down to race.

It would appear that when one race significantly outweighs another, it will implement forceful control over the other. Unless, of course, you have an "enlightened" population who changes the tide.

How are we in Western societies able to overcome this primal opportunity to dominate the smaller group and play more fairly amongst each other?

However, it should not be believed that fairness is akin only to humans, as evidenced by nearly every species their supreme ability to harmonize with nature's balance, only recently observed by scientists.

But such visual difference and Western societies ability to ignore these natural cues are unique. They are not infallible, as the early US and Spanish slave history shows.

IQ?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So the women was stopped by a cop and started calling him the K word .
and ends up a year in jail and it was because she is white ?
lord please forgive me being white and now we start sounding just like the people who cry about life 150 years agaio .

Face the fact this women went into Detroit and started this with a black cop or any one else for all that matters it would have ended with her dead .
As for africa if I lived there I would have left but if i lived in Detroit I would have left or or or or just pick a hell hole here there any ware I would be any place but there .

You know I am Irish if i was there they would expect me to pick a side prosident or catholic in taht stupid little war that has been going on from the religions conception .

Really glad my great graet grand parents had sense enough to get out .

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Trends in higher education are complex and constantly changing.

As the "environment" at the US Colleges/Universities becomes ever more hostile to the white population, ever more of those students are seeking degrees overseas.

See: www.nafsa.org...

And See: www.forbes.com...

Of course, its still a relatively small number compared to the total, but its a trend that should definitely be encouraged and for a variety of reasons. One of the biggest reasons is that in some cases, it can be less expensive. It may, for example, and I think it is, be the case that if a student is fluent in French, they can attend the Sorbonne for free. Of course, living in France isn't free unless you're adept at living "rough" as the Brits would say.

There are numerous advantages to getting degrees overseas, particularly with China ascendant as the next world super power. But truly, in a globalized economy, many jobs at US firms are going begging as they struggle to attract US employees that can speak a foreign language and are studied in other cultures.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

The Zulu nation was founded in 1800's. Whites had been living in South Africa for nearly 200 years before that. 

Really??
Kingdom of Mapungubwe established 1075.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

How are we in Western societies able to overcome this primal opportunity to dominate the smaller group and play more fairly amongst each other.

Did we?? and if so when??.

IQ?

Hahaha..."sigh" couldn't help yourself could you..

Naaw only White ppl like Martin Luther King ,Gandhi ,Jesus and Buddha I'd even throw in Mandela in his later yrs, could over come their natural inclinations.

But off course this have nothing to do with the racist loud ratchet lady, and every thing to do with the land redistribution, again here I can have empathy, but still see a massive problem that need to be solved some how ,after all 80% of the population is landless and 8% owning ..well 80% of said land.
Whatever the solution is , it should make everyone equally pissed off or equally happy , that would indicate fairness.

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The second SA compromises private land ownership is the very second they cease to exist as a nation in any meaningful way. Corporations and investors will flee in droves, leaving nothing but third world problems and eternal destitution.

Redistribution. Sounds about right: absolutely stupidity. Then again, spineless thieves will be spineless thieves!

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

It seems to me that we are busy creating a society where everyone is an -ist because that's what we expect of ourselves.

It's all about me, me, me, and if I don't get what I think I should have out of life, then that's your problem ... likely because you're racist or sexist or a misogynist or some form of -phobe or some combination of all of the above. Let's totally ignore that that attitude I have now would make me a bigot against you because that doesn't matter we've already established that my lack is all your fault and so long as the world agrees, that's all that matters.

Welcome to modern society!

Good luck!

I'll just sit over here and watch you all burn it down in your quest to conquer everyone else.
edit on 2-4-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Seems like it is time for people to either leave South Africa, or stand and physically fight to reclaim the modern country they built. Why in the blue hell did they allow this to happen in the first place? They held control, why ever let it slip from them even a fraction of a inch when it was easily predictable that what we're seeing now would be the ultimate result, eventually followed by total destruction of all things good and prosperous within their country?

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Personally, I don't see how even native South Africans can ever sort this out and implement a system that anyone concerned would even consider "fair". Here's a short list of things that have led to the current situation:
* Not necessarily in chronological order

First settlers imported slaves, slavery remains legal until 1836.
Khoikhoi tribes inhabit lands near Cape Colony leading to first tribal wars.
First Boer moving North encounter few tribes.
1816 English control of cape spurs Boers to move further North eventually establishing 2 Republics.
Boers fight several tribes including Zulus and make treaties for land.
There were several tribes who would suffer greatly by colonization.
Many other tribes were scattered by the Zulu invading Southward leaving empty lands.
English take control of South Africa and struggle with Boers to keep them in the Dominion, fighting 2 wars to bring them back in.
Diamonds and God discovered in 1860's leading to eventual end of Boer Republics.
England dominates South Africa and many laws regarding race later become Apartheid policy after 1948.
Many Blacks brought in for labor during WW 2 after the war are jobless and crime becomes problematic.
1948 - National Party elected and Apartheid becomes law.
3 Million Blacks forcibly relocated from Whites-only areas.
Many instances of interracial violence, government-sanctioned against Blacks
Mandela and others resort to terrorism to end Apartheid. bombings, necklacing and landmines become commonplace.
Marxism used to rally Blacks against Apartheid
1994 Apartheid ends and government gradually falls to greed and chaos. Basic services failing, economy failing, rand falling, poverty on the rise.
1950 census: 3 million Whites, 12 Million Blacks. Whites 21% of population - percentage virtually unchanged from 1904
2016: 4 million Whites, 50 Million Blacks. Whites 8% of population

Many whites were against Apartheid, fear was the mechanism to keep Apartheid rule. Crime increased after the end of Apartheid, some economic and some simply vengeance. Extreme brutality is hallmark of farm murders. Many Blacks were indeed dispossessed of land, this is fact. White society has led to increased income, longevity and birth rates among Blacks. Benefits of modern society seen by many but not felt shared, especially economically. Large number of Blacks are 1st or 2nd generation economic immigrants from bordering African states. AIDS spreading drastically since end of Apartheid.

One could go on and on with each side having benefited and impacted negatively by the other. What's important now is that economic status has changed little for most Blacks and the hopes and promises post Apartheid are unfulfilled. This is why they are pinning so much hope on land confiscation. It has been promised and now the cow is out of the barn so to speak. I don't think it's going back in either.

The government is incapable of stopping illegal land grabs should it become a popular movement even if they wanted - which is a question only the ANC and EFF know the answer to. How many of these confiscations will turn violent is another matter of how the state handles it.

Food scarcity is bound to follow if the farms cease operating so are they willing to cut their own throats for short-term political gain? These are the kinds of question that swirl around the land issue and the future of South Africa.

Holding on to the past can lead to nothing except violence.
Spreading equity among the populace may alleviate tensions but will not repair economy.

edit on 2-4-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Seems like it is time for people to either leave South Africa, or stand and physically fight to reclaim the modern country they built. Why in the blue hell did they allow this to happen in the first place? They held control, why ever let it slip from them even a fraction of a inch when it was easily predictable that what we're seeing now would be the ultimate result, eventually followed by total destruction of all things good and prosperous within their country?

Yeah, they had control, but it was the wrong kind of control.

I get what you are saying in terms of what has happened. The people who took control from them were a mix of those not ready to take control and those who only wanted to use as an opportunity to take revenge. The best answer would have been a slow, generational hand-over with the successors being educated with the task at hand in mind.

But that would have meant asking the ones who'd been treated badly to be able to trust that those had abused them could be trusted for at least an entire generation and it demands an extraordinary amount of patience from those ill used.

I don't think you could realistically expect that to happen either.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join