It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democracy at its root is a leftist ideology

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Garbage propaganda..

She is saying she wouldn’t have grandfathered in FULL AUTOMATIC WEAPONS. That WERE ABSOLUTELY GRANDFATHERED IN...

Suprise.. suprise..

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

It is something everyone already agrees on

I believe the actual numbers indicate overwhelming opposition to any sort of AWB or future manufacturing ban. There is overwhelming support for enforcing existing laws (less than 1% of federal gun crimes are prosecuted presently), expanding background checks by providing private seller NICS query access, expanding mental health services, mandatory public funded training, and creating severe mandatory sentencing for violent crime, gang crime..any crime committed with a gun.

Too many violent criminals are given second chances in society, and sent right back out on the streets to continue their lives of violence and crime. Beyond that, limiting accessing to firearms by individuals with dangerous mental illness is another option. Upholding due process is paramount with this as it is with all other legal issues, of course, but it could certainly be done

Hell, there are no warm bodies willing to do it.. the cops wouldn’t.. the army wouldn’t...

Agreed. It would be unconstitutional and as you said no one is willing to even attempt it.

If I'm not mistaken, those measures outlined above have ~90% public support. This is a real winner to me, and something I would support

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

ATTENTION!

This thread is NOT in the Political Mud Pit forum!

NO POLITICAL TROLLING HERE.

Keep that in mind as you post your replies and debate on here.

Those posts will be removed. Continuing to do so will also make your posting rights be removed.

As always: Do not reply to this post.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No they haven’t..

Every democrat in the country is forced to give a 45 second disclaimer saying “I will never try and take all the guns” before they are allowed to say a word that starts with the letter G..

It has been political suicide for all of American history..

They are playing people like they are stupid..

“They don’t say they want to, but we know what they really mean..” nod, nod wink, wink illuminati conspiracy to idk...

THERE IS NO MONEY IN CONFISCATION AND A BAN..

THERE IS ZERO PROFIT IN IT..

People don’t pull off grand orcastrated schemes where they are spending money..

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

No they haven’t..

Yes they have.

The biggest denial came in the 90s by herr CLinton.

The Brady Handgun Prevention Act that violated every single persons civil liberty.

The first time in our history we had to incriminate ourselves and get permission to practice a clear right.

That was then followed up by the 'assault' weapons ban that no military in the world carries because machine guns got axed.

No fantasy.

It's the EFFING LAW.

Made by mob rule that says individual rights don't matter, and all of us are somehow 'guilty' a crime we've never committed.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harpua
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Its a fantasy that it will ever happen.

Same with abortion rights... people can scream all they want to but there is literally zero chance they pass legislation banning it outright. Even conservative politicians with half a brain know its a non starter, but you gotta keep the dream alive to get those votes.

Yes but you know it was precisely the far end of the issue and demand for the right, partial birth abortion, that has like a fatally error alerted our society to the nature of the energy behind the push for abortions over all. Abortion as some sort of great shift toward a freer world idea has suffered a major blow with this exposure of a blood lust in the name of some right. A lust far greater than what can even begin to be conjured up from the colorful anti 2nd amendment opponents troff or accusation toward that right.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Same with abortion rights... people can scream all they want to but there is literally zero chance they pass legislation banning it outright. Even conservative politicians with half a brain know its a non starter, but you gotta keep the dream alive to get those votes.

Yes but you know it was precisely the far end of the issue and demand for the right, partial birth abortion, that has like a fatally error alerted our society to the nature of the energy behind the push for abortions over all. Abortion as some sort of great shift toward a freer world idea has suffered a major blow with this exposure of a blood lust in the name of some right. A lust far greater than what can even begin to be conjured up from the colorful anti 2nd amendment opponents troff or accusation toward that right.

I'm having a hard time understanding what you are trying to convey.

Are you suggesting that women have blood lust to kill the babies inside of them?

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

I'm having a hard time understanding what you are trying to convey.

Are you suggesting that women have blood lust to kill the babies inside of them?

I am saying that the pushers, open militant supporters of partial birth made the entire issue seem like the protocol and domain of the demented.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I think you vastly exaggerating pro choice supporters motives.

It amazes me that some on the right want to force woman to have a baby while simultaneously voting to gut health care, remove maternal leave, stop funding for public school or provide any financial assistance that might make the decision to keep a baby easier.

As the saying goes, "you aren't pro life, your pro birth"

I hope you are at least a woman and not another man trying to control a woman's life.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

If wasn't for the Left, there wouldn't be rights, but if it weren't the right, well you wouldn't be left...you'd be dead.

One hand washes the other, where it take two wings to fly...then crash and burn when getting to close without Sun screen.

edit on 31-3-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)
those are some very Dark Clouds on this beautiful day, Mon Capitan.
edit on 31-3-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Good post. Of course thats why we need an educated populace. Rockefeller wanted to make sure education was hampered and more fitting of creating mindless drones. Another example of some greedy oligarch creating a system that favors his own agenda.

Without a good education, we are only proving Socrates right.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

That doesn’t mean every left wing policy is a good idea, but it does mean that all the good ideas will come from the left wing.. because they are the only ones pushing new policies.. and progress always wins in the end.

The fact that you feel all good ideas come from the left is proof that you are hopelessly naive and biased.

I suppose you will say because only the left comes up with new ideas, that all bad ideas come from the left too.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

re-read his post, he doesn't say every idea is good

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

re-read his post, he doesn't say every idea is good

He says not every left idea is good. But every good idea is left.

That is absurd.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Well, I think he is being a little tongue in cheek and shouldn't speak for him, but one of his points is that since conservatism has a natural inclination of clinging to the past (which might be a good idea at points) is ultimately doomed to fail because everything must progress.

Its not a horrible premise, but I totally get why its potentially offensive.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

A) I meant everyone is in agreement that a total ban and confiscation is a horrible idea..

That it would likely cause a civil war and no law enforcement/military branch would be willing to do it..

Sure people disagree about a ban on the new sale of assault rifle type weapons..

But that is a reasonable policy position on both sides..

B) violent criminals do not get a too lenient a sentence in the US.. we have 10% of our population jailed. Most for getting high in one for or the other..

That is more scare tactic propaganda.. they act like we are on the verge of some violent precipice. When Americans are less violent than they have ever been..

There are just WAY more of us hearing every crazy story that happens nationally.

Conclusion) the right, those wanting to return/uphold to the traditions of the past are not have been scaring the hell out of people with little or no cause..

One group of kids randomly punch’s someone. Then the media pretend it’s a national trend and black teens are playing “ the knockout game with white citizens EVERYWHERE..

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

What good idea.. proven good.. not hypothetically will be good in the future. Has come out of the right??

I noticed you didn’t provide any examples..

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

What good idea.. proven good.. not hypothetically will be good in the future. Has come out of the right??

I noticed you didn’t provide any examples..

Trickle down economics?

never mind, I suck at this game

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

You have defined all new ideas as coming from the left.

So tell me what bad idea has come from the right?

In other words every bad idea in history has came from the left according to you.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

dismantling environmental protections of water and air for short term profits?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join