It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vermont lawmakers pass firearms control bill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Tell yourself what ever you need to. Your "cold hard fact" is opinion. Nothing more. Not to mention wrong.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

The American People are Empowered with this Document , they have a RIGHT to Defend it Against All Enemies of the People both Foreign and Domestic . Simple as that .........

Good luck with that.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

We both have opinions, mine just happens to be if the law is changed and you don't adhere to it then you are a criminal, it's pretty cut and dry no matter how you try and spin it.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

We both have opinions, mine just happens to be if the law is changed and you don't adhere to it then you are a criminal, it's pretty cut and dry no matter how you try and spin it.

Hmmpff.

From what I understand of "the law" the government (city/state/federal) cannot enact a law that would make legal law abiding citizens, criminals.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The times are a changing, I don't really like where it's headed, but at this point who the hell knows what will happen next.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The times are a changing, I don't really like where it's headed, but at this point who the hell knows what will happen next.

Oh I agree.

I imagine there will come a time when the Bill of Rights and Constitution are completely ignored.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

That's how I see it too, with the upcoming generations and their level of indoctrination, I imagine many will willingly give up their rights and freedoms without even knowing that's what they are doing.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

And if this solves nothing then what?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I owe you an apology for my behavior yesterday. I got a bit too heated. Sorry.

Yes we do both have opinions.

...and you aren't necessarily wrong. It annoys me when I have to backtrack...

But, should the worst happen, I will become that innocent criminal. Because that's what I'll be, in essence. A criminal who has done nothing wrong, save be on the wrong end of, well, tyranny.

Yeah, that's overstating...maybe. But that'd be the way to go about it. Remove the right to defend oneself, to be safe in one's own home...or out of it, for that matter.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
no more bills

Vermon t

edit on 1-4-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

laws aren't designed to protect people.
they are there to outline the procedure to take to trial someone who is suspected of committing a crime and if found guilty, the law outlines what the punishment should be.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

No need, I appreciate you doing so however.

There's no easy answer, our representatives do not represent us, people are collectively losing their # on a global scale .

I don't agree with a gun grab, I can just see it happening and I can see Trump getting the ball rolling as he seems to go all out without any thought.

Fun fact, the band silverchair were going to call themselves the innocent criminals, it's a good name.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join