It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dark silent aircraft over UK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Germany would have been in trouble if the Allies had the Herc in Ww2..Especially the gunship version...

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: astra001uk
a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

Hello to you too Yes we have our own strangeness here in Teesside The Middlesbrough hum in the 70s and 80s www.gazettelive.co.uk... then this www.gazettelive.co.uk...

I don't recall the 'Middlesbrough hum' ..... I was a baby then. But I'm familiar with the lights over Eston hills, I never witnessed them but lived in that area at the time. This whole area has an interesting history.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
That's a C-130.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It was the synthetic aperture radar reflective technology that was silent.
Might even be passive systems that work off of ambient radiation and gravity by now.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I got goose-bumps when I read this article.

Last year, my son and I were outside the house (just got out of the car after coming home) it was dark and little or no moon light. I could hear the sound of a jet aircraft quite low; we looked up and saw a small aircraft about the size of an RAF Raytheon Sentinel - not too unusual as we see aircraft all of the time. What was unusual was the aircraft was running (at night) with no lights what so ever, not even anti collision or strobe lights.

As we looked on, saying to each other how strange it was - all of the lights came on, almost as we were saying it.. It flew off on the same flight path heading East and would have passed over Kingston upon Hull (UK) if it maintained its heading.

Very strange, I've seen plenty of aircraft of all types over our house and in the area, but never one at night with no running lights, just seems really dangerous as we are on a fairly regular flight path to the local airport, although admittedly we saw this after the hours of regular flight to that airport so might not have been an issue as the crew probably knew that.

Regards.
edit on 1-4-2018 by 42dragonfly because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 42dragonfly
Not really that unusual to see aircraft run dark. In the last few weeks we have been buzzed at night by 4 ship formations of Blackhawk's at very low level while training up for CT with Commando's and SASR, only one of the 4 having any lights on. And the other night a solitary one flew over after dark going flat chat on an unusual track and never came back. All I saw was a single strobe on the tail with no anti-collision beacons on at all and no nav lights. I would say you saw a Sentinel on exercise and he turned his lights on at the conclusion of the exercise or at least a critical phase of it.

edit on 1-4-2018 by thebozeian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join