It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Americans Want to Save You From Climate Change

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
a reply to: radarloveguy

So who's going to save us from them?

We need teh youth to save us. Look what we've done. I used this example before. The last two elections we had Obama vs Romney and Hillary vs Trump. How dumb is the older generation of Americans? LOL Someone has to save us.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well thanks for all the replies .

I am surprised that Nazis got a mention ,
is this topic that myopic ?

looking forward , I can only suggest a global
initiative using AI to invent new ways around the problems .

If history has shown us anything , it's that ANY problem
has a solution , and awareness is the grandfather of invention.

I am old myself , .... paper bags and no computers ....
The air, water and sea were clean ....

However , sustainability is now the priority.
At least the next gen is motivated towards that goal .
Taming the environment became rape and pillage ...
Profits displaced prophets .....

One step forward , cannot be followed by two steps back .
This is a problem that won't go away on it's own ,
and any initiative , no matter how small ,
applied on a global scale is imperative for
the future of our descendants .

Remember , if you're NOT part of the solution ,
then you're part of the PROBLEM.

And personally , I don't want to be remembered as part of
the generation of losers , ....the one's that killed Nature !

Reducing the argument to make it go away ,
is NOT an option .

Is it so hard to change direction ?
Time to change tack ....

LEE HO !

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

To inform them that the problem isn't as simple as turning off everything that pollutes the planet. That pointing the finger of blame doesn't solve anything.

The problem is that attitude. Might as well gas up the car and travel the countryside or take a Cruise, fly round the world, what the hell everyone does it.

Next giant oil spill, I'll just turn away, no use blaming anyone, its not that simple.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
These kids want power without working for it.... typical me, me, me entitlement beliefs. Money talks, whining walks..

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

That deserves a thread all it's own.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

To inform them that the problem isn't as simple as turning off everything that pollutes the planet. That pointing the finger of blame doesn't solve anything.

The problem is that attitude. Might as well gas up the car and travel the countryside or take a Cruise, fly round the world, what the hell everyone does it.

Next giant oil spill, I'll just turn away, no use blaming anyone, its not that simple.

Wait, are you saying it is as simple as turning everything off? Are you sure you're ready for that? I'm not. I am for change though but I see it as one step at a time down a very long road. My generation isn't going to fix it in time. Neither is playing to the Paris Accord idiots and trading carbon credits.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I do not doubt a single thing in your reply to me, the problem is some states have outlawed going off the grid completely and others are trying to have laws passed that the power company has to install the panels to make certain its correct so the line guy doesn't get electrocuted by feed back from the solar system. (yes its a crock, but they have the lobbyist power)

We have a lot of contradicting rules out there revolving around solar, I have 1 more move I am planning on making to get my kid into a good school district and when I do I am planning on solar panels to alleviate some of the power burden.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: UKTruth

Comparing them to Hitler's youth? I expected LOW, but somehow, not quite that stupid.

Developing children wanting to be part of some exciting big gathering and 'movement' used by politicians to push political agendas. Seems similar to me. This is what indoctrination looks like.

No, this is what social change looks like. It's obviously going to be a thankless job for a while, but somebody's got to do it.
I'll be cheering them on, for their guts and determination. We've had our turn, now it's theirs. I am hoping they can do a better job than we have done.

The rest of us can either help them, or eat their dust.

How utterly ridiculous to discuss turns.

Only a moron would think it is reasonable for children to run the world. When they grow up they can make something of themselves, by which time they will have abandoned their ill-informed ignorant view of the world.
Leftist scumbags and far right scumbags have tried for years to ruin society with their brand of change. The normal people always win out in the end.

edit on 31/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I don't think everything needs to be shut off. Change is happening. It's all around us. One just needs to look. Where I live we have been recycling longer than most young people have been living on this planet.
Where I work we recycle everything. We have barrels out on the work floor for plastics and aluminum.We recycle wood, paper. We take our old electronics to be recycled. Led lighting is becoming second nature. Our plant where I work just went all led. My whole house is LED lighting. We recycle used oil. I drive a car that gets 42 MPH. So if anything I am thinking that where ever these people live they have some catching up to do. Where I live also most all our power is hydroelectric. I like to think the so-called grumpy old people are doing pretty good. Tech will get us to where we need to go but it isn't going happen overnight. Anyone who thinks that doesn't live in reality.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Maybe it's the opposite re education. There are already a host of comprehensive solutions that are not "let's just turn everything off." Also, it sounds like you are passing the buck a bit here. Many people of the previous generation didn't do much or start the transition earlier as they could have going back to the 70's and 80's, and many outside of environmentalists showed little interest. Now, the younger generations have to inherit that societal kinetic energy and preexisting environmental debt.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Their parents should have exercised their abortion rights

Good thing dem der parents will all be dead soon so they dont # up the entire world, including continually wishing death upon younger generations!

Baby boomers: Making bombs go boom and their money lined pockets go boom since who gives a #.

Tbh this isnt about generations, its about soulless # heads.
edit on 3312018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

As an older person I apologize for some of the older people's comments aimed at the young.
I think you are going to be better to the human race and will improve things for the better.
Sorry we helped # up the world.
Please do better than we did.
Oh and don't kill me when I'm really old unless I have bad dementia and can not notice when I poop.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Mind you it has given me an idea for a screen play.
A civil war not between left or right but old v young.
Stateboards v zimmer frames.

Anyone under 30 v anyone over 30.
Who would win?.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

As an older person I apologize for some of the older people's comments aimed at the young.
I think you are going to be better to the human race and will improve things for the better.
Sorry we helped # up the world.
Please do better than we did.
Oh and don't kill me when I'm really old unless I have bad dementia and can not notice when I poop.

Dude thanks, I have not against anyone simply because of their age, unlike some folks here.

I have great friends ranging many ages and im really stoked about that.

You know.

As for the war scenario...id probably defect to the elder crowd.

My generation seems to be filled with brain dead sociopaths.

Perhaps its because a highly psychic remote viewer is stalking me and mind controlling people to # with me....or maybe my generation is just really morally deficient lol.

edit on 3312018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
In the words of the Jordan Peterson -

These kids need to learn how to make their beds and take control of their own lives before they can effect meaningful change in the world.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: intrptr

Wait, are you saying it is as simple as turning everything off? Are you sure you're ready for that? I'm not. I am for change though but I see it as one step at a time down a very long road. My generation isn't going to fix it in time. Neither is playing to the Paris Accord idiots and trading carbon credits.

Your only response seems to be fatalist, 'all or nothing' approach. Cutting back means , might as well "turn it all off". The dogma about global warming and carbon credits is the propaganda to distract from the reality of environmental pollution by big industry, deforestation and habitat destruction, the real 800 pound gorillas in the room.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Young kids are typically the most wise, so we should always follow them. I say 13 is the cutoff after that they aren't wise enough to he listened to.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

So who's going to save us from them?

We need teh youth to save us. Look what we've done. I used this example before. The last two elections we had Obama vs Romney and Hillary vs Trump. How dumb is the older generation of Americans? LOL Someone has to save us.

I know, Right?

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Young kids are typically the most wise, so we should always follow them. I say 13 is the cutoff after that they aren't wise enough to he listened to.

It's true. AT least in the US. Look at our government. All of us over 18 did that to ourselves and have done that for decades. We're pretty stupid.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 23276795]DAVID64
Well said. Could not have said it better

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join