It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When was the last time someone here changed your mind...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Used to be some great posters on here but some got banned or opened their own sites,face it ATS is no different then Facebook,you can go from one to the other,only thing I have learned from here is how quality weighs out over quantity,was a time if I questioned something I would check on here,but all I see is a bunch of liberal posts,and it seems the ones in charge like this millenium because it attracts more traffic and that means more money,look at all the advertisement this place is the new MySpace

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Just about every day.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
I can’t remember the last time I have done that. But I have done it. In doing so I sucked it up and did what every man should do. It should never take you time to mull it over. Rational thinking should not take time.

All thinking takes time.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
I can’t remember the last time I have done that. But I have done it. In doing so I sucked it up and did what every man should do. It should never take you time to mull it over. Rational thinking should not take time.

I’ve never been keen on making quick decisions. I believe, ironically enough, that for me...personally, separating myself from the conversation to isolate my thoughts with those spoken by another, allow me to find contradictions, hypocrisies, truths and lies or anything in between.

If it means I’m slow, then I’m slow, but I prefer to take my time in realizing a truth or a lie. There are so many dishonest people out there and so much disinformation that I feel it unethical and immoral to myself to rush to a judgement of most sorts.

I have had my mind changed...I’m not stubborn and foolish. I just have to compare and contrast it in my own way. Not saying that’s the best way to handle it either...just the best way for me.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

When I first came to ATS I thought Bob Lazar was faking. I don't anymore. Does that count?

Sure. I don’t think there’s a time limit to it. When I look back at 26 year old me and compare it to 36 year old me...I know that I am a completely different person, both of kind and body. My perspective of the myself and the world around me has changed immensely. Over time, information flows and thoughts flow with it.

I get the Bob Lazar thing. It’s crazy how some of the things he said before are proving true today.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Frequently enough, actually.

But I'm always questioning my own beliefs and opinions.

If someone comes along and presents a reasoned/logical argument showing me that I'm wrong, then I try to rectify my mistake immediately by changing my POV to reflect the updated knowledge

(you can thank some of our lefty associates here for that, mostly
)
edit on 3/31/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Yeah, after Lazar started United Nuclear I became convinced his science background is absolutely true. His story is pretty damn credible. And the fact USGOV worked relatively hard (through their Hollyweird and MSM co-conspirators) to make Lazar appear as a "hack" is all the proof I need to believe he's on to something.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Frequently enough, actually.

But I'm always questioning my own beliefs and opinions.

If someone comes along and presents a reasoned/logical argument showing me that I'm wrong, then I try to rectify my mistake immediately by changing my POV to reflect the updated knowledge

(you can thank some of our lefty associates here for that, mostly
)

Wonderful, but you are still going to lead us in "the purge" right?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Oh, there've been many times I've had my mind changed, or at least caused me to pause and think about something from another angle...

It's those moments that keep me here. I first joined, I never envisioned 42000 plus posts, or over ten years of nearly daily log ons.

Many of those members who've made me think in the past are gone, though hardly forgotten. Fortunately, for every one of them that are gone now, for whatever reason, there's at least one here now.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

originally posted by: olaru12
The people that influenced me the most have all been banned.

Same here fella. A lot of my favourites have been banned and others stopped posting in the last couple of years. Two or three were the smartest people I've known around here.

Perhaps a change will come in November....doubt it though!

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Christ!

Are you serious?

I get my ass handed to me about once a week!

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I used to think the USA was the best country in the world but thanks to ATS I realized Canada is better followed by Australia,New Zealand, Iceland,Sweden,UK and Greenland.
iI used to be so naive.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Christ!

Are you serious?

The question is....

Are you serious?

Your clever sarcasm keeps us in a constant state of bafflement and confusion.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Christ!

Are you serious?

The question is....

Are you serious?

I am. Mostly. People who never think they might be wrong are psychopaths.

Your clever sarcasm keeps us in a constant state of bafflement and confusion.

I use sarcasm to hide my confusion.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Not so much changed my mind as they did earn my deepest respect -- ATF1886 & JinMI.

ATF & I buried the polar opposites/nemesis hatchet quite some time ago & even though he hasn't been on here in quite some time, we keep in touch off-site. We may not agree on much of anything political, but at his core, he's a damn good man at heart. It takes a strong person & a good heart to turn a new leaf with someone you used to hate and he extended the olive branch first. THAT effort gets copious respect nods from me no matter who you are.

Jin earns my respect for being an excellent level-headed debater, and not resorting to slinging mud. We've had many exchanges, and they've never felt remotely adversarial. His self-restraint among opposing views does inspire me to try to mirror that quality when I can, but it's tough when buttons are deliberately pushed (don't know how you do it, Jin, but major kudos)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Let's hope so.

Can't see anyone inventing a politician deathray by November though...

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Sled735, and a few others re: Bigfoot. I never believed in Bigfoot even though I heard a giant creature walking out of the woods. I couldn’t quite make out what is was; but having discovered the Missing 411 books and this website, I now believe it may have been Bigfoot (red eyes and all).

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I bring this up for two reasons.

1. On here, specifically, one rarely sees a mind changed. Not that it doesn’t happen...just that it’s very hard to witness. It’s refreshing to see a few members openly admit to having an open mind.

2. On other social media platforms or the comments sections of websites...the dialogue that occurs there is absurd, from an open-minded perspective.

And with that...I worry that with social media, fake news, propaganda and political agendas...open-mindedness is becoming extinct to some degree.

Just a thought, really. Nothing more.

Thank you all for sharing!

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Super mods are effective in changing my posting habits

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
A changed mind is an open one.

I've certainly had my mind changed about things during discussions here. Phage is probably the most adept at it, hehe. as he/she seems to be able to quickly put facts in front of us to show what really happened.

But there are plenty of others too.

It wasn't the most recent one, but I remember when looking into the Black Knight Satellite case, and Phage was quick to explain a mysterious image, and many points helped me look at the initial reports again, and question just how likely it was that some of it was conjecture, etc.

I try not to be too married to any particular ruling on a case, until I've really examined everything I can about it (even the loony stuff).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join