It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When was the last time someone here changed your mind...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Politics, constitutional rights, conspiracy’s, UFO’s, Big Foot, Vaccines, whatever....

When was the last time you swallowed your pride and said, “I was wrong, and now my mind has change”. Not verbatim, of course....you get where I’m going.

I’m of the type who won’t change his mind during a conversation...but give me some time to mull it over and I may or may not alter my perspective.

Just curious...when you read threads from the outside looking in...rarely do you see a swaying of opinion. It always appears that the same people are entrenched in their preconceived opinions.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82
I can’t remember the last time I have done that. But I have done it. In doing so I sucked it up and did what every man should do. It should never take you time to mull it over. Rational thinking should not take time.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

When I first came to ATS I thought Bob Lazar was faking. I don't anymore. Does that count?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I think with politics it’s not gonna happen with me.
Can anyone who identifies with a political party
be swayed by a speech argument or comment ?
Although certainly possible it seems less likely
than a conspiracy being able to change minds.

I chimed in early on Las Vegas stating it didn’t appear to be
anything but the official story. But because of the ideas
presented by posters I changed my mind,
which was rare for me.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Most reasonable people's minds will be changed with evidence. If it's opinion-based then I'm not sure what anyone would expect. Also, the evidence must be credible - read into that what you will as our idea of credibility changes by the day.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Does anyone believe that beliefs, and opinions are truths?

How can you tell the difference?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
I can’t tell if that’s concerning or not. Are you a serial killer????

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
SaturnFX and the whole Babymetal addiction thing...I was skeptical to say the least, but watched the videos and must admit the band is much more entertaining than I would have thought.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   

That one dude some years ago who said that there is a pringles conspiracy. I totally did not believe him. But now? There really is, Pringles may be a Red Commie invention, here to turn our youths over to the Red side and lead our nation into a downfall.
Pringles

Ever since then, I have eaten only chips out of a bag.

That, and it is annoying that you cant fit your hand in there and the last ones always end up crumbs that just fall all over your face and shirt. Here! Was watching this guy yesterday, and he makes a good point, Pringles may be the devil, or if not, then at least created by the devil. Or if not that, then at least the devil somehow influenced the creation of Pringles.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Guns! I used to think banning was the answer. A handful of members made rational arguments and changed my mind a few years ago.

Religious people. I used to think they were all fake and have met some very decent and sincere ones on ATS. In that sense, they've taught me to accept others more easily which also extends to people with unusual beliefs. Each to their own and be less judgy about it too...

Other than that, some dogmatic members have recently seen eye to eye in political threads. There's hope for the future yet.

originally posted by: olaru12
The people that influenced me the most have all been banned.

Same here fella. A lot of my favourites have been banned and others stopped posting in the last couple of years. Two or three were the smartest people I've known around here.

edit on 3.31.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Kali74 got me a few times. When I was rallying against the occupy movement, she helped me "get it". Not entirely agree, but understand where people were coming from and give them respect. Utmost respect for her. I considered her a friend even though we often disagreed.

I'm bad at remembering names, I think Schroedingerscat. We had some really neat conversations.

There are a lot more, but those two stick out. It seems like ATS is always about proving your side without anyone changing their minds, but ever once in awhile someone special breaks through and you change your mind or at least really understand the other person.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I like you.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

That's creepy. Just saying.

edit on 31-3-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Thank you

I love the donkey in your avatar. Looks very cheeky.

ETA - I forgot my manners. You're good 'peeple' too.

edit on 3.31.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

I swear I mean that in a totally non-sexual way. Also: I'm no frog. And those flowers are also not smelling of anything.
To be honest my intention was to express the internet persona Kandinsky has given me many enjoyable moments while reading what she (I believe?) wrote around here.
It is merely a cute picture to express my appreciation.

edit on 31-3-2018 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

lol Just playing with ya.

Kandinsky is one of the coolest ops on ATS

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   

The last time someone here changed my mind was.. in January when I realized people I used to trust were just worthless crap.

It took me 2 years too long to come to that conclusion.
edit on 31-3-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I am not sure I ever knew things in the first place??
I get a lot of information here,that is for sure.

My mind has changed about the UFO stuff after being here for almost 10 yrs.
I came here thinking I had a clue and learned I didn't know a whole lot at all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join