It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia releases 'Satan 2' missile test footage

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You get told Putin staged the election and automatically believe it? That's pretty sad. I doubt you have any knowledge on the subject at all.

You are free to doubt , if we are on opposing sides of an argument I know I am on the right side.

Putin made sure his only true threat , Alexei Navalny , was bared from the election while allowing Kremlin stooge , Ksenia Sobchak , as his only "oposition" , free and fair elections.

Edit to reply to your edit.

If it ever does come to nuclear war, when you get the 2-minute warning and are contemplating the last few moments of your life, don't forget to reflect on your own contribution to bringing it about.

Seriously Dude ?

edit on 31-3-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

You get told Putin staged the election and automatically believe it? That's pretty sad. I doubt you have any knowledge on the subject at all.

You are free to doubt , if we are on opposing sides of an argument I know I am on the right side.

Putin made sure his only true threat , Alexei Navalny , was bared from the election while allowing Kremlin stooge , Ksenia Sobchak , as his only "oposition" , free and fair elections.

You have no clue at all of the circumstances of the election. You buy into a giant conspiracy because it helps justify your xenophobia. Unless you have some solid evidence of this giant conspiracy, taking a position of certainty is nonsensical.

Then you cry about Russia being a threat that will kill us all. You are part of the problem.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

You have no clue at all of the circumstances of the election. You buy into a giant conspiracy because it helps justify your xenophobia. Unless you have some solid evidence of this giant conspiracy, taking a position of certainty is nonsensical.

The evidence is there if you choose to see it , it seems you are ignorant of the facts.

Then you cry about Russia being a threat that will kill us all. You are part of the problem.

Sure , blame anyone other than those who are to blame.
Putin's a good guy and Trump is the best thing since sliced bread.

Keep on believing your own rhetoric , I'm sure it offers you some comfort.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Lol.
Let's see your evidence... I'll wait.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I have better things to do than to lead you to water you won't drink.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I have better things to do than to lead you to water you won't drink.

Ah, the hit and run... make a claim you can't substantiate, then pretend there is proof.
Pretty weak.
Putin is developing his weaponry because the political attacks on his country are at fever pitch, with the western propaganda in full overdrive.
Can't see that he really has any choice. He can see the kind of xenophobic halfwits who are attacking Russia.
edit on 31/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Ah, the hit and run... make a claim you can't substantiate, then pretend there is proof.
Pretty weak.

And yet, as this primary global antagonist of American interests and values (who earlier this month announced new weapons aimed at the United States) stands for re-election in less than a week, if we look and listen around the U.S., what news coverage is there of this crucial event? Not much. Why? Because “elections” in Russia have become a boring, stage-managed farce where everyone inside and outside of Russia already knows the result.

That doesn’t mean that Putin isn’t working hard these days — in some ways, it is more challenging to pull off a fake election than a real one. The organic features of a genuine election have to be instead constructed and coerced, creating a Potemkin facade for domestic and international consumption.
foreignpolicy.com...

Now you can reply with some rebuttal about the source being fake news or western propaganda then around we go in ever decreasing circles straying further and further off topic.

Putin is a dictator and dictators win elections.

He can see the kind of xenophobic halfwits who are attacking Russia.

So sad.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Well of course propaganda is not going to be believed, especially with a tone of the article that excludes it from any serious consideration. No facts, just bluster... the kind of red meat for xenophobes that is seen again and again.

Here's some other opinion from the NYT, again not in any way evidence or should it be believed on face value, but it doesn't suggest Putin won because of rigging. You choose your source to suit your misguided opinions and have no facts.

www.reuters.com...

I'll continue waiting for evidence.

The Satan 2 testing is a reminder to those that continue to attack Russia on the world stage on issues with absolutely no evidence to back up the propaganda and like I said it is those that continue with this quite toxic xenophobia that are the ones leading us all closer to war, not Putin or Trump.

edit on 31/3/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

and like I said it is those that continue with this quite toxic xenophobia that are the ones leading us all closer to war, not Putin or Trump.

And there's your problem , you confuse disdain for a political regime for xenophobia , they are not the same.

xenophobia
Dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries.
en.oxforddictionaries.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

and like I said it is those that continue with this quite toxic xenophobia that are the ones leading us all closer to war, not Putin or Trump.

And there's your problem , you confuse disdain for a political regime for xenophobia , they are not the same.

xenophobia

Well, I was more interested in getting your evidence that the Russian elections were fixed, which you failed miserably at providing.
As for the obvious xenophobia of all things Russian, it's a result of weak minds being conditioned to hear 'Russia' and react like cattle to a cattle prod. It's prevalent all over our media and spouted endlessly on forums.
Meanwhile, an ACTUAL dictatorship in China and a seriously oppressive one at that is left free and clear (and in some cases supported).

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I was more interested in getting your evidence that the Russian elections were fixed, which you failed miserably at providing

Of course , which is why I said I wouldn't spoon feed you , anything I post other than a signed confession from Putin wouldn't be good enough ... and then it would likely be deemed as fake.

Meanwhile, an ACTUAL dictatorship in China and a seriously oppressive one at that is left free and clear (

Hillary , Obama ....

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

It's hard to assess the veracity of your wild claims because you never backed them up with anything.
I think you've been hearing 'Russia' too much on the tele.

Can you honestly blame Putin for building up his military and nuclear power? Seems like the sensible thing to do with rampant xenophobia building up against the country he leads.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The closest that the US came to an all out war, World War III, was during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

The Soviet Union did not trust the USA. The USA did not trust the Soviet Union. And both countries were on the brink of war, one wrong move and there would have been conventional and then nuclear war started. But it was brought back, negotiations and talking were able to in short stop that.

Right now this is par for the course, we do something, they respond. Right now only a few diplomats are expelled from the countries and that both will sit and grumble, then in time things will get better. In time Russia and the west will sit and talk, tensions will ease.

Russia has been seeing what it can get away with, and what are governments upset about? That Russia did such, or that they were unprepared and were embarrassed by such?

Russia is going to back down, as it sees that there is a unified response to its actions, and so Putin knows there is a limit it will not be able to cross. So it is going to focus on other areas.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

i thought the exact same thing about the smoke, which i'll get into momentarily, but there are other inconsistencies within the video that i need explained... i should note that i watched the video on both a 24-inch HP LED monitor and a 55-inch Samsung HD (1080p) television.

first, there's the three gantries. notice how all three are not perpendicular to the horizon and appear to be leaning inward? all three start from the base with a 90-degree angle to the ground; the tower on the left and the center right appear to lean inward while the far right tower appears bent somewhere around the middle(ish). this suggests a fish-eye or panoramic lens.

then there's the angle aspect which suggests the video was shot from the ground looking up, kind of like trick-photography where a person appears to get smaller/larger as they move from one side of a checker-board room to the other or a fun-house mirror that makes you appear taller and thinner or shorter and fatter depending on the angle in which the mirror is leaning. trees in the background of the video, along with the smaller structure (a shed?) at the base of the left tower, are meant to provide a reference to scale for size and distance. against this backdrop, the towers and the missile appear to be very tall and very big; and the towers on the right appear closer than the tower on the left.

then there's the steam cloud. i've watched videos of (and seen in person) space shuttles taking off from Cape Canaveral; the plumes from those launches were indeed quite large, however, the rockets fired for several seconds before the actual lift-off. this Russian missile lifts off within a second or two of rocket fire. while the snow would provide steam, there seems to be an extraordinary amount of it. in fact, there's so much steam, the towers appear to be swallowed up by it. i saw that same effect at the Cape - but i was standing VERY far away and was looking head-on (parallel to the horizon). this seemingly humongous steam cloud formed extremely quickly considering how briefly the rocket fire was near the ground. and its quality was too wispy around the edges when contrasted to the density and rate of expansion at its core -- i can't quite describe it any other way than to say that it just didn't look right.

and then there's the missile itself. the demarcation lines of the black-and-white block pattern are incredibly clear and crisp. this is in direct contrast to the fuzzy lines of the gantries and the blurry trees. i get that the trees are meant to be far off in the distance, but the missile is positioned in between the two closer towers on the right and the left tower farther away. everything in the video, from the towers to the trees to the rocket debris and the steam, is grainy EXCEPT the actual missile and the smoke.

the perspective is that the towers are at least a hundred feet tall; the perception is that the missile is equally as tall. the problem is the amount of steam that would need to be generated to completely envelope the towers as depicted in the video. while there's sufficient snow and heat to generate such a sizeable cloud, there simply is not enough elapsed time for such a cloud to develop. the two leaning towers on the right, as depicted in the video, are structurally unstable. that's a lot of steel without a lot of function; what purpose do leaning and bent towers serve? and finally, why is the missile so in focus while everything else is not?

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

The closest that the US came to an all out war with Russia was in 1983 when the Russians believed the US had launched a strike and ordered the launch of their missiles , the bravery of the Russian officer in charge of the missiles to countermand the order averted disaster , Stanislav Petrov was his name , he's known as the man that saved the world.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

xenophobia

Meanwhile, an ACTUAL dictatorship in China and a seriously oppressive one at that is left free and clear (and in some cases supported).

This ^^. Looking back, the rest will seem like trivial activities. China is where the real focus will be soon. Thanks to the closed door diplomacy agreement, and cheap labor, they have thus far maintained their cover, but we can keep pointing the Russian finger because it's safe.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
gotta love cold war propaganda.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Trump owns Putin

In what sense? By some accounts, Putin may be the wealthiest person in existence. He is an oligarch with unquestioned control over the Russian government, and an unlimited number of terms to serve there. All he has to do is shuffle around with Medvedev, who is basically his puppet.

Trump has a moderately large real estate holding, a couple billion, and a lot of hot air. Putin may literally be a Trillionaire.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
whoooo cares

they will do nothing

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join