It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Pruitt's Travel Scandal Gets Swampier

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I think a lot of people who voted for Trump believed that his fortune insulated him from the typical corrupting influences of politicians who are constantly pandering to finance their campaigns and that his decades of business experience meant he would appoint good people to do good things. These voters have shown a willingness to cut him a lot of slack but you have to wonder if they won't become increasingly disillusioned by his #ty appointments and the constant chaos of this administration.

The section you leave our is the section that voted against hillary. No matter what he does, how bad he screws up, he is still better than having her elected. His bar upon entering office was the lowest ever; perhaps that is why you see him get cut alot of slack.
Perhaps the dems will get their house in order and provide an acceptable alternative in 2020. I have yet to see evidence of any moderation in the democratic party. What is comical to me is that trump appears to be the ONLY moderate in dc at this time. Running on taking guns and raising taxes is not going to beat him no matter how incompetent he is.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

In all honesty, 2016 is the most scathing indictment of US voter apathy that there could ever be. Sure, there were trump supporters....but the volume of people voting against Hillary really says something. It was basically business as usual (folks have been voting against candidates forever), but amplified considerably by the counter choice.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
The section you leave our is the section that voted against hillary. No matter what he does, how bad he screws up, he is still better than having her elected. His bar upon entering office was the lowest ever; perhaps that is why you see him get cut alot of slack.

This is so sick. You have no clue what a Hillary Presidency would be like. You have your fears told to you by Fox News, but at some point you need to stop employing the sunk cost fallacy, stop comparing the very REAL Trump Presidency to what the Hillary Presidency MIGHT have been and actually admit that Trump is a dud.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I am hoping the dems can get their crap together. I would vote for the lady from hawaii given the chance, but I fear she is not left enough for them.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

This is so sick. You have no clue what a Hillary Presidency would be like.

keep telling yourself that
all i needed to know was demonstrated by how sanders was cheated
she continues to reinforce her flaws daily
keep her tied to the democratic party and watch it continue to sink

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The only reason we still talk about her is because conservatives such as yourself are obsessed with her and use your fears of the Hillary Clinton bogeyman to justify continuing to support a President who clearly is #ing # up royally.
edit on 30-3-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The only reason we still talk about her is because conservatives such as yourself are obsessed with her and use your fears of the Hillary Clinton bogeyman to justify continuing to support a President who clearly is #ing # up royally.

Oh jeez....for real man?

This is a discussion board, where people share news headlines and discuss them. Were she not making headlines by keeping a very public profile, she likely would not be discussed.

"such as yourself"....can't help but get a dig in,can you?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Yes. For real. I don't recall talking about Bob Dole in 1998 or Al Gore in 2002. I don't recall talking about McCain in 2010 or Romney in 2014. The fact is that the right is OBSESSED with #ting on Hillary. Did she sneeze? Time to post a thread about how this is proof that the liberal elite are corrupting the public! There is literally a thread posted yesterday in the Mud Pit about how she is wearing an arm cast. How is that even news worthy?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I don't have to "justify" anything, trump is POTUS until jan 2021.
Is he doing a good job, no I think he is below average.
He is far better than the alternative.

As far as "supporting" trump, I didn't care for obama, but I supported him as POTUS. Were she elected, I wouldn't like it, but I would have supported her as POTUS. I don't want to see my country fail strictly because of what party wins the election.

BTW
I voted for obama the first time he ran mostly because he ran against that dumpster of hot garbage that is john mccain. I still think obama v1 was better than mccain would have been.
edit on 30/3/2018 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Yes. For real. I don't recall talking about Bob Dole in 1998 or Al Gore in 2002. I don't recall talking about McCain in 2010 or Romney in 2014. The fact is that the right is OBSESSED with #ting on Hillary. Did she sneeze? Time to post a thread about how this is proof that the liberal elite are corrupting the public!

Did Bob Dole go out and put himself in headlines?

We are STILL talking about Al Gore. Because he puts himself in the public arena and it becomes fodder for discussion boards.

Do you understand how the BBS system works here at ATS? For the most part (aside from a couple of forums), there is a source document required for the prompt of discussion. are you saying that all those news headlines she makes are right wing sources hell bent on dragging her back from the grave at every chance?

I ain't buying it.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The reason we continue to talk about her is because she is a criminal who has not been brought to justice yet.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Of course I understand how the BBS system works. I'm not saying these topics should be banned or anything. I'm saying they are proof that the right can't let it go. It is RARELY a left leaning member who posts a thread about her. Liberals have learned to ignore her; why can't the right?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I don't have to "justify" anything, trump is POTUS until jan 2021.
Is he doing a good job, no I think he is below average.
He is far better than the alternative.

Well at least you are making progress. I'll give you that.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

Not too many comments on this thread.

Not going to generate much interest in a cabinet member people haven't heard of and don't care about.

Sounds like the system is working fine and dude's catching heat.

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Scott Pruitt came under scrutiny when it was revealed that he'd spent over $105k on first-class flights. The most expensive of Pruitt's travels was a trip to Morocco in December with airfare of $16,217 — but as it turns out, expensive airfare might be the least problematic aspect of the trip.

Just talking about travel expenses does anyone here see that a 16k ticket as outlandish? If you do I think many of you do not understand travel in the sense of business travel. There is a reason why they call it business class and an overseas ticket can easily exceed 10k. Business/first class is typically synonymous, but there are some high-end truly first class rides that cost a good deal more than 10k or 16k. Normally though we are talking business class in either case.

The company I work for sends ALL employees business class if they go overseas, it is just the way things work...if you are on a 15 hour flight on company time you do not need to be stuffed in an economy class seat between two Sumo wrestlers continually year after year of business travel. With this said he travel cost seems reasonable to me.

As to the other stuff we need to determine if there really was impropriety or are we just seeing 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon scenario?

link   

Of course I understand how the BBS system works. I'm not saying these topics should be banned or anything. I'm saying they are proof that the right can't let it go. It is RARELY a left leaning member who posts a thread about her. Liberals have learned to ignore her; why can't the right?

Why do other people not find the same things as you relevant or important? I do not know. But i think cursing them out is likely not the right way to go.

But if the media didn't print stories on it, we'd likely not discuss it here. So your beef is with them.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
People still not quite understanding the Trump strategy yet.

They will "get it" eventually whether or not they completely admit to it 😎

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Why do other people not find the same things as you relevant or important? I do not know. But i think cursing them out is likely not the right way to go.

I've accepted a LONG time ago that ATS is overly right wing and is in a bubble of misinformation and confirmation bias where they tell themselves they are right while ignoring outside stats that show they aren't in the majority of opinions. If I had a problem with it still, I wouldn't have 6 years under my belt here.

But if the media didn't print stories on it, we'd likely not discuss it here. So your beef is with them.

The "media" these days can be some random blog by some nobody that someone found in a google search. If you want to talk about a topic, it is a matter of Google searching it. There is probably SOME publication discussing it. Then it's just a matter of finding a source that clicks with your confirmation biases and posting it here. It's not magic man.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

This is so sick. You have no clue what a Hillary Presidency would be like. You have your fears told to you by Fox News, but at some point you need to stop employing the sunk cost fallacy, stop comparing the very REAL Trump Presidency to what the Hillary Presidency MIGHT have been and actually admit that Trump is a dud.

We would have no clue to what a clinton presidency would be like? You can actually say that will a straight face? I actually think you could say that with a straight face because you believe it 100%. Scary.

It is a good thing the clintons were never in power before. It is a good thing we have no history of them in politics for over 30 years. It is a good thing we have no examples of what they do and how they behave while they have this political power. It is also a good thing that we don't have direct evidence of how hillary would act when she was in the spotlight directly with appointed power.

Because if those are not true, you would look pretty silly.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Because we ALL know that people stay the same and NEVER change their ways or thinking EVER, amiright?

PS: It's funny how y'all have derailed this thread to be a "whatabout hillary" thread. Got anything to say about Scott Pruitt or are you too busy being triggered about Hillary Clinton's name appearing in the thread?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join