It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wouldnt it be cool if we could move around information in our brain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
ive been thinking about this recently and a lot this morning.

we were in the car and of course we are jamming. just had the local station on listening to the 80's show. every song that came on i knew the words too. some of them i could not recite without the song but i knew it.

so how many songs do i know the lyrics to? has to be high thousands. then i know the band. the year. who played what. and on and on
useless but fun/awesome knowledge. extrapolate that.
movies. the count would be in the high thousands. facts about the movies.
facts about this and facts about that.

so what if we could control our brain like a hard drive? what if we could tweak it out?

do i really need to know the lyrics to the proclaimers 'im gonna be'?
i like knowing it but im good.

it would be cool if i could delete everything i know about them to make room for something else...

it would also be cool if we could move # around so we could recall certain things faster than others.

maybe i dont want to lose my proclaimers knowledge all together but it would be nice to move it to the back corner so that when i am at work and i am trying to figure the concentricity based on ID/OD/wall thickness in my head (cause it's fun and # a calculator) i could do that calculation just a fraction of a second faster.
if i moved a lot of other # into the proclaimers i might be able to do that calculation almost instantly.

it would be awesome to be able to control that.

my wife said i would drive myself crazy though because i would always be tweaking it trying to get it just right.

fun to think about

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Everything you have ever seen, heard and thought about is recorded in you brain. That why it is so large, to hold a lifetime of memory.

Your minds eye is like a cctv camera on the wall of your life. It records everything (Everything you do too).

Every jot and tittle, nothing will be lost. The only thing that decays is our recall, the record is intact will continue after life. You already know this, you can recall the words to old songs when you hear them. That means the memory is there even if you can't recall on command.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
My wife says my head is full of useless information and I can't argue her point.
She also says I know more # than anybody she knows.
There is some good with the bad I guess but I haven't really found a need to quote every line in blazing saddles....

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

True, it is. Sometimes it takes a little something to bring it to the surface though. That's when it really takes off.
edit on 30-3-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Everything you have ever seen, heard and thought about is recorded in you brain. That why it is so large, to hold a lifetime of memory.

Your minds eye is like a cctv camera on the wall of your life. It records everything (Everything you do too).

Every jot and tittle, nothing will be lost. The only thing that decays is our recall, the record is intact will continue after life. You already know this, you can recall the words to old songs when you hear them. That means the memory is there even if you can't recall on command.

i know all this
i cant recall every memory though. some are foggy over time
some things i remember even though i dont really need to or even want to

it would be nice to control all of it

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

There is some good with the bad I guess but I haven't really found a need to quote every line in blazing saddles....

That's totally useful, especially if your town's new sheriff fits the parameters.

edit on 30-3-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

We will... one day.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

You can do this with your brain. It just takes practice and discipline.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

You can do this with your brain. It just takes practice and discipline.

Not in the context I am talking about

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I read that a tv company, Netflix or something has made a YouTube vid which makes you forget you have watched something so you can watch it again. It is called Unspoilme I cannot link it atm.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I thought you were going to talk about smelling purple or something.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

it would be cool if i could delete everything i know about them to make room for something else...

No need to, your storage capacity is infinite...

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: intrptr

i know all this
i cant recall every memory though. some are foggy over time
some things i remember even though i dont really need to or even want to

I love to take photographs of every arty thing I see in stores. In the past I would buy junk simply because it looked funky. Now I just photograph it. Same with those really atmospheric nights with lots of fog.

top topics

join