It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halal certified Easter eggs...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Christians celebrate Easter as the resurrection of Christ, as described in the New Testament.
The crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ is one of the foundations of the Christian Faith.

edit on 3/30/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
would it matter who feeds the chicken or who makes the chocolate

what about kosher eggs????

Probably not. Most people don't give a #.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

To be fair, she also said "All the traditions of that holiday are pagan in origin". The Easter bunny is a pagan fertility concept. The word "Easter" comes from the pagan deity Eostre/Ostara. And they had celebrations for Eostre during the Spring Equinox.

What is biblical about a chicken-egg-laying bunny rabbit hiding eggs for children to collect? There's literally a Christian concept called "Interpretatio Christiana" that involves the co-opting and re-interpretations of non-Christian events, cultural elements, etc into Christian-friendly versions.

ETA: Actually, I think it would be more accurate to say that Easter's traditions are a merging of Pesach/Passover, pagan traditions, and Christian teachings. The name and chicken-egg-laying bunny rabbit have direct pagan origins; the dates are tied to the Jewish Pesach/Passover dates; and the reasonings for them have been given Christian interpretations.
edit on 31-3-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2018 by enlightenedservant because: needed to be more accurate. hmph

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

originally posted by: intrepid
Easter is a Christian holiday. IDK why the dude would ask for non Halal eggs. Bigot probably. That said I'm sure many Muslims enjoy chocolate. Especially the ladies.

Easter is not a christian holiday! All the traditions of that holiday
are pagan in origin.This holiday should be referred to as feast of
first fruits or resurrection sunday.

Yes I know. Same as Christmas being taken from the Roman festival of Saturnalia. BUT they are celebrated by Christians.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Same as Christmas being taken from the Roman festival of Saturnalia.

I'm all for reverting back to that one instead of the 'buy more consumerist crap' holiday it's morphed into.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join