It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halal certified Easter eggs...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The exchange took place after a customer asked if the supermarket sold “non-halal” eggs.

The agent responded to the query saying: “Every Easter or hens’ egg we sell is halal certified so technically every single one of our eggs that we sell is halal.”

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

Cool story bruh...

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Your own source state that that was not the case - so what are you saying?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Obviously the question was meaningless, because chocolate eggs are not genuine meat products.
As I read the situation, the "agent" was floundering, put on the spot, and decided to bluff.
The real puzzle is the choice of answer. In those circumstances, the golden rule for bluffing has to be "Tell the customer what they want to hear". But the question "Do you have any non-halal eggs" is obviously looking for the answer "Yes, here's one." So why give the answer that says "No, we don't have what you want to buy"?

Or is this the clue that their "customer service" has been outsourced to another continent, where the staff don't know about the chocolate egg tradition? "Easter or hen's egg..." The agent may have thought that "Easter" was just another species of domesticated bird.

edit on 30-3-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram

The exchange took place after a customer asked if the supermarket sold “non-halal” eggs.

The agent responded to the query saying: “Every Easter or hens’ egg we sell is halal certified so technically every single one of our eggs that we sell is halal.”

www.thesun.co.uk...

Lol. This is really amusing.

It's communication break down because both the agent and customer do not understand what is halal.

There is no such thing as non-halal egg. You don't require "certified halal" label for egg. Egg is treated like vegetables. Why make life so hard?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
And of course the Easter egg is not a Christian symbol, it's pagan

And that doesn't mean Christians can't enjoy pagan Easter eggs

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

To be fair, an egg could be non-Halal if blood or pig were somehow added to it. Never underestimate the weird things people may do to foods.

ETA: As for the OP...
The article in the OP is actually talking about several separate issues: hens' eggs, egg shaped chocolate products, and egg shaped chocolate products that are specifically labeled for Easter celebrations.

1. Hens' eggs are naturally halal and would need to be deliberately "tainted" with blood or pig products to make them non-Halal.

2. Egg shaped chocolate products are a legit concern since in 2014, there was a huge scandal w/Cadbury's chocolate products containing trace amounts of pig DNA in them.

3. As for the egg shaped chocolate products that are specifically labeled for Easter celebrations, it seems that it was Christians who were angry at some "chocolate egg" products not being labeled "Easter Eggs".
edit on 30-3-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Easter is a Christian holiday. IDK why the dude would ask for non Halal eggs. Bigot probably. That said I'm sure many Muslims enjoy chocolate. Especially the ladies.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Easter is a Christian holiday. IDK why the dude would ask for non Halal eggs. Bigot probably. That said I'm sure many Muslims enjoy chocolate. Especially the ladies.

I'm a chocoholic so it's us guys too...

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
would it matter who feeds the chicken or who makes the chocolate

what about kosher eggs????

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

So as a Muslim would you eat an Easter egg or chocolate rabbit or do you consider it unacceptable
Not trying to be rude, just wonder if you think it's wrong and then why

Cheers

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

What is kosher? Sounds like some sort of north indian dessert..

Nvm.. googled it. Apparently there is another group of people in the middle east have similar religion to islam.
edit on 30-3-2018 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The question more like was " Where does the money go.. which group get it"

When you buy Halal you might even give money to jihadist groups

Campbell’s Soup and other companies have paid the Hamas-linked Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) for their halal certification

In France 60% of Halal certifications are controlled by Muslim brotherhood.

Happy Easter time !

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

So as a Muslim would you eat an Easter egg

Assuming you mean an egg shaped chocolate product, then sure. It's just chocolate. Unless it has a blood or pig byproduct in it, of course.

or chocolate rabbit

Yep. It's just chocolate, unless it has a blood or pig byproduct in it, of course. Now if it was a rabbit "saying" something against one of my political or religious positions, then I'd boycott it the same way I'd boycott any other product I don't agree with. (As in, if it were a chocolate rabbit that had a Nazi symbol on it, had an accompanying cartoon saying that all liberals should be shot, etc.)

or do you consider it unacceptable

So there's no confusion, here's what the Qur'an actually says about the foods that are forbidden to Muslims.
(Qur'an 2:173, Pickthall translation):

He hath forbidden you only carrion, and blood, and swineflesh, and that which hath been immolated to (the name of) any other than Allah. But he who is driven by necessity, neither craving nor transgressing, it is no sin for him. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

Qur'an 6:145, Pickthall translation:

145. Say: I find not in that which is revealed unto me aught prohibited to an eater that he eat thereof, except it be carrion, or blood poured forth, or swineflesh - for that verily is foul - or the abomination which was immolated to the name of other than Allah. But whoso is compelled (thereto), neither craving nor transgressing, (for him) lo! thy Lord is Forgiving, Merciful.

There's a third passage that goes into specific banned methods for killing animals, but I can't remember it off the top of my head. In other words, there's nothing saying that I can't eat a rabbit shaped chocolate product or a chocolate Easter egg. If it were an actual rabbit and it were killed in the name of a deity other than God, that would be different. But as you can see in the Qur'an's actual text, I could still eat that dead rabbit under other circumstances.

I listed what the Qur'an actually says because not all Muslims agree with this. Some individuals and schools of thought strive to go far beyond what the Qur'an actually says in order to prove just how "steadfast/righteous/whatever" they are. Therefore some Muslims might follow additional rules, restrictions, and interpretations which would prohibit them from eating these examples. Hope that helps.
edit on 30-3-2018 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Cool thanks, sounds good appreciate the reply

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram

originally posted by: howtonhawky

What is kosher? Sounds like some sort of north indian dessert..

Nvm.. googled it. Apparently there is another group of people in the middle east have similar religion to islam.

epic
that was an epic post

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Easter is not a christian holiday! All the traditions of that holiday
are pagan in origin.This holiday should be referred to as feast of
first fruits or resurrection sunday.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

To be fair, an egg could be non-Halal if blood or pig were somehow added to it. Never underestimate the weird things people may do to foods.

ETA: As for the OP...
The article in the OP is actually talking about several separate issues: hens' eggs, egg shaped chocolate products, and egg shaped chocolate products that are specifically labeled for Easter celebrations.

1. Hens' eggs are naturally halal and would need to be deliberately "tainted" with blood or pig products to make them non-Halal.

2. Egg shaped chocolate products are a legit concern since in 2014, there was a huge scandal w/Cadbury's chocolate products containing trace amounts of pig DNA in them.

3. As for the egg shaped chocolate products that are specifically labeled for Easter celebrations, it seems that it was Christians who were angry at some "chocolate egg" products not being labeled "Easter Eggs".

Well said. Yeah. You are right. I was thinking only natural hen's egg. I forget the existences of man-made egg products and non-halal mixtures like pig blood and pig oil.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

No problem.

No worries. My Mom's the one who got me to pay more attention to that stuff. And since I like trying foods from different cultures, I have to check generic recipes sometimes just to get an idea of how the stuff is made. (I'm no expert, though.)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

But Christians celebrate the day of the Lords death on the day of Passover
We can eat your eggs, bunnies and share our day with you, but Christians are not celebrating the same thing
Interesting the day's align, but that's where it stops, the Passover eastern is a Christian holiday and we recognise it as the Passover

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join