It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot Encounter: Two questions for you.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Setting the scenario, you are hiking through the woods at night, flashlights at ready, using LED lanterns for walking light. Well, the flashlights are LED too, immense candlepower over incandescent. Your location is NE Ohio, USA, mostly farmland but enriched with thickets of woods, which you are now walking through behind your property, with the landowners permission, of course. You've heard noises at night, and go out and search during the day, but in daylight, you're only able to document a few "possible" footprints in the mud, a few hair samples, which is more than likely the local dear getting ready for rut, and piles of scat which could be any animal. There is nothing conclusive enough to file a report, let alone a sighting.

Scenario set. That's why you are here, video cameras, 3 people, 2 males, 1 female, all with their cell phones recording. Trudging through the woods, mostly silently, whispering comments in a close knit formation.

The two questions are:

1. WTF do you do if you meet one? My first response would be to run in fear. Adrenaline rush, I'm gone. But wait. I want your answers. I don't think a single person would stay. If you stayed, would you try to communicate?

2. Do Bigfoot eyes glow at night? If they glow, Bigfoot is an animal, and nocturnal, their eyes would have the reflective coating to make their eyes glow.

Essentially, light rays that enter the eye are returned in the direction from which they came and the tapetum lucidum gives the eye a second chance to absorb as much light reflected by the retina. The light that is not absorbed is reemitted and gives rise to an eerie glow or "eye shine". Unlike animals, humans lack this reflective layer, so when bright lights hit our eyes, like the light from a flashlight, we don't see any sort of reflection.

I've been researching Bigfoot since Lenard Nimoy's "In Search of" series, and I can't recall any videos of Bigfoot's eyes glowing. If you guys can find any, that means he is an animal with the reflective coating behind his retina, the "tapetum lucidum", but if not, then Bigfoot is an intelligent branch that is related to Homo Sapiens.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Druid42

I'm not sure if that would be a good litmus test, retroreflection.

After all, what if said bigfoot species was not diurnal, but rather nocturnal (active at night) or crepuscular (active at dawn and dusk)? You would think that if they were either then a tapetum lucidum would be present, from an evolutionary standpoint.

Second, I would do like I did the last time. Slowly and calmly leave.

edit on 30-3-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I've been researching Bigfoot since Lenard Nimoy's "In Search of" series

thats a long time...ya should sue for damages...

edit on 30-3-2018 by Tellurian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
My friend that saw one up close didn't say he saw glowing eyes. from 20 feet at night, with the rack truck lights. I think he would have said so. e said the face portion looked like a human like being. An angry one too
edit on 30-3-2018 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Some eyes glow red, some glow green , depending on sex.
Green for males and red for female. Like deer.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I've never seen one but I do remember someone suggesting me and this other guy could create a Bigfoot scare by walking around in a Bigfoot costume. I called him crazy because someone would probably shoot at us.

I have read stories that Bigfoot may be 8 feet tall and very strong like a grizzly bear. I wouldn't want to tangle with one.

To answer questions, I wouldn't want to be seen by Bigfoot. If I was too close, I might freeze and hide.

As far as reflections, I have no clue. I thought I occasionally saw reflections in my relatives eyes. Maybe I'm thinking about our eyes showing up as red in pictures.
edit on 30/3/18 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

H&H .600 nitro - fire both barrels

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
eye glow has been reported in various colors as mentioned. yellow, white, red, green etc. in some reports it actually seems to emanate from the eyes like a flashlight not just a reflection.

anyway, i think one of the big things people neglect to factor in is scent. you're throwing off all kinds of unatural "human" scents for god knows how far, same with sound. these things are well aware of your presence it their areas in most cases.

most encounters seem to happen as a result of surprise. adults caught mid-activity or juveniles who just don't know better.

one things for sure though, if you see one you can be sure there are more in your blind spot. it's not the one in the direct line of vision you have to worry about.

just be smart, if they don't want you someplace they will surely let you know. eyes and ears open, if they give a hint, take it.
edit on 30-3-2018 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

As for what I do if I meet one? No idea, but I'm sure I will go into instinctive mode and try to remain as calm as possible so as not to look like prey.

Do the eyes glow? No idea. I guess we will know when we sacrifice one to science.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

The two questions are:

1. WTF do you do if you meet one? My first response would be to run in fear. Adrenaline rush, I'm gone. But wait. I want your answers. I don't think a single person would stay. If you stayed, would you try to communicate?

2. Do Bigfoot eyes glow at night? If they glow, Bigfoot is an animal, and nocturnal, their eyes would have the reflective coating to make their eyes glow.

1. I carry a handgun with me when I'm out in the woods (I know some people have issues with this, but I don't want to run into a mama bear and it gives me a simple signal device if something bad was to happen to me), with this being stated I have come across something in the woods before and the knowledge of my gun did help me in staying calm when it happened. So I would slowly back away unless threatened, then I would draw down and stand my ground. I don't think I would waste time trying to communicate with them, since even if we had a common language, there's no telling how it would interpret what I'm saying and that could lead to a hostile encounter.

2. I really don't think sasquatch eye glow in the dark. They might refract light from a camera (ie "Red Eye), but I doubt that even if a standard light was shined into their eyes they would glow (but don't quote me on that) A sasquatch eyes should respond like any other primates eyes
(like yours and mine, or monkeys and gorillas). When I had an encounter with whatever it was, it was dark enough for us to use a flashlight in seeing what was going on around us and I don't recall seeing anything with glowy eyes in the woods.

Full disclosure here: I was at the time of my encounters investigating some UFO accounts, and wasn't hunting sasquatch. No, I don't think UFOs and sasquatch have anything in common (nobody asked this, just trying to get ahead of it). I do think that sasquatch and earthlights have an interesting connection though. Either way my encounters were secondary to what I was doing, and just a weird personal story that was part of a weird investigation.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I can only go by stories I've read, the impulse to run away runaway is immense in most of them but that kind of defeats the purpose. Hear that some at least do have eyeshine...

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_apeNah,a.243 would be more than enough since it`s only a idiot in a suit.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well there certainly seems to be something in all those forests you have in North America.

I guess nobody really liked my theory I posed a while ago....one possible though, way out one.

That is:- that "Bigfoot" are actually descendants of African slaves that run away from white man in the 1600-early 1700s, and vowed never to be caught by another white man ever. There could have been quite a large group of them, that met up or whatever. The strongest of them would have survived in a strange foreign land, the weakest perished.
Strongest survive, as in, imagine Shak and Venus Williams mating....sends shivers down my spine just thinking of it......now surely that would make a bigfoot!!!

In all seriousness, they could hunt bears or use dead bears fur skins in the forests, still use drum beats, by thumping trees and hollow logs..just as they did in Africa, and people report to hear in the American forests. Their language would have evolved from their original African perhaps to a very quite whisper and bird/animal mimicking.

Consider that Native American tribes that saw "Black Africans" for the first time in the 1600-1700s would have looked at them in amazement, maybe as a hairless bear or some other wild humanlike creature, and probably kept away from them, not to mention Africans would have been equally amazed by clothed tribes of Cherokee, Iroquois, Cree, Blackfoot, etc, and would have avoided them too....they look sort of whiteish, to a black person....etc etc.

Its not that much of a way out theory.....and after several hundred years of isolation, generations of "Avoid the White devil at all costs", no wonder they still look angry and pee'd off at "People" walking near their territory.....isolation can have many effects to a peoples psyche. Remember, these escaped slaves still have legends of being stolen from their homes and sent on death canoes chained to each other for months, to a new World to be imprisoned and killed by the white devil and his fire sticks.......

It is not such an implausible idea, I would think.

I understand many slaves did escape their plantations at the time, often hunted and killed, but Im sure some "Disappeared".

Though,...... its just a theory.

edit on 30-3-2018 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Druid42
Setting the scenario, you are hiking through the woods at night, flashlights at ready, using LED lanterns for walking light. Well, the flashlights are LED too, immense candlepower over incandescent. Your location is NE Ohio, USA, mostly farmland but enriched with thickets of woods, which you are now walking through behind your property, with the landowners permission, of course. You've heard noises at night, and go out and search during the day, but in daylight, you're only able to document a few "possible" footprints in the mud, a few hair samples, which is more than likely the local dear getting ready for rut, and piles of scat which could be any animal. There is nothing conclusive enough to file a report, let alone a sighting.

Scenario set. That's why you are here, video cameras, 3 people, 2 males, 1 female, all with their cell phones recording. Trudging through the woods, mostly silently, whispering comments in a close knit formation.

The two questions are:

Essentially, light rays that enter the eye are returned in the direction from which they came and the tapetum lucidum gives the eye a second chance to absorb as much light reflected by the retina. The light that is not absorbed is reemitted and gives rise to an eerie glow or "eye shine". Unlike animals, humans lack this reflective layer, so when bright lights hit our eyes, like the light from a flashlight, we don't see any sort of reflection.

I've been researching Bigfoot since Lenard Nimoy's "In Search of" series, and I can't recall any videos of Bigfoot's eyes glowing. If you guys can find any, that means he is an animal with the reflective coating behind his retina, the "tapetum lucidum", but if not, then Bigfoot is an intelligent branch that is related to Homo Sapiens.

How many stories of people coming face to face with Bigfoot have you heard??? Not many I'll guess...

Does that mean hardly anyone has come face to face with the creature, or, only a couple have lived to tell about it???

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

There are a few stories of people coming face to face with a sasquatch. Most famously was Theodore Roosevelt, who when confronted with the beast, shot it then watched it run off. TR was amazed, and confused by the encounter and thought that the sasquatch was a normal creature of the western states.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

With my sighting, I paused/stopped my car. I was utterly dumbfounded, gobsmacked, whatever word you care to use... Then the adrenaline kicked in, and I was back in that metaphorical cave huddled around a campfire, hoping the things out there in the dark wouldn't come in to eat me.

He, and I locked gazes, a few seconds--seemed longer--maybe, then I left, and I assume he went about his Sasquatch business. I'd like to say I left at a sedate pace...nope. I left at what most, including me, would call an immoderate rate of speed, kinda like the chorus from a Charlie Daniels song. "Slingin' a ton o'dust in the air.".

It was a profound experience.

I'm told that they do. Back in the late 20's, my grandfather who was a county sheriff in Klickitat county, in Washington state, had his first of two encounters with Sasquatch. He was, along with two deputies, and a tracker from one of the local tribes, I believe he was from the Yakima tribe, maybe, hunting some cattle rustlers (yes, that was a thing, even in the roarin' twenties...) in north-west Klickitat county, just slightly east of Trout Lake.

The group were all WWI combat veterans, and experienced hunters/trappers, who'd lived goodly amounts of time out in the wilds.

So they were closing in on 'em, maybe a day or two from rounding 'em up, had stopped for the night at a spring (I've camped at that spring, gorgeous country) where they could water the horses and fill the jugs and canteens for the next day. Late that night, the guy on watch woke 'em all up saying that there were strange sounds out beyond the fire light. Now as any good camper, back woods person knows, a small fire is much better in most cases than a big one...

Thinking that the rustlers might be on to 'em, and had come to make a visit, they tumbled out of their sleeping bags and blankets with their shootin' irons ready. They all saw 'em, just outside the light, a set of glowing eyes, reflecting their small campfires light, watching the camp. The two deputies who were, according to Grandpa, city boys without a lick o'sense between 'em, started to draw down on 'em. The tracker stopped them, telling them it was Skookum, and that shooting him with our rifles will only make him angry. They were carrying Winchester lever actions, probably .44-40, or something similar, though I don't really know the caliber.

According to Grandpa, the eyes watched them for about a minute or so, and they watched back, then backed away into the night. The next morning, the tracker and grandpa went out to where they thought the eyes had been, and decided that the eyes had been about nine to ten feet off the ground.

I love telling this story. It's better late at night, with a dark forest around you, and a little campfire... I've never doubted this story, as my Dad and I have both had uncanny encounters in the same area. Mine was north and a little west of there, when I was doing some backpacking.

My own encounter with Sasquatch was during the day.

Given the many encounter both night and day, I suspect that the big fella is quite at home either way, and will adjust as necessary.

edit on 3/31/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
1. Run like hell.
2. I don't know. I'm running rip-ass.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Just remember, he's probably faster than you.

posted on Mar, 31 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: c2oden

Just remember, he's probably faster than you.
Depends on if you are black or white.
White people run as fast as they can.
Black people run as fast as they have to.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
One of the problems with Bigfoot stories is that the story gets extremely convoluted in the characteristics. To be real he has to have realistic characteristics.

In general you are looking at a bipedal member of the great ape family. So his characteristics and habits shouldn't diverge a great deal from that. The great apes do not see well in the dark. The great apes are also primarily vegetarian. So you can assume that Bigfoot would be primarily active from dawn to dusk. It is probably pretty intelligent, but clearly not human level intelligence. If it were human level we would be finding tools, weapons and shelters.

Then you have the question of just how strong it could be. And that depends entirely on its nerve structure. Humans gave up our pure strength in exchange for fine motor control. But being bipedal doesn't require that exchange. So it could possibly be as strong as a gorilla and bipedal. It isn't going to be a great hunter, it just simply isn't equipped to do so. And if legend is to be believed it doesn't smell too great. So it is not only poorly equipped, prey would smell it before it got close.

And all of that is before you start considering population density, resources and habitat. Personaly I feel it probably once existed maybe even up until the middle of the last century but has since died out. And if any exists they will be in the Northwest or other places with vast areas where humans don't go. The science just doesn't support a beast/human population in viable numbers, especially when you consider how many calories a day each one has to take in.

I really hope they exist the world needs mystery. I just don't see how they can.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join