It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy Secretary taking orders from coal company

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
More corruption from the Trump administration. Rick Perry apparently agreed to carry out the demands of a coal company that made a big donation to Trump's campaign. Hopefully this is illegal and will be investigated. More pollution, less workplace safety and cutting the EPA in half would be terrible for our nation. Maybe this will be the latest administration scandal.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I have enjoyed Trumps gains with NK.

I hate how he is allowing our environmental protection to be stripped so that some people with money can make more.

Jobs?

Not for the long term. And what good is a job if your kids die of cancer from the new plant down the road.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Old News never dies.

🏍🌋

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

So what were those 'demands.'

What laws were broken?

Finally, this op-ed from a formerly employed:

Department of Energy chief creative officer

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DogStarIn1066

Generally speaking in the US, your kid is going to get cancer from what you are feeding them.

Getting coal going again was actually a campaign promise, although longterm jobs there are going to migrate over to the propane industry, as far as production of electricity goes.

Say after me... solar and wind electrical generation is NOT VIABLE at this point. Maybe later.

Until then, be happy your electric bill isn't what Obama promised and Oh! Buy an electric car to help the planet!!

That way you can further subsidize the coal industry. You know, where 30% of our electricity is currently coming from.

As for to OP, I give you Abengoa and Solyndra. I don't see Obama in jail for that mess. So Trump will probably be OK on the latest Counterfeit News Network scandal. Unless Stormy had something to do with it too...

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So , Obama didn't invest billions of tax dollars in some "green "companies that were already failing or had already failed ? Some of his LARGEST political donations came from these companies .

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
My vaction home is 100 % solar. At home my lighting for my barn is 100%, and most of my heating is renewable wood from the 22 acres of timber I own.

I am also running about 200 watts of solar at home.

My kids eat a lot of wild game and do a 1/2 acre garden each year, so the only crap is industrial pollution, like all the mercury in the fish that we catch and eat out of the lakes and rivers.

Screw coal. It is dying even as I type. Trump did the coal stuff as an election gimmic, just like the wall and deporting 11 million immagrants.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
So , Obama didn't invest billions of tax dollars in some "green "companies that were already failing or had already failed ? Some of his LARGEST political donations came from these companies .

Renewable energy is the fastest job growth industry in the US. Look it up. Coal has been dropping like a stone for decades.

And sorry, but I buy my electricity from an entirely green generation source. Only thing I use from the old industry is the transmission wires.

Hope to be off the grid all the way by 2020. Then other folks can pick up paying for those transmission lines, As that trend continues, those using the old system will pay more as smart folks move to solar. The old stuff is unsustainable.

Oh, and I do see an electric car in my garage soon, powered by my own panels, while others go pay for gas that comes from "those" countries and funds "their" agenda.
edit on 29-3-2018 by DogStarIn1066 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogStarIn1066
My vaction home is 100 % solar. At home my lighting for my barn is 100%, and most of my heating is renewable wood from the 22 acres of timber I own.

I am also running about 200 watts of solar at home.

My kids eat a lot of wild game and do a 1/2 acre garden each year, so the only crap is industrial pollution, like all the mercury in the fish that we catch and eat out of the lakes and rivers.

Screw coal. It is dying even as I type. Trump did the coal stuff as an election gimmic, just like the wall and deporting 11 million immagrants.

SoOo... no reading comprehension is what I have to deal with here.

First off sparky, I am off-grid. That does not mean that it is remotely possible for a larger town. It just isn't so stop the silly comparison.

Secondly, if you read the FIRST WORDS of my post, it says "Generally speaking". If you need help with the word generally, please consult a dictionary.

Third and finally, you don't just stop an industry to make political points with your voting base. You phase it out, which, as I posted, is being done. By a better president than the last one.

I find it hard dealing with a liberal vet. It's like you had all the intellectual tools given to you and still can't figure it out.

edit on 29-3-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Do you have a legitimate news source for these claims?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogStarIn1066

originally posted by: Gothmog

Renewable energy is the fastest job growth industry in th US.

And eventually they will get to where that actually means anything to what we use. Currently renewable energies output 15% of total usage, half of that hydro. Tech we've had forever.

Until then, we can't just swap. So sorry. Reality and all that.

Edited to add, I had forgotten who I was talking to. Pearls before swine, and all that. I will bow out of further conversation with you and ObamaBoy. It is a waste of my time.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

First, I always considered myself a conservative. In most things. Do I have to point out I never voted for any Clinton again? I think that I am just old school, which means calling folks out for things you don't agree with.

Seems like this is not as popular now that many in our country have to be 100% us/them, so n all things, and no thinking for yourself alliwed.

And what is it I am supposed to figure out? How to agree with you?

Also, I don't want to be impolite. Now, I may be wrong, but were you intending the same?

Now, to coal. It is over, and we should help out the 60,000 or so folks who work in the industry. Are you willing to pay more taxes to a special fund to help them? Maybe check off a $100 donation to the fund on your income tax this year?

I am.

Now I am glad you clarified your points.

Thank you.

I hope I was polite.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Generally speaking in the US, your kid is going to get cancer from what you are feeding them.

Getting coal going again was actually a campaign promise, although longterm jobs there are going to migrate over to the propane industry, as far as production of electricity goes.

Say after me... solar and wind electrical generation is NOT VIABLE at this point. Maybe later.

Until then, be happy your electric bill isn't what Obama promised and Oh! Buy an electric car to help the planet!!

That way you can further subsidize the coal industry. You know, where 30% of our electricity is currently coming from.

As for to OP, I give you Abengoa and Solyndra. I don't see Obama in jail for that mess. So Trump will probably be OK on the latest Counterfeit News Network scandal. Unless Stormy had something to do with it too...

A German company and Lockheed Martin have been actively working on a prototype fusion reactor. If we had dumped more funding into that, instead of wind/solar I wonder where we'd be at.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

True. However, it is not limited to this secretary or this administration.

I have no idea how to stop it. I wish I did.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

A German company and Lockheed Martin have been actively working on a prototype fusion reactor. If we had dumped more funding into that, instead of wind/solar I wonder where we'd be at.

Isn't that what the video game franchise; Fallout, is built on?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Hey, I was trying to be polite. You call me a liberal and then obamaboy? What's up with that?

I never called you disparaging names.

And if you are only here to talk to people who agree with you why bother?

Just talk to yourself.

Sorry, but if our opinions don't agree, we can disuss. If we insult, we get no where.

It is hard enough for folks to figure out what others mean in writing. It really makes it hard to even try to understand when they seem to be insulting you.

Hope we can discuss

Peace.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Propane is actually going to be the next big deal. In my line of work we are seeing a massive buildup of flare gas recovery companies.

What they do is take the flare gas from a wellhead that is normally just burned off into the atmosphere and converting the bulk of it to condensates, propane and butane. It is making the flare emissions about 95% cleaner and getting a usable product that is a really cheap and easy way to produce electricity. And a really clean burn.

Bakken oilfield is really REALLY bulking up on propane facilities this year, billions of dollars worth of plants. A ton of jobs that are making the planet cleaner. So win-win. The technology is already there. The plans for two of these plants were approved years ago, it's just that the companies didn't want to spend a few billion for an Obama appointee to nix the actual operation for worries over the squeaking sand grub, or whatever they wanted to throw in there. A good example of how a president can kill jobs, the economy, everything.

It's recycling, for the oilfield.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Yes, I agree.

But I have to recuse from the natural gas discussion, as I have a gas lease on my land and profit from it.

All us liberal obomaboys do this now, as we get a baseball cap from the gas company, and get to watch clean energy come off the rural lands we own, that we bought to hunt deer, cut down trees, and rape the land.

Oh, and you can sit naked on your porch in the morning and have coffee.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

More corruption from the Trump administration.

Oh? Do tell. I love a good corruption story from someone who didn't want Trump elected President.

Rick Perry apparently agreed to carry out the demands of a coal company that made a big donation to Trump's campaign.

What? Are you kidding me? The Secretary of Energy sitting down and talking to an actual energy company about strategy and how best America's energy needs might be better met? That is just down right scandalous. Didn't they learn anything from the Obama administration? Everyone knows the Secretary of Energy shouldn't listen to the Energy Companies.

More pollution, less workplace safety and cutting the EPA in half would be terrible for our nation.

That makes it look like that Trump actually ran on a platform that was for less EPA regulations. Oh wait. He did, and won.

Maybe this will be the latest administration scandal.

I am sure you have your fingers crossed with the whole Russian scandal not panning out.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

Propane is actually going to be the next big deal. In my line of work we are seeing a massive buildup of flare gas recovery companies.

What they do is take the flare gas from a wellhead that is normally just burned off into the atmosphere and converting the bulk of it to condensates, propane and butane. It is making the flare emissions about 95% cleaner and getting a usable product that is a really cheap and easy way to produce electricity. And a really clean burn.

Bakken oilfield is really REALLY bulking up on propane facilities this year, billions of dollars worth of plants. A ton of jobs that are making the planet cleaner. So win-win. The technology is already there. The plans for two of these plants were approved years ago, it's just that the companies didn't want to spend a few billion for an Obama appointee to nix the actual operation for worries over the squeaking sand grub, or whatever they wanted to throw in there. A good example of how a president can kill jobs, the economy, everything.

It's recycling, for the oilfield.

Soooo you're saying I should buy stock in this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join