It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions names prosecutor to probe FBI, DOJ wrongdoing

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Great news. This is what needed to happen.

Thanks for sharing.

edit on 3 29 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
In related news:

Former FBI deputy McCabe launches legal defense fund in wake of firing

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, who was fired by the Trump administration but says he was terminated because he is a crucial witness in the Russia investigation, is raising funds to help cover costs defending against other ongoing government probes, according to a copy of a draft website seen by Reuters.

Reuters

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
In other news,

Sessions does not appoint second special counsel to review FBI misconduct claims

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is not naming a new special counsel to investigate Republican-driven accusations against the FBI -- at least for now.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Comey had to legally notify congress and congress released the memo! Comey did it 10 days before hoping it could slide through? Also Comey knew months before on top of it, or did I read some bad info?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
In other news,

Sessions does not appoint second special counsel to review FBI misconduct claims

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is not naming a new special counsel to investigate Republican-driven accusations against the FBI -- at least for now.

Meh.

I still stick with not much here but conjecture and hopeful wishes.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Nvm.

edit on 3/29/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DogStarIn1066

originally posted by: Swills
In other news,

Meh.

I still stick with not much here but conjecture and hopeful wishes.

You seem openminded and fair so I'll ask if you've actually done research to look at the evidentiary items, DogStar? I think it's a more compelling case than you think. It does require a bit of reading, however, but not that much.

Just getting bits and pieces by posters here on some of the various threads doesn't consolidate or flesh it out sufficiently---too piecemeal and heated on both sides.

edit on 29-3-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
George Washington University law professor Jonathan Turley discusses Attorney General Jeff Sessions’s decision not to appoint a second special council; and the stunningly powerful move to have a federal prosecutor (Huber) working together with Inspector General Horowitz.

I think this will clear up how Huber does indeed have plenty of prosecutorial power. No different than a SC in that regard.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I have done a pretty good job of keeping up, but I can always us more info.

I do a lot of reading. Multiple sorces. This place is great for getting multiple perspectives - some biased, some factual.

Thanks for asking.

Any good sources you can recommend for me to check out?

Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Very nice. Actual real progress.

S+F.

I don't know about that. The guy was appointed by and served two years under Obama.

Can they not find ANYONE who did not work for Obama? Sessions appoints a guy who worked for Obama to investigate alleged wrongdoings by other people who worked for Obama.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DogStarIn1066

I read both sides of the fence as well because--like you--I'm willing to follow the evidence wherever it leads even if it disappoints me. I'll get some things together and when I have them ready I'll holler.

Thanks and I make promise that I'll look at and sincerely consider any counterpoints you have.

I'll be honest here: I HATE our foreign policy and what it has done to the world. No wonder they hate us. Just about the ONLY reason--the main reason anyway--I support Trump--so far--is that I do believe he's an outsider that's shaking up the system and I'd rather see us go ahead and self-destruct now (rather than later) if it means we lose the means to wage war and bring death to babies and families everywhere (collateral damage.)

There is such a thing as a deep state although it's rather complicated to exactly point to (CIA, MIC, Lobbying, Corporatism, et al) but the true evidence lies in our disastrous foreign policy that never changes no matter who the President is thus far.

If the majority of us come to that conclusion then we have a fighting chance to finally clip its wings. For awhile anyway.

Walls & Pronouns can wait imo. My soul & conscience compels me that It's the insidious evil of empire building that must be addressed or we go the way--deservedly--of all empire builders who hide behind "national security."

If we conclude--and I think the evidence is there--that the deep state is aligned against Trump--then our duty is clear no matter what we think of the man. We can deal with him later if need be lol.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Excerpted from AG Jeff Sessions' letter to Congress today:

The attorney general cited U.S. Code, noting that the appointment of a special counsel was "reserved for use in only the most 'extraordinary circumstances,'" and that any special counsel must be "selected from outside the United States Government."
More at: www.foxnews.com...

What "extraordinary circumstances" caused Rosenstein to name Mueller as special counsel? AFAIK, nothing but rumors and hunches were the reason. And it was done seemingly at the drop of a hat. CRAZY.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

An important formality to expedite
the process.

I would wager that the facts of leverage
have already been obtained.

Will we hide the tainted goods, or will we
shine the light on these dark shadows of
American History for all the world to see?

Uncharted Territory. S&F

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Excerpted from AG Jeff Sessions' letter to Congress today:

The attorney general cited U.S. Code, noting that the appointment of a special counsel was "reserved for use in only the most 'extraordinary circumstances,'" and that any special counsel must be "selected from outside the United States Government."
More at: www.foxnews.com...

What "extraordinary circumstances" caused Rosenstein to name Mueller as special counsel? AFAIK, nothing but rumors and hunches were the reason. And it was done seemingly at the drop of a hat. CRAZY.

Yep!

It was started with a leak by the FBI head that was fired for leaking.

There should be 2 more SC's all over the FBI DOJ CIA.

Better get them before they skate on perjury limitations like Brennan just did.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I'm confused
l

Sessions declines to appoint second special counsel

Attorney General Jeff Sessions revealed in a letter to lawmakers Thursday that he had declined to name a second special counsel to investigate allegations of surveillance abuse within the Department of Justice (DOJ), despite pressure from the Republican Party for him to do so.

In his letter to GOP committee chairmen Chuck Grassley (Iowa), Bob Goodlatte (Va.) and Trey Gowdy (S.C.), Sessions said the appointment of a special counsel only occurs under "the most 'extraordinary circumstances.'"

thehill.com...

This says he declined to appoint a second special counsel...

It's not a special counsel, it's being handled in the DoJ. Much easier to manage and ensure the lead prosecutor does not go off on a tangent. We now know there is full focus on investigating the Obama administration, including Hillary.

I somehow doubt they will come up empty as Mueller has.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Better get them before they skate on perjury limitations like Brennan just did.

Is there a statute of limitations on treason?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

This prosecutor started his work on November 13, 2017.

Good article here: www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

This prosecutor started his work on November 13, 2017.

Good article here: www.americanthinker.com...

Likely before that date.... it says his work began in advance of that date. How far in advance, it doesn't say. It could have been months before.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

"In advance of the 13 Nov 2017 letter"

In that November letter, sent by Assistant Attorney General Stephen Boyd to the House Judiciary Committee, congressional leaders were told that “senior prosecutors” reporting directly to Sessions “will make recommendations as to whether any matters not currently under investigation should be opened.”

From your link...

Right about the time sealed filings started ballooning in federal courts, eh what?

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: carewemust

"In advance of the 13 Nov 2017 letter"

In that November letter, sent by Assistant Attorney General Stephen Boyd to the House Judiciary Committee, congressional leaders were told that “senior prosecutors” reporting directly to Sessions “will make recommendations as to whether any matters not currently under investigation should be opened.”

From your link...

Right about the time sealed filings started ballooning in federal courts, eh what?
This is true and something I myself have noticed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join