It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am tired of people acting like anyone who wasnt involved in a situation cant voice their opinion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Grambler

Don't let people silence you. Just keep your target on the argument and not the people, and you will always have that moral highground from which to fight off the chuckleheads.

Oh you dont know me.

I rarely if ever have a moral highground.

I will settle for being morally tolerated.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Maybe, but how much did you run on yours after you got it?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Of course you're right. And it was all by design. Those with the agenda sent boys to do a man's job... they're hiding behind kids... and manipulating the very questionable reason and thought processes of teenagers... and their emotions by exploiting their "victim" and/or "survivor" status for all its worth. We see it. We know it. And that's what we must fight against.

Instead of fighting the face of the movement, fight the brains behind the movement. Fight the "what and the how" not the "who."

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Maybe, but how much did you run on yours after you got it?

I had it for about five weeks.

Got it my senior year at football two a days because I had to by second hand cleats that were a size to big.

The doctor said that had I just stopped when it hurt, I would have been ok.

But as it was I was not allowed to wear a shoe for three weeks, and not allowed to play for about five.

I was mocked (in good nature) for having to sit out a quarter of the season with a blister.

Though dick butkis ended his career because of turf toe, so I am in good company.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

If I were really into being mean, this is where I would mock you for being a weenie or something, but feet are no joke. I managed a stress fracture in one of mine one year. Hell of it was that it was OK ... until it wasn't.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.

Off-topic, but I knows a kid who was born without one. Not sure if he had an opinion.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

So how did he go #2? Serious question, and my apologies if this is not a joke.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

a reply to: skunkape23

So how did he go #2? Serious question, and my apologies if this is not a joke.
Surgical correction.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.

Off-topic, but I knows a kid who was born without one. Not sure if he had an opinion.

Ok so this is a longish story but kind of fits in with what you are discussing.

A group of my college friends use to all make fyun of each other.

We decided to mess with one guy, so I started a ruymor that he really hated when people called him an a-hole, because he was born without a butt hole (whioch was totally made up).

I convinced dozens of people this was true, to the point where we would be at a party and someone would use that word and then apaologize to the guy/

When he found out he thought it was hilarious.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Who said they were experts on guns???

Who said anyone who doesn’t agree with them are murderers???

It is ok to call anyone out.. and it is ok to call someone out, for calling someone out..

Just because Fox News is telling you X,Y, and Z are happening does not mean it is..

Atleast not by anyone who matters , because you can find a couple idiots doing anything..

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Sure.

Lets pretend the media hasnt said the parkland students shouldnt be criticized.

Lets pretend Hogg, the most televised of those students, hasnt said many things like this.

“The pathetic f***ers that want to keep killing our children, they could have blood from children splattered all over their faces and they wouldn’t take action because they all still see those dollar signs,” Hogg said before describing the “exhaustion” he’s experienced as a result of his month-long stint as a political activist.

www.nationalreview.com...

I guess that is just a lie that fox news told me though.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
What a weird thread....I know shut up, I am not an expert at threads.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
My opinion is the best.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

It's a way to censor what someone doesn't want to hear.

It's why I defend free speech, even when it's someone I don't agree with.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
When they say, "Speech has it's consequences" what they mean is, "If you say something I disagree with, you will suffer the consequences".

Censorship.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   

My opinion is that when someone tries to shut you down because they consider your opinion unworthy is because you hit them where it hurts, they have no logical arguments so they appeal to emotion, it's an attempt to unhinge you into a fight, the old saying never argue with an idiot because they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience I'd appropriate.

Now that I've offered an opinion here advice...
...just ignore them and focus on the message you are looking to relay or discuss...

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm new here and i can honestly say,from my lurking days,i have so often seen non American members rebuked for commenting on American topics. I'm not even gonna go there. Lol some days i wonder why i even joined,there is not much i can say,as i am not American.So that i will leave alone,the whole 2A debate,Trump,Hillary,Repubs and Dems,etc etc. I joined more for the mysterious subject matter forums like ufo's+aliens,gray area,paranormal,so i shall stick to that mostly,unless there is a pretty much universal topic being debated in the other forums.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: katerinaGrace

Free expression should be a universal human goal.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Yes, this is a good example.

Just because you dont live in a country doesnt mean you cant have a very valid opinion on it.

That irks me too.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Please don't become discouraged. American here and there are some of us who appreciate the point of view from someone from another country/culture. I dislike when those conversations seem to turn into a school yard brawl over 'my country is better than your country' because let's face it...there's issues everywhere but, generally most folks I think would appreciate learning about other ideas and experiences.
I would love to travel and my daughter longs for the day to visit Ireland (her ancestors home) and internet folks can help give just a tad bit of insight into folks from those other countries.

I have a dear friend from the UK and he said once that America seems like 50 different little countries.
edit on 30-3-2018 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join