It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am tired of people acting like anyone who wasnt involved in a situation cant voice their opinion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Am I the only person tired of this argument that somehow if you werent personally involved in a situation, that you need to just shut up? Or the inverse, where being involved in a situation suddenly makes you an expert that cant be touched?

Let me give some examples.

The student activist at parkland. Yes they suffered through a terrible tragedy, I would never belittle that. But now we are told this somehow makes them experts on guns, or we cant respond when the call people that dont agree with them murderers?

Of course not, this is childish. Suffering this tragedy does not make you an expert.

What happens when a person who suffered a similar tragedy has the opposite opinion? Then who is right? Both are untouchable and not to be questioned because they have suffered.

Thats what we saw when the Eagles of Death metal singer, who was at the Bataclan terror attack that killed many, called out the parkland students. For some reason, it was ok to criticize this singer, even though he suffered a tragedy, but its not ok to call out the parkland students? Why? Because deep down everyone knows that being involved in this even doesnt make you an expert, its just an appeal to emotion or authority.

Or how about the "Have you ever had X job? Then you need to shut up because you dont know anything about it"

Had an online retail business? Well then, you are allowed to say amazon is quite literally skynet (the company in the terminator that leads to the death of pretty much all humans) You can say the government needs to punish them and stop them.

And guess what, anyone who hasnt had an online business needs to shut up, cause they dont know about sky net and evil and the online world like you!!!

So I guess I might as well start a list of things I have done and no one else is allowed to have an opinion about.

I worked for minimum wage before, so I dont think there should be a federal minimum wage, and if you havent worked for that in the past 7 or 8 years, you need to shut your mouth.

I once had a blister on my heel that a doctor said was the worse he had ever seen, and it was caused by my nikes.

So when I say sweatshops making shoes are ok, you have no right to question me, and should just stay silent.

And as a man with a beard I have the right to criticize terrorists with a beard, if you dont have one you need to butt out?

Am I doing this right?
edit on 29-3-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Haha 😁😁 time for bed for me

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I don’t see how complaining is going to solve anything on both sides. It just fuels it even more.

If people stopped talking about it and focused on crap that matters it wouldn’t even be a topic right now.

If we stopped giving attention to people that shoot up schools I guarantee the shootings would diminish drastically.

Both sides need to stop their bickering and bi%#hing. No matter what it’s just going to be a stalemate that both sides are going to lose.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

i dont always agree with you but i dig your threads.
youre one of my favorite posters. love your trump amazon thread

and yes i am tired of it

i am entitled to have an opinion on anything i wish
and when it comes to this hitler dog salute and the hitler hogg edit censorship crap...

nothing should be off limits

depending on the discussion though all opinions are not equal.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one. Even the opinion that you can't voice your opinion because you were not involved, is just an opinion.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i dont always agree with you but i dig your threads.
youre one of my favorite posters. love your trump amazon thread

and yes i am tired of it

i am entitled to have an opinion on anything i wish
and when it comes to this hitler dog salute and the hitler hogg edit censorship crap...

nothing should be off limits

depending on the discussion though all opinions are not equal.

Yeah I disagree with your posts often.

And I also disagree with many people, and admit I can get crapppy with some of my responses.

But I dont recall ever tellin someone I was in a job they werent, so they need to shut up.

Or my family suffered a certain tragedy, so other people need to agree with me or be quiet.

Its childish, and I am tired of hearing it on all sides.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

im with you man

most people disagree with me in real life too.
dont mean #

i disagree with a lot of your # but i dont take it into other threads and disagree with you there or perceive you this way cause i disagreed with you there.

my point is everyone has an opinion as we all should

we do not have to agree on everything

it would be a ice utopia of people could agree on the # that affects other people but its just not going to happen.

sometimes people just flat out know what they are talking about and you dont or they know more about the subject than you but you should still be able to have an opinion. its ignorant to just dismiss peoples opinions and ideas.

at least listen and take it in for 2 seconds and then form your opinion based on their opinion.
open your mind...
you just might learn something or change or any number of things

i dont mean YOU...i mean people

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
You signed up on 6, you just missed the cutoff, if you signed up on 5 I might start listening to you.

Jk..good rant dude

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Simply put, I think it is a tactic (along with others) that is meant to pre-empt and dismiss any differing opinion before it arises.

Meaning, some may certainly believe a single event bestows expert status on every involved topic, but many just want to frame the discussion in as loaded a manner as possible.

The more politically correct/social landmines there are, the less likely it is that any criticism (valid or otherwise) will cut through the mix.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I had a blister on my heal also.........the whole round part of my heal was one big blister. I got it from shooting hoops at the school barefooted. Do you think that makes me an expert on blisters on heals? Nope, it pretty much makes me a dumb fluck.
Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I see a lot of combat debaters here, and as of late, there has been a drift from 'everything political' to other topics. That has to be good in itself.

We do have a host of petulant puerile Young adults who's sole purpose seems to be to cause division as deep as T&C will allow.

Just consider it an off day. You do like to frequent political topics, so.......I guess expect sassy responses.... Peace

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
I see a lot of combat debaters here, and as of late, there has been a drift from 'everything political' to other topics. That has to be good in itself.

We do have a host of petulant puerile Young adults who's sole purpose seems to be to cause division as deep as T&C will allow.

Just consider it an off day. You do like to frequent political topics, so.......I guess expect sassy responses.... Peace

Sassy responses are fine.

Heck, even the responses I am referencing in the OP are ok in the sense they are opinions people are welcome to have.

I just find it funny that people, and I mean a lot, both on and off of ats by into this idea that your job means you are an expert and no one has can be right, or your suffering, etc.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

I've had blisters too.

Every spring I used to run two or three blisters bloody at the beginning of the heavy track season. I bled several through my sneakers.

It was a badge of how bad@ss I was.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I've had blisters too.

Every spring I used to run two or three blisters bloody at the beginning of the heavy track season. I bled several through my sneakers.

It was a badge of how bad@ss I was.

Both of you need to SHUT UP!!!!

You dont know ANYTHING about blisters!!!

MY BLISTER WAS THE WORST!!!!

For you people to even come on here and discuss your blisters shows you care nothing of my suffering!

You have blood and puss on your hands!

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I think opinions are dead at this point. Everyone has one and no one cares.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Oh great now we have a person in here who is an expert on opinions. (sarc)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I know, I struggle with the same thing with loved ones and relatives as well.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

😂😂

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

People think they're special.

Some cross the boundary from insight to expert.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Don't let people silence you. Just keep your target on the argument and not the people, and you will always have that moral highground from which to fight off the chuckleheads.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join