It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do we as a people even tolerate religion?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
i get the whole freedom from. i get the freedom of. not saying i want to burn the churches and prevent people from worship.

if you believe in god or the sun or whatever and it makes you happy then its awesome for you.

now having said that i want to say that i feel like religion is one of the worst things that has ever existed or 'happened' to humanity.
i think it divided more than it brings together
i think it breeds more hate than love

i think people would be better without it

my opinions.

i am going to give an extreme example that i do not think is too common anymore but it must be because it has been in the courts and health departments and # as recent as 05

en.wikipedia.org...

you can read the article if you want. i recommend it. not gonna post anything in here just cause

but that is when a rabbi(mohel) performs circumcision on an 8 day old baby. then they suck the babies penis.
i dont mean like an oral sex job obviously but it is mouth on penis in order to get a drop of blood and for cleaning.

so there were cases of these babies GETTING HERPES because of this.

now apparently more often than not a tube is used so it is not mouth to baby contact.

a court ruled one way then a few years later the other.
cant block it cause it is peoples religion
so it is religious practice/faith. those are the reasons.

it is 2018. i want to know why people still practice this crazy # and why people tolerate this crazy #.

when i say tolerate i dont mean people should take action to prevent or bring violence or legislation.

we can get into all that if people want to.

i am coming at if more from the angle of me sitting on my couch thinking about life and # in general and i find myself wondering wtf?
from the angle of when are people, all people going to wise up and just be done with all this ancient, crazy, fairy tale #.

im sure i offended someone. didnt try to. i just say what i feel. i ask questions.

again. if you have faith in something and you have a belief system and it works for you then that is great. i say awesome. i say keep at it.
i also say what is the deal?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I had a late circumcision because my 2nd wife wanted it......
WORSE decision ever! it was sooooo much better with everything on.
Should be banned in this day and age and yes I agree with you Religion can be the worst but it can give a great deal of comfort to some.
It is all bollocks though no man can understand god...well not with religion anyhow.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Religion is full off Pedos 😡

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Praise Bob's holy name!

www.subgenius.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Some people gain a lot of comfort and solace in their religious beliefs. It helps them not dwell on their imminent demise, and allows them to go through their days without being crippled by the fear of that unknown.

Of course, smart people like us know that life is a horror driven by pain that is destined to end badly, and that in the grand vastness of the universe, our existence is futile and meaningless. But, that being the case, why should I begrudge some little old lady who gains a bit of comfort from saying her rosary? Why do we need to drag her into our horrific version of "reality?"

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: nofear39

i just mostly see the negative #. thats totally possible but these opinions have been formed over years.

i just see a lot of hypocritical #.

i use my boss as examples all the time.
mr religious. preaches to me all the time but is a total piece of #.
ive told stored before. when he was getting divorced he was talking about poking holes in the condoms he found that belonged to his soon to be ex. so she would get pregnant or some #.

went to an iced earth concert the other night. stole a poster off the wall. he was with his kid.
he said he looked at his kid and said were gonna get those and his reason was if they didnt someone else would.

that is piddly # but its just that kind of # that turns me off. from piddly # all the way up to the # i posted in the OP.

this same boss of mine wont even write 3 6's in a row. 666

sometimes i will be taking measurements and i call them out to him to write down so i might mic something it it's

he wont write it. he will change it to 667 or 668

so much faith but # that ex wife of mine...let me consent for you

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
DP
edit on 29-3-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

yeah im with you

but would it be so bad to keep the rosary but ditch the baby mouth penis thing?
its 2018

would that be so bad?

i read the article and it just blew my mind
god commanded it
circumcision should be done.

but god made people perfect????
perfect with a little extra flap though?

none of it makes sense man and i hope we as a people #in wake up. the sooner the better

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
And so It starts

Was going to happen

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
but would it be so bad to keep the rosary but ditch the baby mouth penis thing?
its 2018 would that be so bad?

What difference does it make to your life?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Because people are afraid that there's nothing else after this life. They try to validate their existence with these fairy tales. They need reassurances that all the crap in life isn't just random happenstance, that there's a reason for their suffering.

They afraid of being irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Perhaps you should have stuck to site member protocol and found an example of Islamic or Christian religious idiocy. I have seen this subject of rabbi sucking of babies' penises many times in the past and rebuke against it is very constipated. There can be no criticism against any subject pertaining to those who identify as Jews - you can try but you will certainly end up with your brain bruised and battered. Try launching a criticism with the awesome power to stick and you may find yourself staring at a blue screen and have to reinstall your platform. Such is the power of G-D, defender of his fave creation.

Most members, while reviewing their post which levels some criticism at said Chosenites often begin with a disclaimer: "I have nothing against the Jews...." or "My best friend is a Jew and....." or even " I love the Jews, but....." and there are many examples.

On a different forum I once had a tag line which was a link to a foreskin restoration site. The moderator removed the link. After many requests for a reason he PM'd me to say that it was aggravating Jewish members.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

no bearing on my life at all

im allowed to like, dislike and have opinions on things that have no bearing on my life

plus its #in creepy

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

But what if those religious beliefs turn this reality into 'horror'? What if this reality is actually a very beautiful creation and a person's beliefs is what corrupts and soils this wonderful world for that individual.

Why should we be afraid of death? - religion
Why should we not fully immerse ourselves and enjoy this reality? - religion
Why should we not fully live to the upmost possibility? - religion

But maybe religion is there for a reason. Maybe we are coming out of this massive brainwashing experiment and we will be better for having gone through it. Just imagine what would happen if we have never experience religion before and someone just discovers it in this day and age. That combined with technology would probably assure our destruction within a few years.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Some people gain a lot of comfort and solace in their religious beliefs. It helps them not dwell on their imminent demise, and allows them to go through their days without being crippled by the fear of that unknown.

Of course, smart people like us know that life is a horror driven by pain that is destined to end badly, and that in the grand vastness of the universe, our existence is futile and meaningless. But, that being the case, why should I begrudge some little old lady who gains a bit of comfort from saying her rosary? Why do we need to drag her into our horrific version of "reality?"

Well said, my sentiments exactly.

I couldn't follow a religious belief knowing what I inherently know. So, that crutch to get me through life doesn't exist, and so it is then that knowing that when it ends, what makes us, us, is gone. Not transferred to a higher realm or moving on to a different plane of existence. The energy that is us is released back to the reality around us. Law of conservation. But we do not have the same biological, chemical and electrical idea of anything any more, let alone remain ourselves, without that grey matter working. People suffering traumatic brain damage often become completely different personalities. I would imagine brain death results in no personality at all.

Therefore, when we're done, that's it. No encore. Dim the lights. And then emptiness in that single last slither of consciousness.

That final breath we take, knowing it is our last, will be knowing that there is nothing now. All the hopes, dreams, desires, wants, needs that we have striven for all of our futile life, mean nothing. There will be no next morning waking up, hearing the morning birds singing the new day, no creaking sunlight peering through your bedroom window. No smell of that first cup of coffee, no more anything, ever again. And all our regrets from a life now beyond our control to live it any longer, and with the terrible fear it brings knowing this, fill that one last moment. That overwhelming ache that screams "No, please, not now..."

Still, you have to laugh, don't you...

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Golden Rule

i really dont follow your post at all but its cool

i didnt pick some idiocy from another religion but so what.
whats the difference?

i feel equal about all. i said as much in the OP

but since you mentioned it how about the stoning women thing for islam

kind of 2,000 years ago

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
im allowed to like, dislike and have opinions on things that have no bearing on my life

You can do anything you want in this life; anything you can. Even "illegal" things, because what are laws but rules forcing you to conform and not rock the societal boat even if it all amounts to nothing in the long run?

plus its #in creepy

I suppose that at the time it was invented, that was the best way to sterilize a wound. Anyway, you're not worried about somebody taking a knife to somebody's junk, but it bugs you if somebody puts their mouth there? Hmmm...

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

i never said i wasnt worried about it.
worried might not be the right word but its a practice i feel needs to be stopped.

but yeah a #in grown man with his mouth on an 8 year old penis is a bit creepier....
just to me

and if you have herpes you damn well know you do so good job rabbii knowingly passing that # on to an infant

religion

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

" why do we as a people even tolerate religion? "

The People are just the Sheep the Shepard Leads to a Previously Defined Pasture . It Serves a Purpose for the PTB in Any Era of Human History to Control the Masses who Know Not their True Creator or their Personal Purpose here on Earth , and through the Guilt of Heinous Thought Crime which the PTB have Deemed a Affront to All Humanity , said People can be Swayed .
edit on 29-3-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Because a world such as this, with all it's horror amidst ordinary people every day, in all corners of this planet, where suffering is the norm and compassion is from but a few, for there to be a god who can grant miracles for en elect few, yet ignore all of this, is not a god I'd want to spend an eternity with.

And certainly not one worthy of my unfaltering belief. What if god does exist. But he's just as fallible as any one individual, but just has a lot of magick up his sleeve. I'm sure bacteria grown in a petri dish would consider that bloke in the white coat and coke bottle glasses as a god; he created the heavens that delivered them, and he created the earth, wound and tall which provided the sustenance for them to thrive... If, that is, they had the arrogance to make the same mistakes as humans have, and invent a belief system and then go about finding reasons to support it.

I opt for the not existing answer. Funny thing about evolving intelligence... the things that allowed us to reason, to find ways to achieve a goal in novel ways, also leads us to interpret things around us as having meaning. Early humans had no concept of how things worked, but they knew that when they sacrificed someone, the gods were happy, and they received plentiful crops... We don't do that today, as we know better how things work. Except when it comes to religion. People are still trying to find reasons to justify their beliefs. Instead of finding evidence to support it. Which doesn't exist. At all. None.

And as I have mentioned, if I am wrong and there is a god, I'll be happy to remain here and haunt the lands.. not much different to life, really, except less suffering.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join