It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian spy: Yulia Skripal 'improving rapidly'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

originally posted by: midicon

a reply to: midicon

Mad Vlad gets to kill an enemy of the state and use the fallout as a weapon of propaganda to get the people of Russia on his side and "protect" them from the dreaded west, making him look like a hero.

I have no idea who 'Mad Vlad ' is but the choice of words reveals a silly childishness. I think Putin is already a hero figure for the Russian people. The West might indeed be viewed as 'dreaded' given the not stop demonization of their leader and country from the West.

You know exactly who mad Vlad is, he's the one demonizing the west to the Russian people, hacking the west, invading countries like Crimea and state sponsored terrorism in the Ukraine.

At least you have a sense of humour!

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I enjoy a good joke, It's just a shame that Putin poisoning people on British soil isn't a joke.

edit on 29-3-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
If this Spy's daughter has some kind of insurance policy for her father, then coming out of the hospital, will worry a bunch of operators. It's possible that in doing a wide area poisoning, which got both Russians, plus a policeman, and a couple of Brit civilians, they diluted the dosages, to where certain death, wasn't so certain. I'm thinking their book of directions, only envisions one victim, per attack.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I enjoy a good joke, It's just a shame that Putin poisoning people on British soil isn't a joke.

Don't get me wrong, I know the Russians did it is a plausible explanation. As I said before, they have previous form for this kind of stuff.

I am just suspicuous of the speed that we have gone from 0-60 on this issue. The whole of Europe, Britain and the US "standing in solidarity against the Russians". Where was this reaction to Litvinenko?

Why is the rhetoric so extreme and why has it all happened so quickly, it seems rehearsed.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

My sentiments exactly, although I think the tin foil hat moniker should be kept for the most outrageous of conspiracy theories like fake moon landings, flat earth etc instead of the term blanketing all conspiracies, ya know 'Oh you believe deep state conspiracy, i bet you believe moon landings were faked' kinda thing because I very much believe this is a deep state hit. America probably told Britain to do the accusations saying something akin to

America - 'Right chaps, we need a war and russia is the only real target we can go for but we can't do it because it looks too obvious so you guys do it, then we'll pipe up saying something like "oh you can't treat our friends like that" then when we join, everyone else will follow suit, russia will ask for evidence supporting the claim but you gotta stall until we can fabricate something'

Britain - 'Ok, can i have a treat'

America - 'Who's a good boy, yes you are'

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
According to the mdia and some on here it was only a matter of time till both died. Poisoned by novichok my arse.

It is only the expert medical attention they are receiving that kept them alive

Porton Down should bloody well have a sample of every military grade agent out there so they can do their job and find antidotes for our armed services and population for any potential attack by a rouge nation

I’m pleased she is making a recovery, in no way is she a traitor as labelled by so called Americans sounding very Russian

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Think about just how utterly crazy that must be fore her.

Last thing she knew her and her old dad where having a spot of lunch then almost three weeks later after she wakes up only to discover that her dad is still on the verge of death after herself and him were poisoned by some high-tech soviet era chemical weapon. Not only that but over the last few weeks this has created a political spat between the west and Moscow that has taken us to the brink of a new Cold War and the media have been directing her background. I think she would be forgiven for confusing her life over the page few weeks with a Tom Clancy novel.

Thats enough to mess most people up I would think.

I wonder how much she will actually know, I would guess that they are going to limit how much they tell her while she is still critical but the police will want to speak to her soon as they can. While I would doubt that she will be able to point out who was behind the attack on her and her father I am sure any information she can give will be most valuable.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

My sentiments exactly, although I think the tin foil hat moniker should be kept for the most outrageous of conspiracy theories like fake moon landings, flat earth etc instead of the term blanketing all conspiracies, ya know 'Oh you believe deep state conspiracy, i bet you believe moon landings were faked' kinda thing because I very much believe this is a deep state hit. America probably told Britain to do the accusations saying something akin to

America - 'Right chaps, we need a war and russia is the only real target we can go for but we can't do it because it looks too obvious so you guys do it, then we'll pipe up saying something like "oh you can't treat our friends like that" then when we join, everyone else will follow suit, russia will ask for evidence supporting the claim but you gotta stall until we can fabricate something'

Britain - 'Ok, can i have a treat'

America - 'Who's a good boy, yes you are'

You are so spot on it isn't even funny. But yet those who pretend to hate the establishment seem to be those who support it the most.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It seems novichok is relatively easy to make. According to wiki Iran built 5 of those in 2016.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Their effect on humans was demonstrated by the accidental exposure of Andrei Zheleznyakov, one of the scientists involved in their development, to the residue of an unspecified Novichok agent while working in a Moscow laboratory in May 1987. He was critically injured and took ten days to recover consciousness after the incident. He lost the ability to walk and was treated at a secret clinic in Leningrad for three months afterwards. The agent caused permanent harm, with effects that included "chronic weakness in his arms, a toxic hepatitis that gave rise to cirrhosis of the liver, epilepsy, spells of severe depression, and an inability to read or concentrate that left him totally disabled and unable to work." He never recovered and died in July 1992 after five years of deteriorating health.

Source

I think she's not really going to be in much of a state to help the investigation in any way.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Possibly time will tell though.

I don't think she will be assisting with the investigation any time soon though.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
How many police officers touched this door. This story stinks.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Even though Russia is not OPEC, Russia, along with Libya and Iraq and Iran are major competition to Saudi Arabia on the oil export market. Saudi Arabia already took care of Libya and Iraq and Iran with war and sanctions, but to take care of Russia Saudi Arabia needs Britain's help. What do you think the Saudi crown prince was doing visiting London a few days before Skirspal was poisoned? Coincidence? I don't think so.

Saudi Arabia is an absolute monarchy. There is no parliament. All the money in Saudi Arabia belongs to one family. MBS spends tens of billions of dollars at a time on visits. Bribes. Corruption. It stinks to high heaven.
edit on 29-3-2018 by sunShines because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: sunShines

That's an interesting theory , there was indeed a visit . TM walked backwards for him , quite a few steps backwards on his approach. Seemed symbolic somehow . Put Sherlock Holmes on it

edit on 29-3-2018 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner
The daughter of the Russian spy recently poisoned by a nerve agent is out of a critical condition and is recovering well -

www.bbc.co.uk...

Her father is still in a critical condition but stable.

Two people poisoned by Russian assassins on behalf of Mother Russia herself: poisoned with a nerve agent five to eight times as potent as VX, yet both survive, one even is recovering well.

Either it was a #ty homebrew version of Novichok - in which case it does not look to be a state actor - or both victims were treated with the correct antidote immediately by the emergency responders, which is even more shady and a again cast serious doubt on Russia's involvement.

Or of course it was not Novichok at all, and then the entire story goes out the window.

Excuse my skepticism, but I want to see the evidence for Russian involvement - especially in this current anti-russian climate.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

Excuse my skepticism, but I want to see the evidence for Russian involvement - especially in this current anti-russian climate.

Also, I find it somewhat suspect that a Russian spy is attempted publicly assassinated in the most Russian way ever - to the point of it being a pop culture trope - with a Russian developed poison. And not just any poison; the very nerve agent that exposed Russia trying to circumvent the Chemical Weapons Treaty.

Of all the ways it could be done, this is the one that screams "Russia bad, Russia evil" the most.

Those Russian spy agencies sure suck at the whole cloak and dagger secrecy thing..

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Only Novichok-5 is claimed to be five to eight times deadlier than VX.

The standard course of treatment, for pretty much any nerve agent, is also a fairly common medication, Atropine.

I also wouldn't exactly say improving rapidly is the same thing as recovering well. See my previous posts about the Russian scientist that had been exposed to Novichok.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

They killed another person with a Polonium isotope that is pretty much found only in Russia.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

I'd love it if he woke up and said a couple of MI6 agents he was due to meet poisoned him. Even though he's improving I bet something still happens to him.

Thinking they were supposed to die and didn't?

From what I understand the largest concentration of agent was found at the front doorway (unconfirmed?), means somebody may have given them a dose when they answered the door, meaning they will have seen them.

Poisoned door handle is quite possible. I got norovirus from touching the door handle of a bathroom in an airport. That's the only object I ever touched apart from a packet of crisps. Then that night I knew something was wrong and going to happen. Then I was sick and spent two weeks with a bowling ball in my stomach.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Let's just set up an assassination on British soil. Why Britain? Russia have form here, that's why. It's an easy sell. Plus, we have this "special relationship" with you guys across the pond. Again, what choice does Trump have but to support us publicly.

We are being led in a very scary direction.

Why a poisoning with deadly agents? Precedent. Its happened before.

It 'rings' with the citizenry. Notice the first accusations, within hours, were all made by politicians.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join