It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family’s S.U.V. Plunges Off Cliff, and Death Toll Is Feared to Be 8

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

This is a very sad story any way you look at it.

On a side note, I had to Google this article thanks to the NY Times BS paywall. Here's a link to a non-paywall news article about the tragedy. USA TODAY
edit on 29-3-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

the logistics of the event are mind boggling

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Seems likely the male father got tired of all the 2 mommy bs portrayed by our corrupted government and media.

It is what it is.

You can not throw men to the curb like dogs and expect nothing to happen.

edit on 29-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: seattlerat

This is a very sad story any way you look at it.

On a side note, I had to Google this article thanks to the NY Times BS paywall. Here's a link to a non-paywall news article about the tragedy. USA TODAY

I'm sorry about that, I try to avoid sharing links that require subscription/payment/first born. I am not sure why I am able to view the article without any prompt for payment. Thanks for the heads-up, I will avoid NY Times in the future!

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

This was a lesbian couple, not that it matters, but there wouldn't be a "he" here.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This is just a bizarre story.

Some friends described married couple Jennifer and Sarah Hart as good parents who took their adopted kids to Bernie Sanders rallies, while some neighbors said they called child welfare officials in their rural Washington state community over concerns about possible abuse or had noticed red flags.

On the one hand, they looked like a model family, but on the other you have neighbors worried because one kid kept coming over and asking for food and another showing up at 1:30am with just a blanket saying she was being abused and asking for protection.

Is it a coincidence that they disappeared just before the investigation began?

It also kind of sounds like the parents may have been a bit paranoid.

Oh, and they homeschooled, so it seems that contrary to the popular stereotype, Christians aren't the only ones who do it.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
News just reported there was an investigation into child abuse in the home.
Kids were all adopted.
Three kids are unaccounted for.

trafficking?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Brake failure or intentional homicide/suicide aren’t the only options to explain the lack of skid marks. Driver could have fallen asleep at the wheel. The driver could have had s stroke or other medical emergency.

It’s sad to hear of the possible abuse. It is hard to not read more into the expression on that little boy’s face as he hugs the police officer. Was he scared of his parents? Desperate for someone to help?

Very sad story, no matter how the details play out.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: calwoodbutcher

It would have to be "she was looking in the mirror. Parents were two women and children were all adopted. If I had to bet on this it would be an intentional act and not an accident.

If you mean Intentional as in murder, I agree.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This was a lesbian couple, not that it matters, but there wouldn't be a "he" here.

Thanks I now know that. Can't see how two 'people' who love kids so much adopt a gaggle then kill them.

They cared enough to become activists too. This is not deathwish mentality.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This is So tragic..when looking at the face of the young dude hugging the cop i just wanna cry. Maybe he was just overwhelmed with emotion because of the police brutality march ,but what if it was that And because he was traumatised by his living conditions/foster parents? Or even more of the latter than the former? I have read that his adoptive sister has gone in the night in distress to a neighbour,claiming abuse from her parents,and he has been asking for food,as they were hungry? Horrible what happened to these kids,fills me with anger and sadness

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

From the story I linked above, it's very bizarre.

It's like they created the veneer of normal while they were rotten inside, but there are a lot of families like that. Most don't seem to drive themselves off of cliffs though.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

From what i read on various sites covering this,his sister had to go looking for help in the night,because she was being abused,and he was asking for food from neighbours quite a few times lately..i am thinking these 2 women so badly wanted to be seen as paragons of virtue that they financially got in over their heads,and took it out on the kids,or the kids suffered the inevitable consequences of these 2 women gone overboard. Either way,so very very sad,i hate to see kids suffering and dead.No one asks to be born

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's like they created the veneer of normal while they were rotten inside,

Normal is as normal does. Many would say they were abnormal because they were gay, adopted children, were activists.

The deck was always stacked against them. Imagine applying for jobs or an apartment.

You're what, and you do what, with what?

Denied (insert loud gavel sound).

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: katerinaGrace

From what i read on various sites covering this,his sister had to go looking for help in the night,because she was being abused,and he was asking for food from neighbours quite a few times lately..i am thinking these 2 women so badly wanted to be seen as paragons of virtue that they financially got in over their heads,and took it out on the kids,or the kids suffered the inevitable consequences of these 2 women gone overboard. Either way,so very very sad,i hate to see kids suffering and dead.No one asks to be born

I have seen the same thing you describe happen to a few animal-rescuers. It is as if they have an uncontrollable drive to save animals that overpowers their ability to have foresight and think things through logically. Animal-rescuer becomes animal-hoarder, and the creatures the person wants so desperately to save end up suffering/dying for various reasons. I can see the same thing happening with adoption. It is such a weird and unfortunate flaw of the brain, and I wonder if there isn't some amount of internal self-torture going on with persons suffering from these sorts of issues. In some ways it might be like substance abuse/addiction and kept hidden for the most part from those not directly affected by it.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Check out this version by five finger.
Way better with more emotion, in my opinion

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Yea that is powerful stuff.

So who do you think ran them off a cliff?

What kind of plan could one possible have to hide the kids?

I like this one better

Maybe they were taken by aliens or at least we can just write it off as such and let them grow up in peace in another country far away from the usa madness

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join