It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voyager wakes up after 37 years of inactivity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
If Voyager is found by another life. Do you think the other life will be like, holly crap, why do they only have 2 distint genders, that’s weird, or would they be like, it seems like evelotuon is basically the same everywhere.

"More old space junk. We might be able to sell it for a few Interstellar Credits."

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

"Hello My Name is Human"

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
If Voyager is found by another life. Do you think the other life will be like, holly crap, why do they only have 2 distint genders, that’s weird, or would they be like, it seems like evelotuon is basically the same everywhere.

The thing they'd wonder most about is the urge to force everybody to make a decision "you can only be this or that" when the greeks already knew there's all nuances from manly personality in female body like Athena to very feminine personality in a male body like Hermaphroditus, so why not save the space for something more interesting than sex? I mean that's the first thing you do? Show everybody your procreational stuff? Is that how you greet eachother?
Is it mandatory?

I don't know if it came across, but I think gender is something fluid in every biological life form that evolved to a certain degree of "cultural intelligence"
With Bonobos fe sex becomes a cultural instrument of installing social order. I think it's similiar with humans to a lesser "I fling poop in your face to make a point" degree. And I think it's possible the more culturally advanced you are the more you acknowledge not every male is an "alpha" or "beta" but has good days and bad days, depending on age, health, emotional status, .... and you start taking different "jobs in society" which we with our focus on binary gender would title "manly and feminine".
So if they're more evolved than we they'd wonder maybe why we thought it was important to show our genitals and not one that shows us as simply bipedal humanoid.

I mean for simplicity's sake we could have shown one with both parts, it happens... if we really insist to show our genitals before the first handshake that is...

Please stop taking this thread off topic with your gender agenda!

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick
Lucky you didn't notice my reply..... would that be a Covert Agenda gender agenda?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

You do realise that you quoted it, it is like 98% of your post, and do that so I don't write more of the same?
Why the hell do you quote it if you want not more of it?

I'm a big people pleaser so I think
I know
what you really want

I think men wearing dresses are totally hot, if he is hot, like Ashton Cutcher fe
On the other hand two gay guys well trained Marines getting dirty on eachother. With uniform, the hat, the rest goes and shows more and more of the body beneath. That's exciting, not?

I don't claim my kink is that far and wide spread it could be considered mainstream, but what I do say is everybody has a kink.
It's okay

edit on 30-3-2018 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Oh god, you just said there are only 2 genders lol...Some people may take issue with this.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I was just pulling a leg here. But indeed, it sure looks very primitive.

I simply imagine some Romulans laughing their asses off.
edit on 30-3-2018 by Yvhmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

How about Scottish hooligans in kilts? (the nice kind, not the violent types)
I once encountered a group of those. Still leaves a smile on my face when thinking about it.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Who fixed the thrusters? ....hmmm

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Triple A... liens.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Well that plaque is going to confuse aliens.

57 kind's of gender and all that jazz.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I wonder if it's the interstellar medium itself. Cosmic flows of energy that shape all those nebulae.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: PainGod

Oh god, you just said there are only 2 genders lol...Some people may take issue with this.

Well there are only two SEXES to be correct. Genders mental.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
That's fricking awesome, its amazing that once we really made things to last.

Shame we gave it up for planned obsolescence.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

I'm not sure sending our address out into space was the best of ideas.

I don't know, I'm sure they couldn't do any worst of a job of running things, than the jokers in control now.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: PainGod

Honestly confused. What does this have to do with a space craft? Where are the mods?

Denny
edit on 30-3-2018 by DaCook because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If you want to discuss gender politics can you please go back to buzzfeed and facebook.
I know with how ATS has become it can be easy to confuse those sites with this one these days.

ugh, came to talk about voyager, but seeing gender politics has honestly killed that for me....
Might come back to the topic if the mods do their jobs.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

It's on topic. They made nude pictures on the plate. When I see nudes it's sex in my head. I feel it's healthy because I'm not the only one.
And it implied wondering what the aliens would have as gender. Double on-topic.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Jesus, sex stuff in a spacecraft longevity discussion.

Anyway, the simplicity of Voyager, by staying on target to mission, and limiting only the instrumentation required, is a huge reason for its success. It is excellence in engineering.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join