It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voyager wakes up after 37 years of inactivity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson
Only 2 distinct genders?.... Thats so 80's talk man...
Imagine how big that record would have to be in order to accommodate all the political correctness nowadays...

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
If Voyager is found by another life. Do you think the other life will be like, holly crap, why do they only have 2 distint genders, that’s weird, or would they be like, it seems like evelotuon is basically the same everywhere.

The thing they'd wonder most about is the urge to force everybody to make a decision "you can only be this or that" when the greeks already knew there's all nuances from manly personality in female body like Athena to very feminine personality in a male body like Hermaphroditus, so why not save the space for something more interesting than sex? I mean that's the first thing you do? Show everybody your procreational stuff? Is that how you greet eachother?
Is it mandatory?

I don't know if it came across, but I think gender is something fluid in every biological life form that evolved to a certain degree of "cultural intelligence"
With Bonobos fe sex becomes a cultural instrument of installing social order. I think it's similiar with humans to a lesser "I fling poop in your face to make a point" degree. And I think it's possible the more culturally advanced you are the more you acknowledge not every male is an "alpha" or "beta" but has good days and bad days, depending on age, health, emotional status, .... and you start taking different "jobs in society" which we with our focus on binary gender would title "manly and feminine".
So if they're more evolved than we they'd wonder maybe why we thought it was important to show our genitals and not one that shows us as simply bipedal humanoid.

edit on 29-3-2018 by Peeple because: Add

I mean for simplicity's sake we could have shown one with both parts, it happens... if we really insist to show our genitals before the first handshake that is...
edit on 29-3-2018 by Peeple because: Another add

edit on 29-3-2018 by Peeple because: AutoAnd

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Peeple

I'm not sure sending our address out into space was the best of ideas.

We've been sending radio broadcasts out at light speed for about a century, that would give us a 200 light year bubble of detectable information around us. If they were there and looking they would find us via those a lot quicker I imagine. Still very doubtful that anything would be in that range given the scale of our galaxy alone. If you had a picture of our galaxy 200 light years would be little more than a pixel. Space is big!

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

As long as V'ger brings the hot bald chick back, I'm good with it.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

my first thought...

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
It was a golden record called "sounds of Earth" not a tape.

They won't come because the bloke is waving but look at the women. Like in all relationships the man is not allowed to have his mates over to stay.

LOL

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Carl Sagan did the artwork for Voyager, maybe its an ad for the Earth herb product that “amplifies torpid sensibilities".
More likely its a reminder for the aliens that the first duty once they reach Earth is to just torch the fruit loops..
According to Groening this thread should be linked to Rendlesham Forest UFO.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

If Voyager is found by another life. Do you think the other life will be like, holly crap, why do they only have 2 distint genders, that’s weird, or would they be like, it seems like evelotuon is basically the same everywhere.

Guess NASA didn't think of the future when making the images. They didn't include a transgender person. Aliens are gonna get a PC lesson when they arrive.

"Hello men and women of earth" ... I can already see the protests.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Why does that image have the mans genitals but not the women's??

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Judging by life on Earth there would be 3 possibilities:
Single sex cloned
Hermaphrodite
Dual sex with sexual reproduction

It's possible via technology they could change any of those but evolutionarily I think those are a safe bet

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyteeny

37 Years is one helluva nap. Glad to see they can extend the life of the mission a bit longer.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyteeny

"They don't make 'em like they used to
They don't make 'em like you anymore"

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

My sentiments exactly

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I think the aliens will come here after they see the picture of a girl from Earth.

well because they are swallowable snacks most likely.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

And it is discriminatory. Where are the Red, Yellow and Black races on that plate.

I feel it is about time to start a twitter storm and March on Washington to demand a redress of grievances.

Where are the snowflakes when you really need one. Like the cops.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
V-GYNY?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

She got an innie.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Yvhmer

I didn't say it's discriminatory, I said it shows we are not that far above Bonobos when it comes to sex.
Who you # defines who you are amongst society. So much so that we had to send a dick picture, nice and detailed of the male genital (primary sex organ) and boobs (secondary sex organ) through space.
"We man we primary!"

You tell me they give everything double meaning and some symbolic ones too and what not, but that # happens by coincidence?

edit on 29-3-2018 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Here's some PC trivia: Some people thought that the woman on the Pioneer plaque "looked too passive". In response to these complaints, when the couple were reproduced for an image on the Voyager record (depicting vertibrate evolution), it was the woman who had her arm raised, instead of the man. Link

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Saint Exupery

Did you see her pussy? No? So it still stands she is the sexually surpressed one. Maybe she raised her arm, because she was able to snuck it in to ask for help?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join