It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Military Moon Base Probably Actually Exists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It doesn’t matter how many SeaLaunch ships or remote islands you have to launch from, there are only a few workable trans-lunar orbits and any unannounced spacecraft achieving escape velocity to transfer to a lunar transit would be immediately picked up by Earth resources.

Then of course there is the (current) three day transit to Earth from the Moon that would make any “urgent (military) delivery” a bit delayed.

And there is nothing on Earth that could be seen/monitored from the Moon that could not be seen/monitored from low Earth orbit cheaper and faster.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMasterOne
I like conspiracies theories but this one has a big flaw i believe. The moon is regularly (daily, weekly, yearly i don't know precisely) hit by meteorites so an external base, i don't think so. Now if we're talking underground why not; the hollow moon theorists will soon kick in

There is a power function that defines the probability of the moon being hit by a meteorite of a particular size. It works by defining a particular area in square meters or kilometers. For a crater of diameter X, there are somewhere between 5 and 8 times as many craters of diameter X/2, due to the way that one meteorite would fragment and send out new meteorites. So there is a constant drizzle of micro-meteorites, but a 250km meteorite is a once in a million years event. The majority of all those large craters happened billions of years ago during a particular period.

Depth of a crater is 1/10th the diameter, so going underground a few hundred meters would be enough. Take advantage of the existing lava tubes, and it's all done.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Name one facility that was operational in the USA in the last twenty years that had the capability to produce rockets with the fuel capacity to get loads to and from the moon? Much less produce rockets at the rate to maintain a supply chain for a moon base.

List evidence that rocket fuel is being manufactured at a rate that would support material being sent to the moon to support construction.

How are communications from the moon handled? Any broadcast from the moon would stick out like a lighthouse.

And you have to get past the mentioned meteorites, the moon is under constant surveillance by numerous countries.

And you have to get passed the mentioned it’s cheaper to use automation and low orbit. Any manned mission to the moon is a whole magnitude more expensive than using an automated mission.

No, there is no evidence there is a man moon base.

You have only offered fantasy and innuendo. You have not given even any evidence of a current production rocket that would have the fuel capacity to aid in the building and supplying of a manned moon based.

Do they build the rockets in bits, ship them to a large sea platform, and assembly the rockets there? How to they get the liquid oxygen and hydrogen there?

Ships full liquid oxygen and hydrogen seems problematic?

Your thread is killed by reality of needed resources, man power, and economics.

room.eu.com...

Almost half a century has passed since man first visited the Moon. However, most projects for creating humanity’s outpost on the Moon never made it past the drawing board due to their expensive implementation. In a 2009 study, the Center for Strategic and International Studies suggested a lunar base would cost $35 billion to construct and $7.35 billion a year to maintain. It is clear therefore that until the cost of space access is lowered the situation with building a base on the Moon is unlikely to change.

www.google.com...

The Saturn V rocket’s first stage carries 203,400 gallons (770,000 liters) of kerosene fuel and 318,000 gallons (1.2 million liters) of liquid oxygen needed for combustion. At liftoff, the stage’s five F-1 rocket engines ignite and produce 7.5 million pounds of thrust.

Break

The second stage carries 260,000 gallons (984,000 liters) of liquid hydrogen fuel and 80,000 gallons (303,000 liters) of liquid oxygen.

Break

The third stage carries 66,700 gallons (252,750 liters) of liquid hydrogen fuel and 19,359 gallons (73,280 liters) of liquid oxygen.

All that fuel for this payload?

en.m.wikipedia.org...

As of 2018, the Saturn V remains the tallest, heaviest, and most powerful (highest total impulse) rocket ever brought to operational status, and holds records for the heaviest payload launched and largest payload capacity to low Earth orbit (LEO) of 140,000 kg (310,000 lb), which included the third stage and unburned propellant needed to send the Apollo Command/Service Module and Lunar Module to the Moon.[5][6]

Please give an estimate of how many Saturn rockets it would take to build your imagined moon base?

Debunk the dark side of the moon is populated by unicorns.
edit on 29-3-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 29-3-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed more

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

In fact, wouldn’t there have to be a small communications satellite in orbit around the moon, so a base on the dark side of the moon could communicate with earth.

How is a base on the dark side of the moon blind to earth an asset?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Out of all the vehicles you pictured, name on that had the power to lift off from the moon? And none of them broke apart on reentry to earth?

God bless our astronauts. But out of the space shuttles built, how many broke apart on reentry?

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I tend to agree with the general assertion it makes more sense to have a base(s) on the Moon than not. However, I also agree with many of the posters here asking important questions.

1. What would the strategic advantage be to have a Moon base?
2. Why keep it a secret?
3. How do we resupply a massive operation of this magnitude without the general public being aware?
4. Etc...

For the most part these questions have been answered to some degree. However, there is another aspect I would like to ad into this scenario. What if we do not use conventional means to travel to and from the Moon? What if we do, in fact, have space craft capable of Space travel by non-conventional means? For example, if we have actually designed and built space craft capable of traversing long distances in mere minutes and not through the use of traditional propulsion systems then all of the conventional questions become irrelevant.

If we are going to go so far as to assert there are secret Moon bases then we can equally go as far to assert we have developed alternative means of travel which make space travel as simple and easy as driving to the neighborhood store.

If this is plausible then the answers to "why" become different questions asked entirely.

(post by Godric removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Well, the moon sure is a great place to hide something given that no one can see the dark side. My only question would be what advantage does having a base on the moon have and why would it need to be secret? Those questions need to be answered before any real speculation should be made.
A couple quick answers in a sea of possible explainations... It could be a first step to colonizing the moon which will not be defenseless, and perhaps it needs to be kept secret because the idea is that the ever popular villian "the elites" get to go when the world finally meets doomsday.

More likely than that, they want a military presence in space just like they want one anywhere else, and the moon is no exception. Perhaps they saw the future potential and wanted to be there first before the world and its technology catches up. That way if we ever have space battles they already have an advantage of some sort maybe. And of course they'd want it kept as secret as possible so the "enemy" doesn't know exactly what is going on.

Maybe they wanted a military moon base because they found out ET was just the down syndrome baby of their race, and the family he phoned home to aren't so friendly, and naturally they'd keep it secret. After all, what would Mr. Former Blink 182 have to keep teasing everyone with?

Who knows, but the possibilities are endless as to why and why.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

What would give a space the capabilities you mentioned? What fuel would have the power density to create such rapid transit?

Why are we not mining asteroids, and have half the solar system colonized by now?

It is too expensive to use for mining and colonizing, but economical enough to createb a secret moon base and maintain it for decades?
edit on 29-3-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Did you know this photo is supposedly from the recent Chinese Moon program? Chang'e 2 -

Unconfirmed but if that photo is legit I bet it's the US Space Base because it was NOT there in the photographs of the same crater from 50 years earlier.

It's not, it's a fake that has been cobbled up from a Lunar Orbiter image from the 1960s.

This famous photo is also a good candidate, though I cannot confirm if it's a legit pic or not.

It's not.

Also, the MOL was never launched, mostly because the development of spy satellites had progressed to the point of making unmanned observation of Earth more cost effective.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I love the conspiracy but I cannot for the life of me see how we could manage to hide numerous supply and support craft going to these bases from anyone, there's so many 10 a penny scopes looking up it would have to be Romulan cloaking stuff of films..

Even if that was semi possible how do you hide the heat signature?

Pretend its Steve (lights in the sky)?
edit on 29-3-2018 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

What if we do not use conventional means to travel to and from the Moon? What if we do, in fact, have space craft capable of Space travel by non-conventional means? For example, if we have actually designed and built space craft capable of traversing long distances in mere minutes and not through the use of traditional propulsion systems then all of the conventional questions become irrelevant.

A craft in a conventional shape propelled by unconventional means. Now that's an angle we have to look up too!
edit on 29-3-2018 by xconvoyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I could quite easily believe we have a base on the moon
it would be quite something .

it would be really cool if independent private companies started going there like space x and bigelow's company
arent China planning to go back in teh next few years , actually hasnt trump said he wants men on the moon.

It would be beneficial to our species to house a seed bank and DNA bank of all life on earth , and have some gene vaults up there and a station of humans to save our species should a catastrophic ELE occur.

it makes perfect sense , not sure why they'd need to be so covert about it , I mean how often do the CIA get rumbled for black projects and crazy spending to overthrow countries, so why be so secretive about the moon
unless there is something up there they dont want us to know about.
because once it becomes public it then falls under huge amounts of scrutiny and the public will demand transparency .

As for not going back to the moon , multiple reasons why , but the best and weirdest was Ingo Swann being told through RV that we were not permitted to stay there and we were not wanted up there.

edit on 29-3-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

I've thought about this , cant you launch from the poles or from the sea where no one is even looking
then take some high eliptical orbit that hides your approach from earth observation ?

Im no physics genius but surely there would be a way !

in any case maybe they use advanced materials to hide their heat signatures etc

or maybe they dont even needs rockets and can just teleport stuff there
because they found the ancients "special handbag" and "rolex"
this is my own theory that those things were teleportation devices
edit on 29-3-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

How was oxygen produced to keep the personnel alive on the moon ?

The basics are the questions that need explaining.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

edit on 08/06/82 by jamespond because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: bender151

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
great thread
as far as i'm concerned it's far more likely that there is a manned presence on the moon than that there isn't.

Based on... well... nothing. I think it's far more likely we have a base on the sun than we do not. See how that works?

Yes I saw how that worked, you countered a sensible post with a completely stupid one. Well done!

link   

link   

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join