It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How come liberals don't want to talk about mental health in relation to school shootings?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
How should we react to the people sending death threats to Stormy and Hogg? Should they be allowed to have the means to carry out their threats?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
How should we react to the people sending death threats to Stormy and Hogg? Should they be allowed to have the means to carry out their threats?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

gonna call this now

she is a whore. look at her pupils. fake news. not true. yuge. maga.

but good point you make there my friend

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Sounds like Hogg could use a firearm.

Good times!

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have been looking..not an easy # to come up with..what I have found out is a fatherless home is a significant thing in relation to childhood problems, suicide, runaways, behaviour disorders
thefatherlessgeneration.wordpress.com...

As for Canada, a graph shows roughly 550,000 fatherless homes..out of a population of roughly 35,000,000.
www.statcan.gc.ca...

I will continue to investigate.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Research shows the same thing here.

Our rate of fatherlessness in certain demographics approaches 70% and it's rising sharply in others.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: amazing

Do you ever try and start the conversation with them instead of waiting for them to bring it up?

My friends whether liberals or conservatives have never had a problem discussing any topic that I can think of.

Maybe you need new friends.

I do and of course I have some liberal friends that will discuss, but mostly if I bring it up, they say, "Yes we need to look into that, but let's talk about guns first."

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: amazing
Come on liberals. Where's the mental health aspect? Not mental health background checks.

But anti bullying, more school councelors, early intervention to at risk youth, more mental health resources to schools, Public service announcements about mental health, Anything? I hear crickets.

Those are all first class requirements. Also anyone that brags on social media about how tough and well armed they are needs to be checked out by the authorities. Prevention is always preferable to a funeral....

you mean like this:

But to show my confidence, I gave my lady a sweet little Glock 43 for valentines day...Just a hopeless romantic I guess.

She's the tough one and very dangerous...but she doesn't need to brag about it.

Anyway this thread was more about trashing liberals than seeking solutions to a very serious problem.

and fishing for flags and stars....anti libs is alway a good tactic for baiting the hook....

Well you're wrong there, this thread is not about fishing for stars and flags. It's a valid issue I have and see. Again, I'm pretty liberal on most issues. This thread is an attempt to talk about the real issues here and they all revolve around mental health.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Good points. Keep in mind that Bullying and it's implications and results as in shootings, IS a mental health issue.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
You do realize that both your statements default to it all being a matter of education?

It's interesting that you would see it that way.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I think Death threats should be handled immediately and harshly. Take them seriously...either a very hard repercussion and consequence or intense mental health intervention.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm not sure liberals are as loud as the million dollar plus companies out there controlling all media with a chatbot army of communists trying to influence them.

It's probably 4d reelection chess insurance.

Anyway...

They just changed the Webster dictionary definition of assault rifle to include semi auto.

Check it out

webster link

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I think Death threats should be handled immediately and harshly. Take them seriously...either a very hard repercussion and consequence or intense mental health intervention.

All right, but what classifies as a death threat?

Do we go zero tolerance on this one?

What about the little kid who gets angry and yells, "I'm gonna kill you!" as little kids do? What about the little kid who yells it in play at recess as little kids do?

Remember the little kid who got suspended for chewing his pop-tart in the shape of a gun?

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I can't find anything by demographic..but I bet in some..such as Aboriginals, it could be significantly higher than the norm.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

www.dailymail.co.uk...

All right, but what classifies as a death threat?

Do we go zero tolerance on this one?

What about the little kid who gets angry and yells, "I'm gonna kill you!" as little kids do? What about the little kid who yells it in play at recess as little kids do?

Remember the little kid who got suspended for chewing his pop-tart in the shape of a gun?

That probably gets a pass. We know that people say things like that, but when someone takes the time to type out and send a death thread, that's different.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12 Should they be allowed to have the means to carry out their threats?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Put Stormy and Hogg in a baseball practice match and let loose the dogs of war, then once they are both shot, we can ignore them and the shooter and move on to next weeks issue......

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think death threats would be the response, if not the intention to putting a dumb, punchable faced, mini nazi in front of the media.

I mean, you would have to be stupid to think that some people don't like the idea of being able to protect their families.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I think death threats would be the response, if not the intention to putting a dumb, punchable faced, mini nazi in front of the media.

I mean, you would have to be stupid to think that some people don't like the idea of being able to protect their families.

But only a real scumbag would threaten a kid who's still in high school. That's beyond terrible and really childish. An adult would be threatened by a high school kid? Here we are back on the mental health discussino again. That adult needs to be admitted asap!

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

To be fair, none of my conservative friends want to talk about any kind of background checks or age restrictions or Gun policy etc

But that isn't being fair, because those things already exist. Despite the second amendment, there are several key peices of legislation in place both covering background checks and setting age limits (18/21).

And to be equally blunt, the left isn't talking about either of those things. They're talking about ineffective "bans" which are wholly unconstitutional and very unpopular. Some of the more fringe elements of their "movement" are calling for outright repeal of the second amendment.

You'd think someone intentionally was trying to start a civil war or fracture this country in two. A bunch of short-sighted loonies if you ask me. They ignore the simple fact that laws will never stop crime simply because criminals will always ignore laws and find workarounds (3D printing guns, smuggling, theft from LE/MIL, zip guns, other deadly weapons, etc).

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

But only a real scumbag would threaten a kid who's still in high school. That's beyond terrible and really childish. An adult would be threatened by a high school kid? Here we are back on the mental health discussino again. That adult needs to be admitted asap!

A whole particular group of adults are clearly quite threatened by Hogg and Gonzalez.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Agreed, the threats are ridiculous. Despite Hogg's cowardly avoidance of every single debate challenge, threats are never called for.

If they can't refute his BS statements with facts and logic then I don't know what to say!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join