It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions regarding the "deep state"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I've been watching some great documentaries recently that go in to great detail on how intelligence agencies (mostly the CIA) work to protect corporate, er, I mean national interests. The level of criminal activity (let alone morally corrupt) is pretty impressive considering they have never really been held accountable. I'm probably not teaching anyone here anything new by stating that they have overthrown several dozen democratically elected governments all over the world, even allies like Australia have had their elected leaders toppled by the CIA since its inception in 1947. This lack of accountability is in part what has led many to suggest that the CIA is a major deep state player.

In general, the CIA, Mi6, Mossad etc are toppling governments who nationalized their biggest natural resources or threaten to do so. Many of these nations do not even have or want relations with Russia, though are moving to the left of where the US wants them to be. Some are arguably far right of where we want them to be, like ISIS or other Islamic terror groups, but they are only "right" on the political spectrum for their hardcore religious or social beliefs, not their fiscal or economic policies, which for the most part they are sadly lacking. Lets be realistic though, the CIA helps fund many of these ultra right wing terrorists. It could be argued quite easily that they are helping foment the entire situation to destabilize the middle east. The Kennedy assassination should provide further circumstantial evidence that the deep state wants to force every nation towards a right wing economic and foreign policies.

The CIA win many of these covert battles for control. No one even has to make excuses to congress or the public with covert actions and there are often shell organizations or banks that provide an even bigger buffer of plausible deniability so the president can just blame the CIA or even better, some bank laundering money and funding rebels.

When the CIA doesn't win, we sometimes go to a more overt plan, full on military invasion. It seems that no matter who is president here in the US, be they democrat or republican, this project of destabilizing countries so the IMF, World Bank, big oil, Wall St etc can benefit from further domination, this is the modus operandi to "protect our freedom and spread democracy". This is what led to the term deep state in the first place... a consistent foreign and domestic policy that barely changes from administration to administration and serves to benefit the financial elite. Peter Dale Scott gets credit for the term in his Kennedy assassination novel: Deep Politics and the Death of JFK

The above synopsis describes most of the potential players in the deep state: long term government employees, the corporate elite, intelligence agencies, the military industrial complex and lastly, only due to the fact that there are terms limits and election cycles, the president and congress.

Here is my question: Considering the fact that the vast majority (if not all of them, I didn't have the patience to research the 70+ documented cases) of these coups or attempted coups were against leftist leaning governments, why would we consider the current speculations that Trump, a conservative (debatable by some) would do something to topple the deep state, which historically, has been a right wing operation?

Below are the films I have been enjoying:

A series of documentaries well worth watching: metanoia-films.org...
Everything is a rich mans game: www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-3-2018 by Harpua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Senior Executive Service ... how many of them were appointed by Obama admin.?

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JanAmosComenius

The SES exists to give long term government employees a place to wait until they reach full retirement benefits.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Harpua

No-one will answer your question because Trump supporters want to believe that CIA is run by Democrats out to avenge Hillary Clinton, and liberals (and genuine conservatives) agree with you.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

The point about the deep state is that regardless of which party is in office, the agenda remains the same. Topple foreign governments unfriendly to american interests.

Watch this video, you'll enjoy it: www.youtube.com...

Obama and Clinton are just as guilty as Nixon, Reagan, Bush etc

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Possibly true, I just want to hear why the deep state wouldn't embrace trump or why he would try to take them down. He's supposed to be good for business and the deep state wants to support big business.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The SES exists to give long term government employees a place to wait until they reach full retirement benefits.

Can you elaborate on this? What are they exactly doing? Waiting?

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harpua

Possibly true, I just want to hear why the deep state wouldn't embrace trump or why he would try to take them down. He's supposed to be good for business and the deep state wants to support big business.

There is no "deep state." That is a paranoid delusion. There are career civil servants. Some of them are genuinely dedicated to the country, but all of them are dedicated to keeping their jobs. Any politician who threatens to trim the bureaucracy is not going to be popular with them.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Watch this video, you'll enjoy it: www.youtube.com...

Obama and Clinton are just as guilty as Nixon, Reagan, Bush etc

I'm sorry, no video guy. Text only.

What if "traditional" deep state was screwed in Obama's years? We are far behind "Yes, Prime Minister" here.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

No-one will answer your question because Trump supporters want to believe that CIA is run by Democrats out to avenge Hillary Clinton, and liberals (and genuine conservatives) agree with you.

The whole idea that any 3 letter agencies is polarized politically is nonsense. All of them have factions and cliques of employees with different views and agendas. The CIA alone has over 21,000 employees.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   

They are dispatching memos, attending inter-departmental meetings, drafting "white papers" and performing other random tasks vital to the survival of the bureaucracy.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

There is no "deep state." That is a paranoid delusion. There are career civil servants. Some of them are genuinely dedicated to the country, but all of them are dedicated to keeping their jobs. Any politician who threatens to trim the bureaucracy is not going to be popular with them.

Thats almost funny coming from a guy on a conspiracy website. Thats like saying people don't fight to protect their interests.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

What makes you think that the deep state is a "right wing" operation?

They seem like pretty hardcore globalists to me.

Two sides of the same coin.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JanAmosComenius

I'm not sure what you are saying here. Please elaborate

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

To think a billionaire would undercut his own value by toppling the economic and political systems of the world is just silly

But many believed just that. 4d chutes and ladders.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

What makes you think that the deep state is a "right wing" operation?

They seem like pretty hardcore globalists to me.

Two sides of the same coin.

What makes you think globalists are right or left wing?

I think its simply about money and power.

Which is made even more obvious by virtue of the people we put in to power throughout the developing world.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

They are dispatching memos, attending inter-departmental meetings, drafting "white papers" and performing other random tasks vital to the survival of the bureaucracy.

Only purpose of SES is survival of the bureaucracy? Or bureaucrats? What if it is keystone of bureaucracy (viz logo).

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Outstanding clarity, deep understanding of deep issues underlying Corporate, er, I mean National, umm, "American" Interests. This thread should be at the top of the front page of ATS.

Anyone reading from a teleprompter like news casters and politicians are only reading from a prepared script. They are 'Players' along.

Hitlers intentions to go to war and rule the world by conquest thru bloodshed was kept secret until he had lulled the German people into believing he really only intended to 'Make Germany Great' again.

The German people never wanted to go to war, either.

Thanks for the documentary suggestions.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Vital to the survival of the "bureaucracy?"

You spelled "deep state" wrong.

posted on Mar, 28 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Thats simple enough. They are supporting him and vice versa, they are just getting really good at presenting the division of state thru left right argument in the main scram media.

Only the appearance of a divided state is represented, the actual state always goes along with itself in the end. The proof is the military, factories for war, banks and politicians always go one way together. Appropriating funding, building arms and shipping them to 'authorized' regions of conflict to be employed as secretly as possible by proxy and insurgent forces, created, trained and funded covertly away from any public scrutiny.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join